• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

I just booked the premium pkg and was told I couldn't book the demonstration until I got to Epcot but I was able to book the Dessert Party for the Wed nite that week.

I just called and was told they could not confirm my Dessert party date, could not book a deminar, and to call back daily until they can confirm the dessert party date and arrange the deminar.

What a mess all of this is! I didn't book the PP but I did book one culinary demo and one beverage demo last thursday night. It seems to me that the better demos will be booked up by people who DIDN'T purchase the PP, leaving the folks who paid the big bucks to choose from the leftovers? How does this happen?

What a mess all of this is! I didn't book the PP but I did book one culinary demo and one beverage demo last thursday night. It seems to me that the better demos will be booked up by people who DIDN'T purchase the PP, leaving the folks who paid the big bucks to choose from the leftovers? How does this happen?

Because the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and they all blame it on a computer glitch.

I thought I would tell you my experience. I called tonight to book the premium package. I was able to book it and my ISDP for October 1. We already had some deminars booked. They allowed me to cancel one deminar per person in my party since these details came out after I booked. I was told that you CANNOT send the swag bags to guest services. I was told that you could get a locker (which seems ridiculous to me) or carry it out. Each person in the party has to come to get their bag. Also, Lori (the super nice CM who helped me) said that they are not booking the deminars right now. There are issues with booking it right now. Before I could ask if it is the same deminars or not and what happens if one is sold out, my phone dropped the call. I guess I will be calling back to find out more about that.

I did check my MDE and my package is already showing on the night I chose the ISDP for. I think that is everything I found out. Hopefully, someone finds something out about the deminars!

Emphasis mine.

Wow they're really creating more and more ways to make this package less magical.

I understand not restricting it to resort guests means they can't deliver everyone's bags. But if you have a resort reservation, and provide the info in advance, I really don't understand why they can't deliver the bags to those guests' rooms.

Between no gift card, no after hours party (the ISDP doesn't interest me as much) no chocolate and having to carry a bag with a fragile glass and bottle of wine around all day, they're really making it unattractive to me. And renting a locker will not happen.

I'm almost sorry I didn't book the Premium Package now. Once they figure out how badly they've blundered with this whole mess they're either going to let a lot of guests cancel or they're going to be giving all sorts of things to make everyone have a 'magical' experience.

I'm almost sorry I didn't book the Premium Package now. Once they figure out how badly they've blundered with this whole mess they're either going to let a lot of guests cancel or they're going to be giving all sorts of things to make everyone have a 'magical' experience.

The thing that kills me about this is how this is year two that it was majorly "blundered.". People have been able to book this thing for days, with no info, then it was finally posted on the Disney website days later, and people are still getting conflicting info?

Person 1: I booked my dessert party date
Person 2: I was told I can't book my dessert party yet.

Person 1: I booked my deminar
Person 2: I was told I can't book the deminar yet

I am just amazed. I really don't understand why they let people book this before these details were ironed out. It could have been released a week or two after the other reservations opened, after the details were worked out. Or here's an idea: Start working the details out a couple weeks earlier so it's ready to go when open booking happens. It's not like they didn't know the dates of F&W in advance.

Last edited:
I understand not restricting it to resort guests means they can't deliver everyone's bags. But if you have a resort reservation, and provide the info in advance, I really don't understand why they can't deliver the bags to those guests' rooms.

At the least the bags should be available at the guest resort's package pick-up location. If you can get gifts sent back to your resort as an on-site perk, why the heck can't they manage to make the PP bags available via the same method?

Because the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and they all blame it on a computer glitch.
No I think it happens because people just are desperate to throw money at Disney without knowing what they're getting. Disney knows you're going to pay regardless so they don't feel a motive to get it right.

Actually I don't think that's true I think there going to be a lot of upset people and Disney's not going to be able to make this magical for them What are they going to do? Throw me out of my seminar for the Premier Package guests? Unlikely!

Last edited:
No I think it happens because people just are desperate to throw money at Disney without knowing what they're getting. Disney knows you're going to pay regardless so Theydon't feel A motive to get it right.

Desperate to throw money at Disney? Not at all. Your assumptions are incorrect.

When I called on 7/30, I was given the information that is now coming out for the PP. She read it all to me, including the ISDP (yes, ISDP, not Late Night Live, from last year) and the deminar choice, the gift bag and its inclusions, the seating area credential and the 4 entitlements for purchasing items. It hasn't changed one bit, from what she read me. She was even able to book the deminar for me (that ressie no longer exists, because she couldn't finish booking the entire package, as Disney pulled it, just as she was finalizing the details) I knew what I was trying to book and what was included. No desperation, here.

The confusion, here on DISboards, was the same, last year. Disney was pretty clear on what was included with last year's package, but some people overthought the process, deciding that the per person price didn't include all of the entitlements per person, etc. Of course, it did include ever aspect of the package for each person that purchased it. Disney never said it didn't. I suspect that I will receive everything that was originally read to me by the CM, from the beginning. Deja vu, anyone?

Last edited:
I also agree that I knew what I was purchasing. My frustration comes from not being able to book the deminar I want now to make sure that we get it. I am worried about it selling out.

When I called on 7/30, I was given the information that is now coming out for the PP. She read it all to me, including the ISDP (yes, ISDP, not Late Night Live, from last year) and the deminar choice, the gift bag and its inclusions, the seating area credential and the 4 entitlements for purchasing items. It hasn't changed one bit, from what she read me. She was even able to book the deminar for me (that ressie no longer exists, because she couldn't finish booking the entire package, as Disney pulled it, just as she was finalizing the details) I knew what I was trying to book and what was included. No desperation, here.

The confusion, here on DISboards, was the same, last year. Disney was pretty clear on what was included with last year's package, but some people overthought the process, deciding that the per person price didn't include all of the entitlements per person, etc. Of course, it did include ever aspect of the package for each person that purchased it. Disney never said it didn't. I suspect that I will receive everything that was originally read to me by the CM, from the beginning. Deja vu, anyone?

Did you see how many people booked before they knew what it included? There are LOTS of posters on here and other places who booked with absolutely no information on day one LOL!

There are posters who were told it included a "Late Night Live" event.

There are posters who were told it included a seminar or Desert Party.

There are posters who were told it did not include a Desert Party, only a seminar

And so on... Until you see it in writing you honestly had NO real idea if the story YOU got was correct.

And even once they published people are still giving Disney money without knowing what seminar or even what desert party..

Sorry, but as long as we throw money at Disney I don't think they are real incentivized to improve the process. (And yes, I gave them money for things that weren't fully defined too)

My issue is not that I am confused about the package but that I cannot book the entitlement - ie the deminar - which is included. My other issue is that when I attempted to confirm the information on Disney's site regarding the dessert party - when I first booked on 7/30, the CM did not tell me anything about the dessert package. When I called back to clarify, I was given information which was in direct conflict with what the website said:
Me: "I wanted to confirm what your website states. My package is booked for Monday November 9th. That means my dessert party is scheduled for that night, correct?"
CM1: "No, you need to call book and pick a night."
CM2 (next phone call): "Your dessert party cannot be booked or confirmed at this time. Please call back every day until a cast member can book it."
CM3 (next phone call): "Your dessert party is the night that your package is booked for."

Although I agree that the entitlements appear to be what is promised by Disney, most of the frustration I see here on the Disboards is inability to book and the conflicting information. By the time they get this fixed, the deminar I want may not even be available which is hugely frustrating to me. I realize with my DVC discount I could pay 13$ for a ticket and would do that if it was super important to me: at this point it is the principle of the thing.

No I think it happens because people just are desperate to throw money at Disney without knowing what they're getting. Disney knows you're going to pay regardless so they don't feel a motive to get it right.

I totally agree with this statement: everyone (myself included) has paid for this package when details were not clarified upfront and when the IT department did not have the CMs ready to go. We wanted to book the premium package for the food runners, the separate areas, the magic bands, etc. The dessert party and extra deminar are not things that would have made me purchase or not purchase this package. Now though that I have been promised them, I have an expectation of being able to book them. But why should Disney care? they already have my money.

For what it's worth, I also received confirmation from a CM that you can use a QS credit to purchase 3 snack items at any location that accepts snack credits (including F&W marketplaces!) as long as you specify that you are using a QS credit for the 3 snacks and purchase them in one transaction.
That's good to hear. I know it's likely not a great use of credits, but we're likely to have QS meals left over and be short on snacks, due to F&W, so it's better than not using them at all. If we were able to use them at the booths that would be a bonus--again, probably not a great use of credits unless you can exchange them for 3 filets at the Canada booth or something lol, but that to me is still better than using them for candy or other junk we don't usually eat.

I just called and was told they could not confirm my Dessert party date, could not book a deminar, and to call back daily until they can confirm the dessert party date and arrange the deminar.
If I didn't know this was the current reality it would sound like the start of a Disney joke...

For what it's worth, I also received confirmation from a CM that you can use a QS credit to purchase 3 snack items at any location that accepts snack credits (including F&W marketplaces!) as long as you specify that you are using a QS credit for the 3 snacks and purchase them in one transaction.

Others have heard this. The problem is that "confirmation from a CM" means basically nothing. See most of the above posts. We won't know for sure until the festival starts.

Others have heard this. The problem is that "confirmation from a CM" means basically nothing. See most of the above posts. We won't know for sure until the festival starts.
I know that confirmation from one CM means little which is why I added "For what it's worth". I have seen the previous posts and that's why I made the comment, because I think people comparing notes on what they're told is the closest we'll get to knowing for sure. Even once the festival starts, if a couple people say they converted QS credits successfully, I know there's no guarantee I don't end up with the one CM who says they can't do that. I would be interested to know if anyone has been told something contradicting what I was told, or if everyone is getting the same story.

I expect that even if the policy is that you can convert QS credits at the booths there are going to be some that won't let you because either they didn't get the memo or the CM's don't know how to do it.

On a side note as a former IT worker I wish people would stop blaming everything on Disney's IT. We all know they have issues but the reality is it isn't the job of the IT department to train the CM's on the specifics of each & every offering at WDW. They put up on the website whatever they are told to.

I expect that even if the policy is that you can convert QS credits at the booths there are going to be some that won't let you because either they didn't get the memo or the CM's don't know how to do it.

On a side note as a former IT worker I wish people would stop blaming everything on Disney's IT. We all know they have issues but the reality is it isn't the job of the IT department to train the CM's on the specifics of each & every offering at WDW. They put up on the website whatever they are told to.

No, but it would be nice if they could figure out how to (A) let the Chase Visa holders and/or AP/TIW etc... book online early instead of having to call and (B) book more of these things online. There's NO reason things like the Parisian Breakfast are not on line.

Actually, IIRC, it was people reporting what Disney CMs were telling them. Some CMs were saying it was one gift bag per room (which made no sense to me) and others were being told it was one gift bag per person who booked the package (which made sense). It wasn't DISers just making that up.

Actually, IIRC, it was people reporting what Disney CMs were telling them. Some CMs were saying it was one gift bag per room (which made no sense to me) and others were being told it was one gift bag per person who booked the package (which made sense). It wasn't DISers just making that up.
Agree. It wasn't a DISer thing. Last year, we booked on the first day of the offer, and were told by the CM on the phone -- one bag per room! We called back a few more times, and some CMs gave the one bag per room answer, others gave the one bag per person answer. I did my best to convince some CMs why one bag per room was the wrong answer. Not sure it penetrated. About a week or so later, Disney finally put something in writing that the goodie bags were per person, and the chatter stopped.

I wonder now if that's why the goodie bags are being delivered to Epcot. Because Disney's employees can't figure it out. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter