Epcot Hotel Back On?

I would think this will be a Deluxe resort, maybe a DVC wing. Having a direct access to Epcot will be very popular.

I would think this will be a Deluxe resort, maybe a DVC wing. Having a direct access to Epcot will be very popular.
I’ll be honest though I think the boardwalk area direct access is still better because you have access to everything around boardwalk plus world showcase.

This your basically trapped at the hotel with nothing else but Parking lot and it’s a far walk to showcase. Only thing you are sort of close to is space ship earth and maybe Guardians if there is a third entrance

Permits Reveal Disney May Be Moving Forward With New EPCOT Hotel
https://wdwnt.com/?p=877164

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Hopes?

I follow Disney permits very closely and have seen nothing. This originated from a Tik-Tok video that doesn't show the permit or mention what type if is. It also says the contractor is Disney internal construction company Buena Vista Construction which doesn't do large projects like this. I will remain skeptical until there is more details.

Could this be the answer to the now cancelled Reflections Resort?
The more I think it about, I don't think so. I think this has more to do with the Boardwalks relatively near contract length. Adding more lodging at Epcot, allows boardwalks contract to end and a portion of can be torn down, built a new then sold for DVC.
I think something else will go to the Reflections space.

I follow Disney permits very closely and have seen nothing. This originated from a Tik-Tok video that doesn't show the permit or mention what type if is. It also says the contractor is Disney internal construction company Buena Vista Construction which doesn't do large projects like this. I will remain skeptical until there is more details.
Hence why this is a rumors thread

Well, you sniffed out the skyliner. If you don't see it, I'm guessing it's much to do about nothing. Bummer.
Should have known it was more on the clickbait side of things.

Well, you sniffed out the skyliner. If you don't see it, I'm guessing it's much to do about nothing. Bummer.
Should have known it was more on the clickbait side of things.

The only thing that doesn't make me dismiss it outright is that he says the permit mentions details like a pool and recreation area. I don't think he is making this stuff up, so I am curious where he got that description. There were some rumors of this hotel floating around last year that ended up just being people reading more into permits then was there.

So you are saying there is a chance? Don't tease me.

I do think a hotel will have to go there at some point. It only makes sense. Whether now is the time is the big question.

Typically they promote the heck out of it before starting the project. No sight balloons(maybe balloons are taboo?). Previous history doesn't line up with it.
Wondering if it is more likely that it's infrastructure that makes sense to do now while future world is a construction zone, so that a hotel could be built there later.

So you are saying there is a chance? Don't tease me.

I do think a hotel will have to go there at some point. It only makes sense. Whether now is the time is the big question.

Typically they promote the heck out of it before starting the project. No sight balloons(maybe balloons are taboo?). Previous history doesn't line up with it.
Wondering if it is more likely that it's infrastructure that makes sense to do now while future world is a construction zone, so that a hotel could be built there later.
Maybe an announcement at D23? Start clearing land now and about that time frame be ready to pour concrete?

You notice how the Epcot monorail cruises through the park a bit before it stops at the entrance. What if they added a stop at the new hotel? You could ride from the Epcot hotel to the transfer center.

So what would happen if it were DVC but members don't have APs or tickets? Would they not be allowed out of the hotel? And if it were just cash stays, would the stay include park tickets to Epcot or would cash guests without tickets be restricted from leaving the hotel too?

I say no more new hotels! What we need are more attractions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter