Epcot Hotel Back On?

So you are saying there is a chance? Don't tease me.

I do think a hotel will have to go there at some point. It only makes sense. Whether now is the time is the big question.

Typically they promote the heck out of it before starting the project. No sight balloons(maybe balloons are taboo?). Previous history doesn't line up with it.
Wondering if it is more likely that it's infrastructure that makes sense to do now while future world is a construction zone, so that a hotel could be built there later.

There were rumors in the past that this was being planned. In 2018 this permit was filed which didn't explicitly mention a hotel but Area 1 was to be prepped for something. The second pond phase also would make sense if Area 1 was going to be developed. Pond A-Phase 1 was built, but Phase 2 and the clearing of Area 1 never happened.

1677600742240-png.701334

You notice how the Epcot monorail cruises through the park a bit before it stops at the entrance. What if they added a stop at the new hotel? You could ride from the Epcot hotel to the transfer center.
Cool idea, but I think it's too close to the epcot station to be practical. You'd just use the epcot station as is, using their security bubble.

So what would happen if it were DVC but members don't have APs or tickets? Would they not be allowed out of the hotel? And if it were just cash stays, would the stay include park tickets to Epcot or would cash guests without tickets be restricted from leaving the hotel too?

I say no more new hotels! What we need are more attractions!
It would be outside the park. Wouldn't change anything in regards to park entry. I think if anything it would allow you to connect the international gateway and main entrance via foot traffic.

There were rumors in the past that this was being planned. In 2018 this permit was filed which didn't explicitly mention a hotel but Area 1 was to be prepped for something. The second pond phase also would make sense if Area 1 was going to be developed. Pond A-Phase 1 was built, but Phase 2 and the clearing of Area 1 never happened.

1677600742240-png.701334
circle 13 and L403-140 and L403-130 would be a great location for lodging. Only thing that does seem like a quick/easy/perfect spot is that the road going under the water might be an issue relative to pedestrian traffic

1677600742240-png.701334

Looking at the size of its looks like another One per center galactic snarfus type hotel.
Maybe Captain EO’s and Hooters cosmic spaceship

So what would happen if it were DVC but members don't have APs or tickets? Would they not be allowed out of the hotel? And if it were just cash stays, would the stay include park tickets to Epcot or would cash guests without tickets be restricted from leaving the hotel too?

The problem is Disney can pre-sell part of the hotel as DVC - best of all worlds for them, new hotel paid for with other peoples money.
Wait...maybe they could do the same with rides - pre-sell 50 years of LL access, boom ride paid for. I know, don't give them any ideas.

The problem is Disney can pre-sell part of the hotel as DVC - best of all worlds for them, new hotel paid for with other peoples money.
Wait...maybe they could do the same with rides - pre-sell 50 years of LL access, boom ride paid for. I know, don't give them any ideas.
This Would mean they would have to bring back AP forever or nobody would buy there DVc

It still doesn't answer what would happen if the hotel were to be built inside Epcot. I'm guessing rack rate or points chart would be astronomical because park tickets would be baked into the price.

It still doesn't answer what would happen if the hotel were to be built inside Epcot. I'm guessing rack rate or points chart would be astronomical because park tickets would be baked into the price.

They would never build it inside with no external exit. They have hotels that are mostly within or just bordeirng parks, but you can enter and exit without entering the parks, and dedicated park entrances have ticket scanners and are the same as any other gate for park entry. If you don't have tickets, then you can't go that way.

Last edited:
And just last week another thread was about Disney closing down resorts.... It's been said Disney filed some permits for future construction recently because they wanted them filed before the state took over RCID. Not that the construction is necessarily going to happen. That reasoning could be a rumor, too!

Buckle up! 🙄

1) Consider the source :rolleyes:

2) Agree that there has been no sighting of these permits. If they truly exist then the unnamed website and their source should link them up.

3) Agree that the named construction likely would not be the one chosen.

4) Permits have an expiration date, and the rumor of getting them for your back pocket is silly.

So I explored this real estate person that the website named as their source. Funny, they have their own website full of articles about real estate, Disney, theme parks etc and yet they didn't do their own article about this breaking news. Since the unnamed website will spout anything true or not for clicks I imagine he saw a way to drive some real estate business his way by using them.

But of course it was said to be on his Tik Tok, so I looked. He claims the permits were filed on February 22nd. Well I searched from the 19th to the 24th and it's not there. He says Buena Vista Construction (with a backdrop of LBV Resort and Spa aka not Disney) but all those permits are for short term projects.

Sounds like a salesman trying to get clicks much like the website he is friends with.

But by all means prove me wrong and one of them cough up the permit.

The only thing that doesn't make me dismiss it outright is that he says the permit mentions details like a pool and recreation area. I don't think he is making this stuff up, so I am curious where he got that description. There were some rumors of this hotel floating around last year that ended up just being people reading more into permits then was there.
I wish the article had links to the permit. It makes me wholeheartedly skeptical otherwise

I'm assuming it would be like the Grand Californian in DCA. Hotel is advertised as part of park. But there is a separate entrance where guests will still need a ticket

100% agree with the bolded statement. Epcot is still very underbuilt in terms of number of attractions and the removal of a huge people eater ride like Ellen didn't help either.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt though, especially considering the source. They're not the most trustworthy and they're SUPER clickbait-y.

100% agree with the bolded statement. Epcot is still very underbuilt in terms of number of attractions and the removal of a huge people eater ride like Ellen didn't help either.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt though, especially considering the source. They're not the most trustworthy and they're SUPER clickbait-y.
Don’t y’all be bustin’ my dreams with logic!!! It’s like the state motto of SC…I’ve already made up my mind, don’t confuse me with the facts!!!😜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter