EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

So, Can you transfer Disney Gift Card $$ (the one's from Target) TO one of the F&W wrist band GCs once you use up the original value of the F&W GC wrist band? I can see the benefit of NOT having to key in your PIN when using the Magic Band.

Theoretically yes, but my f&w gift card doesn't "play nice" with my target Disney gift cards. (Won't combine on the new Disney gift card website - it says they are not eligible to be combined) I am contemplating taking a hole punch to my "master" target Disney gc and stringing it onto the existing bungee...:p

Theoretically yes, but my f&w gift card doesn't "play nice" with my target Disney gift cards. (Won't combine on the new Disney gift card website - it says they are not eligible to be combined) I am contemplating taking a hole punch to my "master" target Disney gc and stringing it onto the existing bungee...:p
I was thinking of doing the same thing!!!

I was thinking of doing the same thing!!!

Great minds!

Slightly off topic but I just noticed last year's f&w card is attached to the bungee with a small one of those binder rings. The possibilities are endless... It would be even easier than I thought to just substitute in a new gift card onto the bungee. :)

So does anyone have any not-to-miss-food or drink items in Epcot that aren't a part of F&W? I've been told to stop by La Cava Del Tequila for a margarita. Just looking at quick items not TS type meals. Obviously we'll be doing most of our eating at the festival but I don't want to miss out if there's anything extra special I should check out in the parks normal offerings!

Although most people recommend Cava's margaritas, I like the frozen Fiesta Margaritas at the outdoor Margarita stand in Mexico. I also like the Tokyo Sunset at the outdoor Sake Bar in Japan.

Oh yum!! We'll definitely be checking some of those outside F&W treats out! I've heard tell of the Grey Goose Slushies, they're definitely on the list now. I didn't know about the Norway bakery & that French bakery sounds amazing. There aren't enough hours in the day for all this!

Great minds!

Slightly off topic but I just noticed last year's f&w card is attached to the bungee with a small one of those binder rings. The possibilities are endless... It would be even easier than I thought to just substitute in a new gift card onto the bungee. :)

So......we haven't been to Food and Wine Festival before...when using the gift cards at the booths, how is the scanning done? I mean, so they take the whole card and run it thru a machine like an ATM or do they use a wand scanner and just scan the barcode on the back? Trying to see if I can decorate the front of the gift card...

So......we haven't been to Food and Wine Festival before...when using the gift cards at the booths, how is the scanning done? I mean, so they take the whole card and run it thru a machine like an ATM or do they use a wand scanner and just scan the barcode on the back? Trying to see if I can decorate the front of the gift card...

I would not swear to it but I am 99% certain that I remember they take it from you and swipe it through like a credit card slot on their ordering terminal. You could always try it with one and if it doesn't work out, combine over the funds on that card to a "back up" on the website.

We have purchased tickets to the Party for the Senses on Oct 3rd. If we want take advantage of the reserved seating at the Eat to the Beat concert before the party do we just show up and they have our name on a list or do we have to pick up tickets somewhere for this??

I believe you have to check in at the World Showcase and get your PFTS credential or something to take advantage of the reserved seating.

Per the first post...please let's keep this thread for discussion of the Food and Wine festival only, so no off-topic discussion of items you can get anytime outside the festival.

Last year they had a hand-held scanner for the gift cards so they didn't have to be swiped.

the Festival wristband cards are themed, so they are already decorated...not sure how one would decorate them further. They are not full sized gift cards - they are smaller.

Yes, you have to check in at the World Showplace. I think you get a wristband. Different wristbands for each PFTS seating level.

I may have missed this, but.... a poster on the Disney Food Blog claims that you can now book the seminars that go with the Premium Package. Good Luck!

I may have missed this, but.... a poster on the Disney Food Blog claims that you can now book the seminars that go with the Premium Package. Good Luck!

I am on the phone now and the deminars cannot be booked currently. The CM checked with her manager on this as well. They do not have an ETA.

I am on the phone now and the deminars cannot be booked currently. The CM checked with her manager on this as well. They do not have an ETA.

So once again it's "one person can" and "one person can't" LOL! (I really don't think the poster on DFB was making it up, they also cancelled her paid reservation for the same seminar)

So once again it's "one person can" and "one person can't" LOL! (I really don't think the poster on DFB was making it up, they also cancelled her paid reservation for the same seminar)

**sigh** agreed - I have no doubt that she was able to book. The lack of consistency is ridiculous. I was at least able to reconfirm that my dessert party is on the Monday of my week - so 3 out 4 cast members are consistent on that one.

I would not swear to it but I am 99% certain that I remember they take it from you and swipe it through like a credit card slot on their ordering terminal. You could always try it with one and if it doesn't work out, combine over the funds on that card to a "back up" on the website.

it depends on the gift card if it is one that has a magnetic strip then it has to be run through the machine if it is one with a bar code it gets scanned

last year was the first year the F&W gift cards had bar codes

So does anyone have any not-to-miss-food or drink items in Epcot that aren't a part of F&W? I've been told to stop by La Cava Del Tequila for a margarita. Just looking at quick items not TS type meals. Obviously we'll be doing most of our eating at the festival but I don't want to miss out if there's anything extra special I should check out in the parks normal offerings!
These are part of F&W, in the recent Disney Visa magazine, page 13, "Celebrate 20 Years of Great Tastes at F&W" there was mention about apple strudel, and Lamington(yellow cake dipped in chocolate and coconut)...CAN'T WAIT to try both!:hyper: Yum!:dance3:

Some Info on the: Epcot Food and Wine Festival Tasting Sampler
You have to call the festival number to book the Sampler.
You will pick up your packet starting at 9 am the DAY OF at the festival center in futureworld(cannot be picked up in advance).
Price was 62.85 with tax.
The 8 credits must be used for the day purchased-No carryovers. A list of exclusions will be listed when you pick up your package.
I could not get a straight answer on how the credits would work as far as, would it be on a card, paper vouchers.....

I believe the word "deminar" was actually coined on this thread. Years ago. Not by me.
So now Disney is using it... it really is easier than typing "demonstrations and seminars"

Just got a call from someone with Disney. He booked my culinary demonstration that was part of my Premium Package reservation. He only gave me the option of booking a 2 p.m. beverage or the 5 p.m. culinary demo. He said it had to be Monday through Thursday of that week. Also, he confirmed (if you want to call it that) that my Dessert party would be the date of my existing reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter