EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

This may be a stupid question, but are credit cards and cash not accepted at the kiosks? Is it just Magic Bands and gift cards?
You can pay credit card, cash, etc. i had issues with gift cards from target last year but hopefully that was a fluke.

This may be a stupid question, but are credit cards and cash not accepted at the kiosks? Is it just Magic Bands and gift cards?

Oh, no Disney will gladly take your money in any form. I just think the gift card is easiest they make a small one for Food and Wine and it comes with a band so you can wear it on your wrist. I think it is particularly easy especially if you get food at one Kiosk and a drink at another you don't have to worry about balancing your food to get your money or credit card out and you don't have to worry about putting a pin in the machine for the magic band.

Clarification, are the regular MagicBands able to be used to charge food & drinks at the F&W kiosks for the F&W Festival? Or are we still better off loading a GC and using that?
Confused because if purchases in general can be charged using your MagicBand and if you do the Dining plan QS credits can be used/taken from the MagicBands (we are NOT doing the Dining Plan, but saw this mentioned), then why would we need another easy method (gc) to purchase items at Food and wine - MagicBands are on the wrist, just like the F&W gift card wristband.

Only thing I can think of is if the kiosks are not setup for the RFID read.

First time to F&W and super excited, but my waistband won't be, luckily swimsuit season will be over.

Thanks for your help.
If you have a room package linked to your magic band then u can just use your magic band for purchase at f&w. Buying a giftcard is a good idea if you are staying off property so u don't have to pull out your wallet all the time. I stayed on property last time but bought the giftcard just for a souvenir.

So have they released the card for pre-purchase yet or will we have to wait and pick it up at the Festival Center?

I don't recall the special festival gift card ever being available for purchase prior to the opening of the festival, so I don't think there is any pre-purchase ability for that particular card.

The first post has a list of every method you can use to pay at the Festival kiosks.

You can save your wrist band gift card once you've used up the balance to reuse on another trip for convenience, keep it as a souvenir & to keep it out of the landfills. It can be reloaded.

You can save your wrist band gift card once you've used up the balance to reuse on another trip for convenience, keep it as a souvenir & to keep it out of the landfills. It can be reloaded.
We've still got balances on our 2 F&W wristband GCs from last year (we used DDP snack credits first). No DDP this year so we'll start F&W PP with last year's GCs and probably reload them. But then ... we could transfer the GC balances to 2015 F&W GCs, and all of our F&W PP items will "match." Decisions, decisions.

So does anyone have any not-to-miss-food or drink items in Epcot that aren't a part of F&W? I've been told to stop by La Cava Del Tequila for a margarita. Just looking at quick items not TS type meals. Obviously we'll be doing most of our eating at the festival but I don't want to miss out if there's anything extra special I should check out in the parks normal offerings!

So does anyone have any not-to-miss-food or drink items in Epcot that aren't a part of F&W? I've been told to stop by La Cava Del Tequila for a margarita. Just looking at quick items not TS type meals. Obviously we'll be doing most of our eating at the festival but I don't want to miss out if there's anything extra special I should check out in the parks normal offerings!

The bakery in France and the Slushies w/ Grand Marnier or Grey Goose Vodka.

We never miss the Grey Goose slushie in France!

We like to mix it up as well. Disney does desserts really well, and I recommend the sweets at the Norway Kringla bakery and sunshine seasons in the land for dessert pit stops. The canada beer cart cannot be beat for a real "adult-sized" beer (the f&w pours are something silly like 4 or 6 oz depending on whether it's a flight). American pavilion's quick service also usually has at least one decent beer choice in a large draft. It's not gourmet by any means, but we also like to stop for chips and guacamole at the Mexican quick service. The outdoor seating there is very lovely! Oh and back to sweets... I think the croissant donuts are a permanent fixture at the refreshment port (conveniently located near the Canada beer cart if you're so inclined).

I like the school bread in norway, nummy. and they have these crepe things with chocolate inside, and rice creams.... Now i'm hungry....

As mentioned above, the Cronut at the Refreshment Port is wonderful.

The Lefse and the School Bread at Norway's Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe are both very, very good.

The seasonal Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich at L'Artisan des Glaces in France is excellent.

There is a Chocolate Covered (Salted?) Caramel at the Werther's Shop in Germany that is tasty. But it can be hard so watch your teeth.

As PP mentioned, the margaritas at La Cava are exceptional. I love the Avocado Margarita.

We have purchased tickets to the Party for the Senses on Oct 3rd. If we want take advantage of the reserved seating at the Eat to the Beat concert before the party do we just show up and they have our name on a list or do we have to pick up tickets somewhere for this??

We've still got balances on our 2 F&W wristband GCs from last year (we used DDP snack credits first). No DDP this year so we'll start F&W PP with last year's GCs and probably reload them. But then ... we could transfer the GC balances to 2015 F&W GCs, and all of our F&W PP items will "match." Decisions, decisions.
So, Can you transfer Disney Gift Card $$ (the one's from Target) TO one of the F&W wrist band GCs once you use up the original value of the F&W GC wrist band? I can see the benefit of NOT having to key in your PIN when using the Magic Band.

Lots of favorites........In Germany, Dark Choc Caramel with Sea Salt, France's Grey Goose Slushie, Fish at UK stand, France bakery (anything)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter