Epcot- later arrival/ no genie+

katyringo

DIS Veteran
Help me make the best of our Epcot day.

We won't be getting to Epcot until probably 11ish. We will have extended hours that day. I do plan to purchase ILL for guardians and try for the VQ. We want to see Epcot forever and check out flower and garden.

I am not planning to buy genie+. It's not completly off the table but I'm not fond of the idea.

My husband has not rode Remy yet and wants to. My only worry is that it breaks down during extended evening hours. I don't want to wait in a 2 hour line tho.

Thoughts? It will be Monday June 26. It could be the start of 4th July crowds.. but it will be summer. I have only been to WDW during Covid reduced capacity(2020) and thanksgiving weekend (2021)so kinda unsure.

Your plan is definitely doable although the unknown for all rides is them breaking down. You can do your trip without purchasing G+ for sure, it would just offer you a bit more freedom to wait in shorter lines. I normally recommend Remy at rope drop but since that won't work, hopefully you don't have any challenges during EEH.

This link will give you a bit of statistical info about Remy to help you decide if purchasing G+ would be worth it to you.

Both Remy and Frozen broke down during our extra deluxe hotel night hours. It was a big bummer. I would plan to do any must-dos during your day and leave the night for bonus rides. I always get Genie+ so no help there.

Your plan is definitely doable. We usually don't buy G+ for Epcot or AK and only do iLL$ and it works pretty well. We usually skip fireworks, but even if you don't, you can accomplish a good bit post fireworks during EEH, especially if you stay for the full time. It really does empty out that last hour to 1.5 hours.

Summer crowds are not usually as bad as other peak times of the year like Spring Break, Christmas and Thanksgiving. It definitely won't be as empty as 2020 was but it likely won't be as crowded as thanksgiving weekend 2021, somewhere in between but likely trending closer to more crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter