Epcot later arrival strategy with extended hours.

disdoc93

Earning My Ears
Question for recent Epcot vistitors. I'm driving down on May 20th and will probably be in Epcot at around 3PM after checking in at the resort. There are not a ton of attractions I'm really into, but I have never done GOG and would like to do Rat again. I'm taking advantage of extended hours that night, so I will likely stay until 11.

Is there any use for LL+ or ILL in this scenario? I definitely want to ride GOG.

For GotG get the VQ at 7am. We do this a lot on our first day when we arrive in the afternoon.

They'll let you on even if you are 10+ hours late for your window.

This does not work for Tron.

We don't go on Remy very often. I do know that right after fireworks is a bad time.

Is there a VQ drop at 6pm as well?
Also, can you have both a VQ and an ILL reservation in one day?

Last edited:
Yes. The extended evenings have the 6pm VQ also.
You can do the regular VQ and the Extended Evening VQ on the same day as long as you are staying at one of qualifying hotels.

where are you staying? if you're staying on the boardwalk or at riviera, then you're going to leave through the IG, which means you should save remy for last. everything else is much closer to the front gate.

So would a good strategy be:

7AM—Try VQ for Guardians. If I can't get it, I have a chance at 6 pm since I (probably) won't be in the park at 1 pm for that drop.

What I will likely do if I don't get a boarding group at 7AM is just pay for an ILL, since I want to experience it on this trip.

Also, I'll try to get a LL+ for Remy and try to time it to get a late return time. If not, I'll just ride in the 10 pm hour as the wait times look shorter on my way out.

where are you staying? if you're staying on the boardwalk or at riviera, then you're going to leave through the IG, which means you should save remy for last. everything else is much closer to the front gate.
Staying at the Swan Reserve, so I will be exiting at IG. Probably just try to do REMY when I am leaving at the end of the night.

Staying at the Swan Reserve, so I will be exiting at IG. Probably just try to do REMY when I am leaving at the end of the night.
i've done this while exiting to beach club. you can probably ride twice if you arrive a little earlier.

if the attraction is down at end of night, you're out of luck, but personally i would take that chance, begin EEH in the front of the park, and only make my way to france for remy and exit. criss-crossing the park is a waste of time and energy during EEH as most things will be closed between front and france (maybe rose&crown and the fish&chips stand would be open).

also: i would still try for later VQs even if you buy ILL for GotG - you may want to ride twice! not sure if you still have to be in park for 1pm VQ but i've never had luck with the midday drop anyway.

if you are buying genie for remy, make sure you select it early (7am) and then modify the return time over the course of the morning until you have it around when you'll be entering the park. it will almost certainly be sold out for the day by 11am or so and then you will be locked into your return time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter