EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

we are visiting epcot for the first time nov 12th. we didn't plan on going for f&w, it just happens to be a bonus, my question is, should i expect it to be crazy busy due to f&w? we just wanted to see what epcot has to offer. thanks

my concern is there is no Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party on Sept 28.
I'm not so sure that's true. I have a dessert party reservation on a date that's no longer listed as available. How did you determine that there's no party that night?

Has anyone successfully booked their culinary/beverage deminar for their PP?

Has Disney announced the official details for the Sampler package? I can't find it on the website.

will there be somewhere in the Festival Center where you can activate your EF&WF magic band & load it with money to start making your food purchases?

You don't load a Magic Band with money. Once it is linked to your MDX account you can use it to charge back to your room. If you don't have a Disney resort reservation you can't use it to pay for anything.

Nobody anywhere has said what the Sampler exclusions will be. But I think you can bet on the Dom Perignon and beverage flights. maybe some of the higher priced beverages. I doubt there will be any food exclusions.

All you do to "activate" the Tragic Band is go into your My Disney Experience App and put the numbers on the back in. Then it MIGHT work, but remember it's Disney's IT shop and we have all seen examples of how well that works !

we are visiting epcot for the first time nov 12th. we didn't plan on going for f&w, it just happens to be a bonus, my question is, should i expect it to be crazy busy due to f&w? we just wanted to see what epcot has to offer. thanks

Generally weekdays aren't too crowded. I "think" that is Jersey week so the parks will be more crowded no matter what.

So I booked the Discovery Sampler package...anyone else have to have a time set? The CM put down something like 6:45pm(she said while confirming it at the end and I could barely hear her). Earlier she said she has to put a time despite the fact that it's all day. I shouldn't have a problem picking up my stuff earlier in the day, right?

So I booked the Discovery Sampler package...anyone else have to have a time set? The CM put down something like 6:45pm(she said while confirming it at the end and I could barely hear her). Earlier she said she has to put a time despite the fact that it's all day. I shouldn't have a problem picking up my stuff earlier in the day, right?
I also have a reserved time at 6:45 but was told that I can pick up the sampler anytime after 9am that day... I believe the 6:45 is for the reserved spot for the Eat to the Beat concert that comes with that package.

I also have a reserved time at 6:45 but was told that I can pick up the sampler anytime after 9am... I believe the 6:45 is for the reserved spot for the Eat to the Beat concert that comes with that package.
Agreed- that was my understanding as well. Plus, there's no way I could redeem all those vouchers in a few hours- I'll NEED the whole day to walk it off.

Okay, great, thank you guys! Like, I thought they said I could pick it up after nine, but then I hear the 645 and promptly panic.

Has anyone been able to book the PP starting Monday, but then choose a different day for the Illuminations Sparkling dessert party? I see people have booked the party for the date they started the PP, but if we plan to only go to Epcot the afternoon on Monday, we would like to do the party Tuesday or Thursday. Would I be able to book the party one of those days, but start using the "premium areas" and other PP stuff on Monday? Hope that was clear. Thanks.

Has anyone been able to book the PP starting Monday, but then choose a different day for the Illuminations Sparkling dessert party? I see people have booked the party for the date they started the PP, but if we plan to only go to Epcot the afternoon on Monday, we would like to do the party Tuesday or Thursday. Would I be able to book the party one of those days, but start using the "premium areas" and other PP stuff on Monday? Hope that was clear. Thanks.
I was under the impression that the date that you are booking the PP for is the date that you will be attending the dessert party but you could pick up your credentials and swag bag any day M-Th of the week that your party is booked. Disney's website states that "The Epcot Food & Wine Premium Package is valid for one week of your choosing – Monday through Thursday."

Also included in the description: "The package allows access to the Premium Package areas for one week of your choosing – each day, Monday through Thursday – from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM."

It also goes on to state that "The date and time the Food & Wine Premium Package is booked indicates the date and time you will attend the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party."

So, you're booking your dessert party reservation when you book your PP, but you can access the premium areas the entire week (M-Th) before and after that dessert party date.

At least, that's my interpretation.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that's true. I have a dessert party reservation on a date that's no longer listed as available. How did you determine that there's no party that night?

i first looked at the Disney Food Blog site that listed the available dates for purchase of the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert party then cross-referenced it with the official WDW webpage for the dessert party. When i go to the "check availability" calendar, dates of the party are "clickable". the dates when the party is not occurring are grayed out & not clickable. even if the party is "sold out" the date is clickable but when you click, you get the message that there are no reservations available for that day. Sept 28 on that calendar is grayed out/non-clickable, the 29 & 30 are clickable but not taking reservations.
the available dessert party dates for that PP usage week were also confirmed when i called the FEST line & the CM David got confirmation from his supervisor Tim that the dessert party was only available on the 29th & 30th, not 28th. and the CM told me thru his supervisor that with my PP credentials i will be able to walk in to any ISDP during my usage week without having signed up for a particular party. i'm very unsure about that bit of info. i've since emailed Disney requesting written confirmation that this is how the PP will work for my group. i haven't received any info back yet. i'll report any info sent my way!

Thanks for the update. I suppose anything is possible and perhaps since opening weekend there are more "comped" tickets than usual? I was through on Chase pre-booking day by 7:10 and on regular day by 7:30 and am seeking just one ticket. Seems a bit of a stretch it was sold out that quickly but who knows. Seems odd it still shows availability online but then doesn't let you book. Oh well...
He's bookable now, just booked him online! Hope you are able to as well!

i first looked at the Disney Food Blog site that listed the available dates for purchase of the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert party then cross-referenced it with the official WDW webpage for the dessert party. When i go to the "check availability" calendar, dates of the party are "clickable". the dates when the party is not occurring are grayed out & not clickable. even if the party is "sold out" the date is clickable but when you click, you get the message that there are no reservations available for that day. Sept 28 on that calendar is grayed out/non-clickable, the 29 & 30 are clickable but not taking reservations.
the available dessert party dates for that PP usage week were also confirmed when i called the FEST line & the CM David got confirmation from his supervisor Tim that the dessert party was only available on the 29th & 30th, not 28th. and the CM told me thru his supervisor that with my PP credentials i will be able to walk in to any ISDP during my usage week without having signed up for a particular party. i'm very unsure about that bit of info. i've since emailed Disney requesting written confirmation that this is how the PP will work for my group. i haven't received any info back yet. i'll report any info sent my way!

I'm a little worried about my reservation, then. I'm booked for the 26th, which isn't clickable on the calendar.

dessert.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter