Epcot Hotel Back On?

Hence why this is a rumors thread
Maybe we need a fan fiction board...

I'm not picking on you. But there are rumors and there are RUMORS. To me a *rumor* should have some basis in fact. Either tangible evidence to support or at least word-of-mouth from someone with a track record of having access to information.

This is the opposite of that. People who are typically in-the-know have come out to say that they've heard nothing about it. And the one source--who claims to have a permit to support his claim--conveniently decided not to share that info.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this realtor actually did stumble across a permit for a project that actual Disney employees are not aware of. Maybe Disney actually awarded a construction contract to one of its own subsidiaries--a subsidiary which has never actually build anything approaching this scale in the past.

I'm sure this thread will grow to 10 pages of people getting excited about what this resort will look like, how much DVC points will cost and whether you can sneak into Epcot via a fire exit. But right now it's looking like a great big nothing.

I'm not picking on you. But there are rumors and there are RUMORS. To me a *rumor* should have some basis in fact. Either tangible evidence to support or at least word-of-mouth from someone with a track record of having access to information.

This is the opposite of that. People who are typically in-the-know have come out to say that they've heard nothing about it. And the one source--who claims to have a permit to support his claim--conveniently decided not to share that info.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this realtor actually did stumble across a permit for a project that actual Disney employees are not aware of. Maybe Disney actually awarded a construction contract to one of its own subsidiaries--a subsidiary which has never actually build anything approaching this scale in the past.

I'm sure this thread will grow to 10 pages of people getting excited about what this resort will look like, how much DVC points will cost and whether you can sneak into Epcot via a fire exit. But right now it's looking like a great big nothing.
I get what you’re saying. I didn’t post this with thinking this source is accurate. I copied a link from a well known DIsney Park News site. There is a difference if I posted EPCOT hotel back on! versus how I posted it. Interesting to me that a well-known news site that covers Disney parks would even cover this. You are all probably right. No hard feelings here. I’ve got pretty thick skin.

I get what you’re saying. I didn’t post this with thinking this source is accurate. I copied a link from a well known DIsney Park News site. There is a difference if I posted EPCOT hotel back on! versus how I posted it. Interesting to me that a well-known news site that covers Disney parks would even cover this. You are all probably right. No hard feelings here. I’ve got pretty thick skin.
Because they are a well known site that uses Disney to get clicks and make money. They don't care about truth, only click bait. They very often print inaccurate and false information. If challenged they will often double down. We could list pages of things they have said and done that are wrong. On social media they block everyone who offers a different answer, who tries to correct their mistakes. The owner is not a nice person.

They had a mole at Disney and one year basically ruined D23 announcements with leaks from their mole. Disney smoked them out, caught the website announcing the fake stories they were fed and were outed by Disney. Disney has NEVER responded to anything a site published and this time they did by calling the website "unscrupulous".

"A little birdie told us there are some rumors flying around about our beloved Tiki birds at Walt Disney World Resort. We’re sorry that our fans are being fed incorrect information by unscrupulous sources. While “toucan” play at that game, we deal in facts here at the Disney Parks Blog. Although we won’t address every rumor, we want to set the record straight: there are no plans for our feathered friends to fly the coop any time soon."

After that the said site turned hateful towards Disney. Strange position since you make money off of them but after that they were on constant attack. They are not a credible source, and now share no breaking news since their moles were taken care of. There is zero reason to trust the site.

I believe about 80% of the forums can qualify as fan fiction. LOL

And you win funniest thing on this thread so far:
whether you can sneak into Epcot via a fire exit.

I would think the rumor starter realtor would not knowingly throw bogus info out there - he has to know that, once proven false, park fans would be all over him on social media and could really hurt his day job. My only guess is that he misunderstood what he saw, and its really just some small project (being done by their small project in-house contractor) that he jumped to conclusions on.

Because they are a well known site that uses Disney to get clicks and make money. They don't care about truth, only click bait. They very often print inaccurate and false information. If challenged they will often double down. We could list pages of things they have said and done that are wrong. On social media they block everyone who offers a different answer, who tries to correct their mistakes. The owner is not a nice person.

They had a mole at Disney and one year basically ruined D23 announcements with leaks from their mole. Disney smoked them out, caught the website announcing the fake stories they were fed and were outed by Disney. Disney has NEVER responded to anything a site published and this time they did by calling the website "unscrupulous".

"A little birdie told us there are some rumors flying around about our beloved Tiki birds at Walt Disney World Resort. We’re sorry that our fans are being fed incorrect information by unscrupulous sources. While “toucan” play at that game, we deal in facts here at the Disney Parks Blog. Although we won’t address every rumor, we want to set the record straight: there are no plans for our feathered friends to fly the coop any time soon."

After that the said site turned hateful towards Disney. Strange position since you make money off of them but after that they were on constant attack. They are not a credible source, and now share no breaking news since their moles were taken care of. There is zero reason to trust the site.
Thanks for the info and input I will keep that in mind.

I believe about 80% of the forums can qualify as fan fiction. LOL

I would think the rumor starter realtor would not knowingly throw bogus info out there - he has to know that, once proven false, park fans would be all over him on social media and could really hurt his day job. My only guess is that he misunderstood what he saw, and its really just some small project (being done by their small project in-house contractor) that he jumped to conclusions on.
Is it possible and I don’t know the permit process in Orlando…that said permits were filed but like anything it take the government a week or so to update it to their systems? Again ignorance to construction permits.

"whether you can sneak into Epcot via a fire exit."
Yes you can :cool: but timing is everything.

Ahh you are a very generous person. Sadly I think way too many will falsely claim things knowing that it will go right by most or be brushed off and not hurt them in the least. In fact it will gain them followers and clicks and money .... they can always claim Disney changed their minds again.

Is it possible and I don’t know the permit process in Orlando…that said permits were filed but like anything it take the government a week or so to update it to their systems? Again ignorance to construction permits.

I would presume he got it from a public permit database, but I have not come across it in the ones that I know about. There is a chance that he has access to something that has not been made public yet.

So 2 new hotels and 0 new attractions (Bayou Mountain doesn't count), we should be hearing rumblings about Dinoland and Encanto-Coco-Villains? land being green lit, not more hotels. HS needs animation courtyard re-developed into attractions as well.

Parks are already saturated but let's increase the head count even more. Love the mentality there, they clearly have the guest experience as their number one priority.

They could theme it to Frozen or Remy (and have an onsite French restaurant). The Poly got a Moana makeover.

Parks are already saturated but let's increase the head count even more. Love the mentality there, they clearly have the guest experience as their number one priority.
I agree Disney needs to get moving on future enhancements to the parks. But this line of thinking has always rang false with me. It's not like more hotel rooms prompts additional people to decide to visit WDW. It's simply more lodging options for people who have already decided to go, ideally stealing business from off-site hotels.

I agree Disney needs to get moving on future enhancements to the parks. But this line of thinking has always rang false with me. It's not like more hotel rooms prompts additional people to decide to visit WDW. It's simply more lodging options for people who have already decided to go, ideally stealing business from off-site hotels.
To add to this, If, and its a big if, but if Disney is to increase capacity at the parks via new lands and rides, I would rather they add additional lodging first rather than the other way around.

I'm not sure how many units Poly and this new Epcot hotel are going to add, but the more onsite hotels that happen further dilute the "benefits" of staying on property.

To add to this, If, and its a big if, but if Disney is to increase capacity at the parks via new lands and rides, I would rather they add additional lodging first rather than the other way around.
Why would you prefer more lodging first over the attractions to absorb said capacity?

Why would you prefer more lodging first over the attractions to absorb said capacity?
I take it as what would I want, as neither option is great. Would I rather have additional capacity at the parks while more crowded lodging or vice versa, i would take the latter.

I do think that they need a replacement for Dinoland as well as other projects you mentioned to help with crowds and not make certain part of the parks feel like a wasteland. I just would rather they have the necessary infrastructure in place to satisfy the increase demand once those projects get announced.

Has no one noticed the three full and two "half" lands put in over the last decade or so?
  • New Fantasyland/Storybook Circus (2012)
  • The Pandoraverse (2017)
  • Toy Story (arguably a land, but let's just give them credit for 1/2) (2018)
  • Galaxy's Edge (2019)
  • The France mini-land expansion (2021)
And that's before Guardians (replacing Ellen's Energy Snoozefest), the ongoing spine re-make (converting the dead-as-a-doornail Innoventions East and West into spaces that people might actually use), and Tron.

Yes, the "spin cycle" is no longer there, but (a) it wasn't exactly "dearly" departed and (b) it was a pair of almost-off-the-shelf coasters dressed up. I happened to like Primeval Hurl (we used to purposefully unbalance the car to get maximum spin) but I wouldn't say I was in the majority. I don't expect that plot to remain empty for too much longer, as AK is probably the next up for Something Interesting. They've been trying to make AK a "three meal park" for a while now, and they haven't quite cracked the nut yet. I loved Rivers of Light, but (again) I was definitely not in the majority, as that wasn't the Special Sauce this park needed. It also seems like they've abandoned the after-sunset Safari idea; last I checked they weren't running it any longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter