Epcot Food & Wine Festival on a Saturday

jer262

Earning My Ears
Hi all—I am going to Disney wit a group of adults at the end of September. We are excited about enjoying food and drinks a “around the world” at the festival, but due to the way the schedule is working out it looks like the best day to do that is on a Saturday.

Will the crowds be absolutely torturous on a Saturday at the Fokd and Wine Festival? Has anyone gone on a weekend and find that the crowds were manageable?

We went during the day on a Saturday last year and it was horrible. We were just there to get pressed pennies from the countries but we could barely walk anywhere because it was so crowded. We were there at the end of October though so that could make a difference.

The weekends are by far the most crowded days but if you start your journey right at 11am it can be manageable.
If we have to go on a weekend we start at 11am and basically finish our touring around 3pm and leave before it gets seriously crowded

The weekends are by far the most crowded days but if you start your journey right at 11am it can be manageable.
If we have to go on a weekend we start at 11am and basically finish our touring around 3pm and leave before it gets seriously crowded

This. If you start right at 11, the first half of your walk around the world won’t be too bad. The second half will start to get relatively crowded, but if you finish by 3 you should avoid the madness.

We tried F&W on a Saturday.

Started at 11 and thought we’d beat the crowds.

Nope. We packed it in by 130.

We usually go to F&W during a weekday, and after that experience will continue to do so.

Expect it to be terrible and anything less is a bonus.
Last fall we arrived on Saturday afternoon. Since we have APs, we thought we'd walk over and look around. Big mistake.

I've gone on a Saturday multiple times. Don't skip it if that's your only day. Get there early - world showcase officially opens at 11, but I've seen booths open at 10:30 many times. Don't forget that when something opens at 11, you don't get there at 11. If possible, I would book the Parisian Breakfast (because it's awesome) and then when it ends (around 10-10:30) you'll be in the back of the world showcase and first in line for the booths back there. Or, get to the international gateway around 10am and enter on that side. Skip the heat of the day. Once it starts to get really crowded (around 2-3pm) leave (I suggest going back to the pool haha) and come back that evening for fireworks and another chance at the booths. Also, split your group up. It's a colossal waste of time for all of you to wait in the same line. We send each person to a different booth and meet back up to share and try everything. Sometimes that means finding the last person who's still in line and sharing with them. Rinse and repeat! People complain about portion size vs price but honestly I can only eat 2-3 things by myself before I'm completely stuffed. Sharing with a group of 4 or so means you get to try a lot more things! To balance $$$ with this I suggest everyone gets one of the little gift cards they sell. You all put $50 or whatever on them, and that way you all spend the same amount of money and you don't have to worry about one person getting the short stick or having to do the math in the parks to keep track. It's really not a big deal to go on Saturday if you're early and accept that it's going to be crowded. I'm a passholder and I've been going in September/October on weekends (even Columbus Day weekend) since 2014. The lines usually move really fast and if you split your group up you'll still have 4-8 things to try pretty easily.

My advice for tackling F&W on a Saturday? Don't.

Agree with this. We tried on a Saturday once. We didn't have plans to do F&W, but we had done FW in the morning and thought, "let's just pop in and get some lunch." It was pouring rain so we thought maybe it would be OK to pop in and out. Uh, wrong. Packed with tons of groups wearing matching drinking around the world shirts in ponchos, long lines at the booths. We walked in and immediately turned right around and walked out. Went back to the hotel for lunch. Again, this was early afternoon in the pouring rain.

PS. No judgement on the drinking around the world. I personally love it. Just making the point about the crowds early in the day, rain or not.

agree with pp. If Saturday is the only day that works for you, go and plan for it.
Get there as early as possible and take time out when it gets really crowded.
When you go back in the evening it will still be very crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter