Epcot help...FEA or TT FP+?

magicmountainmama

Mouseketeer
Both rides are a must do & my kids aren’t willing/old enough to do single rider for Test Track. I currently have a FP for Frozen, but the earliest time I could get is 5:05pm.
Better to RD Frozen & get a morning FP for TT so we can continue to use FPs all day, or RD Test Track & keep the Frozen FP which means no extra FP use throughout the day? We’ll probably be wrapping up the day around 6ish.
Thanks in advance!

We swapped a FP for Frozen for an earlier FP of Soarin' (I think) on our last trip and we just rope dropped it. I kind of regretted it because the lines for Soarin' that day never really got as long as the line for Frozen did. Plus, if we had kept the Frozen FP, even if we rope dropped it, we could have ridden it 2x which would not be possible otherwise. Also, there really weren't many good FPs left by the time we had used all of ours, so it really wasn't worth it to try and get a rolling 4th FP. I would keep the Frozen FP because even at rope drop, you'll probably have at least some wait.

Rope drop TT then Soarin. Add FP for SE and one other. You'll get everything done.

But keep checking for an earlier FEA (even the day you are there). Then you can add a 4th FP for something like Nemo...

I say keep frozen fp those are much harder to get and rope drop soarin then head straight to TT. This is how we have been doing it with maybe 20 min wait at the most

You can do them both without a FP+ if you're willing to be there at park open. Head straight for TT, ride it standby. Then go right to FEA and do the same. You should be able to do them both easily by 10am if the park opens at 9am. Then use FP+ for Soarin'.

Do Frozen Fast Pass. When I was there the first week of December, both Soarin and TT came up for same day fastpasses after we used the original 3. Never saw Frozen.

Keep your fast pass for Frozen. We walked over early (not rope drop) on two days the third week of December and it only had a 20 minute wait, however both times it was down. A fastpass can be used later if it is down, but if you stand in line for it and it goes down, you just have to try again later (with a much longer wait). It was even down for our guaranteed ride after our FEA dessert party. Luckily they gave us a fastpass to ride it another day, as it was one of the few rides we had never ridden at WDW.

We roped dropped FEA and fast passed TT... We came through the international gateway and that gave us about a 45 second head start. Many people were running but we kept up a good walking pace. Epcot officially opened at 9... even though they let everyone in a few minutes early...At 9:13 we were already off the ride and at 9:15 I was enjoying a Viking coffee..

We swapped a FP for Frozen for an earlier FP of Soarin' (I think) on our last trip and we just rope dropped it. I kind of regretted it because the lines for Soarin' that day never really got as long as the line for Frozen did. Plus, if we had kept the Frozen FP, even if we rope dropped it, we could have ridden it 2x which would not be possible otherwise. Also, there really weren't many good FPs left by the time we had used all of ours, so it really wasn't worth it to try and get a rolling 4th FP. I would keep the Frozen FP because even at rope drop, you'll probably have at least some wait.
We were able to enjoy soarin a few times on the last trip and line was never over 30 minutes... frozen and test track are usually neck in neck as far as wait times.

FP FEA just for the sake of not waiting in standby queue. It's cramped in there.

Our usual strategy is to rope drop TT and then run over and do Soarin' and save the FP for FEA.

Sorry to re-open this but I didn't want to open another thread for basically the same question. I just found out the day we are planning to visit Epcot it has emh from 8-9am so I'm going to cancel our 8:30 garden grill reservation because we would rather get some rides in.

General consensus seems to be book the FEA FP and we should go straight to TT. From there is it better to go to soarin' and come back to do mission space or should we do it vice versa? Is it worth it to get a fp for mission space if we're going during emh? Hoping to get these 4 rides done before 11 so we can take our time for everything else that day.

I can't tell you about EMH, we stay offsite so we don't participate. But if you're going to be there for the start of park hours opening (in this case, EMH), then I wouldn't get a FP+ for FEA or TT. Here's what I'd suggest...and we've done this before several times...

At rope drop, head straight to TT. Since FEA is close by, relatively speaking, when you get off TT, head straight over there. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. :D After that, ride Soarin' via FP+. Mission Space would sort of be up to you from there. You could ride it between FEA and your Soarin' FP+ if the standby line is still short (it often is). Or, you could just ride it using a second FP+.

When we've done this, for a 9am park open (we don't show up before the gates open, just at 9am sharp...or a few minutes after), we're done TT, FEA, Soarin' by 10:30am, easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter