Epcot - FP for Soarin' or Test Track?

Bebella

Mouseketeer
Epcot question - should we head right to Soarin' or Test Track after rope drop? We have to do rider switch since our youngest isn't tall enough. We currently have a Soarin' FP for 9:45am ...considering dropping it and getting one for Test Track (some early afternoon ones available) instead and heading right to Soarin' and riding standby. Or I could keep the Soarin' FP and head right to TT. What would you do?

We prefer to FP Test Track as the line often seems a bit longer than Soarin' now that Soarin' has the 3rd theatre. Either way, if you arrive at RD and head to the one you don't have a FP for the wait should be manageable.

We’ve opted to FP TT because it goes down more than most rides, so if you RD it there’s a chance it won’t be open. With a FP it just becomes an anytime FP if it’s down during your window.

OTOH, some people prefer to do it right away because if it goes down later in the day that can also mess with your plans, since you might have to backtrack or rearrange things to get to it when it’s running.

Same here we always do the FastPass for Test Track and standby for Soarin. We try to get an early FP for TT then go to Mission Space and then to Soarin. Doing this the wait really isn't to bad and by then the girls want breakfast anyways.

I agree with the others, get a FP for TT and then just head to Soarin' at RD. Even mid-morning, Soarin waits were only at 30ish minutes when we were there last April (and would get long but then shorter again).

Keep it the way you have it. If you're rope dropping, go right to TT. No need to use a FP+ for it. You can also pick one up as a 4th if you decide to do it later.

With the addition of the 3rd Theater Soarin is no longer a must for FP. Go for Test track!

We prefer to either rope drop TT, do single rider, or just try to find a fp later in the day. I hate the “creating your car” part because it’s so time consuming and fp doesn’t let you bypass that part (single rider does). And like others have said, it goes down so often so sometimes it’s nice to get it out of the way early. We almost always fp Soarin, but on the flip side, it’s nice to get that anytime fp when TT breaks down :thumbsup2

Last edited:
The chances of getting a FP+ for Soarin after you've used your initial allotment is greater than it is for Test Track. So if Frozen is important to you, I'd RD that and get your tier 1 FP+ for Test Track. Once you've used up your initial 3, use the grab and modify method to search for Soarin. There might be a long span of time between your 3rd and 4th FP+, but it's worth it IMO.

The chances of getting a FP+ for Soarin after you've used your initial allotment is greater than it is for Test Track. So if Frozen is important to you, I'd RD that and get your tier 1 FP+ for Test Track. Once you've used up your initial 3, use the grab and modify method to search for Soarin. There might be a long span of time between your 3rd and 4th FP+, but it's worth it IMO.

Completely agree with this. TT is very hard to snag day of and seems to go down more frequently too. I usually see Soarin’ available later in the day (day of).

I personally prefer the FP for TT. It is more likely to break down and if it does, then that FP becomes an anytime FP. Better that than to be out of luck because you simply did rope drop and now the ride is down. :guilty:

This was the theory I went with when booking our FP for our February trip. Got the idea from Touring Plans. They posted a video on YouTube showing which routes at Epcot rope drop get you on the 3 biggest rides the fastest. Whether starting from the main entrance or the IG make a difference.

RP Soarin, and FP TT. If TT is down, you win and get an anytime FP. If its up, you still win.

Heads up that it looks like the third theater at Soarin opened at about 8:30 this morning. I was watching wait times and they dropped from 40 mins to 15. If you're planning to RD either TT or FEA and then hit Soarin don't be discouraged if you see the waits climb pretty high in that first half hour. In my experience there is a significant drop when the third theater opens if you're going at a slower time when they're managing capacity.

Ok so if we have a ppi breakfast res at garden grill and want to do TT, FEA and Soaring
What order? Based on where we are coming from?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter