• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT for a day - which restaurant for dinner?

Surgie

Mouseketeer
We are three adults making a day trip from Tampa to Orlando for a day in February just to visit EPCOT. We'd like to eat dinner at a nice restaurant that is doable - we are just getting a one-day EPCOT pass. I think we may have eaten at California Grill several years ago and enjoyed it so that would be fine, but not sure on the logistics of getting there from EPCOT and back to car for the drive back to Tampa at the end of the day.

California Grill is a great choice and it was recently "re-imagined" and re-opened in early Sept 2014. The style of cuisine remains the same, but I'm sure there are probably some changes to the menu. The best way to get there is to take the monorail from Epcot to TTC and then take resort monorail to Contemporary. I would allow about an hour for travel time, since you have to change monorails at the TTC. But if you don't want to deal with the travel, I would recommend you try Flying Fish over at the Boardwalk. You would simply exit Epcot at the International Gateway (in World Showcase) and either walk (about 5-10 minute walk from the International Gateway) or take the boat to the Boardwalk.

If you're looking to stay in the park for dinner, Restaurant Marrakesh has very good food and interesting Moroccan wines.

I really like the restaurants in the Swan and Dolphin, which are an easy walk from the Epcot International Gateway. Shula's has absolutely the best steak I have ever had in my life! Bluezoo and Il Mulino are also quite good.

If you are only buying a one day ticket it makes more sense to take advantage of eating in one of the countries. Just figure out what kind of atmosphere you are looking for and go from there. Some of the countries have more a more loud and lively atmosphere while others are quieter. Glance over the menus and see what seems appetizing to your group!

I would say Le Cellier or Biergarten depending on the type of food you're looking for and atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter