[Epcot FP] Frozen Ever After or Test Track? If we wanna do both?

molangtsum

Earning My Ears
I am deciding between Frozen Ever After and Test Track for Epcot FP...

I saw that Frozen FP are always unavailable on that day but the wait times for Test Track seems longer than Frozen's.....

Which should be a higher priority if we wanna do both?

Appreciate any advice!!

-- First-time WDW goer

Oh, if FEA is a must do for you, i would absolutely say FP that one. It is super hard to get, though not as impossible as it used to be, and there are never any to get later as a 4th FP. However, TT is not difficult to get day of, and its also much easier to ride at rope drop if that is something your family is interested in. We are not early risers, so when we ride TT or even Everest without a FP, we always go single rider. All our kids who are tall enough to ride are old enough to ride the ride without us if that cuts an hour off our wait time. You always get to wait in the line with your family members, its only the couple of minute ride where you may be separated, and that sacrifice is worth it to us. Its almost like having another FP because the single rider lines are always so short and they move so fast. Especially on TT because there always seems to be a need to fill one or two seats in a car. You may even be able to ride with your family member in the same car but different rows, we have done that before with DD, and the car had 2 couples in it already. Either of those riding strategies should give you TT with virtually no wait and also leave open that tier 1 FP for FEA.

Oh, if FEA is a must do for you, i would absolutely say FP that one. It is super hard to get, though not as impossible as it used to be, and there are never any to get later as a 4th FP. However, TT is not difficult to get day of, and its also much easier to ride at rope drop if that is something your family is interested in. We are not early risers, so when we ride TT or even Everest without a FP, we always go single rider. All our kids who are tall enough to ride are old enough to ride the ride without us if that cuts an hour off our wait time. You always get to wait in the line with your family members, its only the couple of minute ride where you may be separated, and that sacrifice is worth it to us. Its almost like having another FP because the single rider lines are always so short and they move so fast. Especially on TT because there always seems to be a need to fill one or two seats in a car. You may even be able to ride with your family member in the same car but different rows, we have done that before with DD, and the car had 2 couples in it already. Either of those riding strategies should give you TT with virtually no wait and also leave open that tier 1 FP for FEA.

Thank you so much for your advice!!

I would really consider single rider for TT, cos we already planned to do rope drop for Soarin.... otherwise we have to detour from TT to soarin, which seems like more workout, cos there are elderly in our group..

Not too sure if walking more (RD for TT first, then queue for Soarin) is more work, or (RD for Soarin, then queue for TT) is more tiring...

Thank you so much for your advice!!

I would really consider single rider for TT, cos we already planned to do rope drop for Soarin.... otherwise we have to detour from TT to soarin, which seems like more workout, cos there are elderly in our group..

Not too sure if walking more (RD for TT first, then queue for Soarin) is more work, or (RD for Soarin, then queue for TT) is more tiring...

Well personally I would do RD for Soarin because there is no single rider and so no way to circumvent the queue. Plus, since you can use single rider all day long, theres no rush to run from one to another. I mean, i probably wouldn't try to do it at 2pm when crowds are worst, because the wait will be longer then but still nowhere near where standby will. Single rider will still easily be short an hour after RD, so you and the elderly people in your party can take your time and still not wait so long, and then you've ridden or FP all the main headliners in the park within the first hour. You'd be set for the day at that point!

Well personally I would do RD for Soarin because there is no single rider and so no way to circumvent the queue. Plus, since you can use single rider all day long, theres no rush to run from one to another. I mean, i probably wouldn't try to do it at 2pm when crowds are worst, because the wait will be longer then but still nowhere near where standby will. Single rider will still easily be short an hour after RD, so you and the elderly people in your party can take your time and still not wait so long, and then you've ridden or FP all the main headliners in the park within the first hour. You'd be set for the day at that point!

Thank you so so much!! I will do just that!!

One thing to keep in mind is that TT is a bit of a breakdown machine. Chances that it may be down when you want to ride are not insignificant, and then lines can build (both FP and standby, though the latter is obviously worse) for awhile after it reopens. If you are OK with single rider, it won't matter much. But if you want to ride together, I find that the best strategy is to RD FEA, then go to Soarin' (where the extra theater means it takes longer in the AM for lines to build), and FP TT for the AM so it will at least convert to an anytime if it is down.

If you want to hit the "big three" in Epcot and you can make it for rope drop, it's easy.... Two options.

Rope drop Test Track. Then walk quickly to FEA. Then use FP+ for Soarin'

Rope drop Soarin'. Then walk quickly to FEA. Then use FP+ for TT

Personally, I like the first option much better. It's a bit less hurried walking. If you get to TT right at 9am, when you get off, the line for FEA will still be very reasonable...and it's a very short walk. From there, you can take your time in walking over to Soarin', as you have a FP+. FEA to Soarin' is a pretty long walk, so it's nice to not have to rush.

I would RD Soarin, single ride TT and FP+ FEA.

We are entering from IG and FEA isn't a top priority for us so we will FP either Soarin or TT and ride FEA at RD or close to park close.

I am deciding between Frozen Ever After and Test Track for Epcot FP...

I saw that Frozen FP are always unavailable on that day but the wait times for Test Track seems longer than Frozen's.....

Which should be a higher priority if we wanna do both?

Appreciate any advice!!

-- First-time WDW goer

I think part of this depends on your family’s interests. Mine has been on FEA but felt that it was kind of boring (which i dont want this post to be all complaints about Frozen so i won’t go into it) so to us test track is a higher priority as we find that ride more enjoyable to us. But if you have never done FEA before and really want to see it or have kids who love the movie and things like that then FEA might be the better option for you.

We used the FP for FEA. Were able to get a 4th FP for TT in the afternoon with no problem. Never did see a same day pop up for FEA.

I can also vouch for 4th FP availability at test track--we did this even at Christmas week no problems. Seems like a much easier fastpass to get that Frozen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter