EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

We're arriving at WDW the last Sunday of the festival. We'd planned on going that evening for just a bit to sample a few booths (from around 4-7, we have a toddler so no late nights for us), and again for just a short time from 11-1 on the last day of the festival, Monday 11/16. I read to avoid even Sunday nights because of local crowds, and I'm worried that the last couple of festival days will be out of supplies (or maybe making less of an effort on QA). Are we asking for trouble even trying? Are the lines at the booths terribly long (as in, should I plan for wait times to cut into how many booths we can visit)? Thanks!

I've never experienced them making less effort, even up to the last serving, so I think that will be ok (some of the special items available may be sold out would be the only thing I can think of, like pins for the festival, etc...). Also, only the most popular dishes have a following strong enough to cause a back up of any import (the smokehouse was the busiest when I went, mainly because of the cupcake there lol) and I've found they usually are busier on Friday and Saturday evenings. The only issue, and it does annoy me, is that there are indeed drunk adults being loud, and rude even in the parks.

On The Chew the other day the hosts did a promo and, in it, they said "we'll be hosting the all-new rockin' burger block party." No idea what that means, LOL, but it's a tidbit.

We're arriving at WDW the last Sunday of the festival. We'd planned on going that evening for just a bit to sample a few booths (from around 4-7, we have a toddler so no late nights for us), and again for just a short time from 11-1 on the last day of the festival, Monday 11/16. I read to avoid even Sunday nights because of local crowds, and I'm worried that the last couple of festival days will be out of supplies (or maybe making less of an effort on QA). Are we asking for trouble even trying? Are the lines at the booths terribly long (as in, should I plan for wait times to cut into how many booths we can visit)? Thanks!
We went on a Friday night from about 5-9pm a few years ago during the last week of the festival then went back in the early afternoon on a Tuesday during the last week. I didn't notice a lot of drunks and I don't imbibe so I think I would have noticed... The food booths were somewhat busy on Friday but not much of a wait on Tuesday between 11-2.
It was so nice and soooo yummy.

This is our first trip when the FWF is on and we are very excited! I am trying to get myself up to speed with everything it entails. I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what the Flying Fish Wine Festival dinners are about? There is one listed for 8th October for looking at the different regions of New Zealand for wine, but I have no idea of what that means! Is it a special dinner? A set menu? Is it announced to be booked with the other events? Do you have to share tables or still have a table for your party alone? Thank you!

Last edited:

Just about 75 days left to Epcot food and wine 20th anniversary. My wife and I will be down there September 25 through October 3 with plans to go to food and wine on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday as of right now. Just about 75 days left to Epcot food and wine 20th anniversary. My wife and I will be down there September 25 through October 3 with plans to go to food and wine on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday Would any other people be going down this time? We are really just looking to have a drink and meet other foodies and Disney nuts like ourself.

Party for the Senses question:

I plan on going to this solo.

Is it really necessary to spend the extra $40 for a reserved seat? I'm not interested in the VIP pricing and amenities, just the reserved.

Is there 'open' seating or am I relegated to standing for the entire event?

How does the reserved seating work? Place cards? Wristbands allowing you into a special area?

And any tips from others who have done PFTS solo would be greatly appreciated!

This is our first trip when the FWF is on and we are very excited! I am trying to get myself up to speed with everything it entails. I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what the Flying Fish Wine Festival dinners are about? There is one listed for 8th October for looking at the different regions of New Zealand for wine, but I have no idea of what that means! Is it a special dinner? A set menu? Is it announced to be booked with the other events? Do you have to share tables or still have a table for your party alone? Thank you!

The FF Wine Dinners are a set menu with wine pairings. They seat you with other parties if you are not a full table. While the occur during the festival, my understanding is that you can book them now, directly with FF, not when the rest of the events are released. I am not sure on that as I rode the coat tails of kind DISer that had extra seats.

Party for the Senses question:

I plan on going to this solo.

Is it really necessary to spend the extra $40 for a reserved seat? I'm not interested in the VIP pricing and amenities, just the reserved.

Is there 'open' seating or am I relegated to standing for the entire event?

How does the reserved seating work? Place cards? Wristbands allowing you into a special area?

And any tips from others who have done PFTS solo would be greatly appreciated!

Yes. IMHO it is required to pay for seating if you go solo. I will never go without it again. The majority of the people at the party do not understand the concept of cocktail party. They take the table and they are going to hold it until the party is over and you will not be welcome Not only will you probably not have a place to sit you may not even have a table to stand at

Either last year or the year before there was a woman on this very thread whi posted a rant about how she and her friend sat down and at a table for several guests and them were mad that the rude people at the party insisted on using the empty seats at her "reserved" table.

There are couple of levels of seating. One of them it seems like you got a wristband and the other you got a lanyard. Your table is also marked with your name

After my last year of general admission I swore I would not come back until They dealt with the problem. I have gone the last three years twice using the wine view and once with reserve seating, it makes the party so much nicer

Yes. IMHO it is required to pay for seating if you go solo. I will never go without it again. The majority of the people at the party do not understand the concept of cocktail party. They take the table and they are going to hold it until the party is over and you will not be welcome Not only will you probably not have a place to sit you may not even have a table to stand at

Either last year or the year before there was a woman on this very thread whi posted a rant about how she and her friend sat down and at a table for several guests and them were mad that the rude people at the party insisted on using the empty seats at her "reserved" table.

There are couple of levels of seating. One of them it seems like you got a wristband and the other you got a lanyard. Your table is also marked with your name

After my last year of general admission I swore I would not come back until They dealt with the problem. I have gone the last three years twice using the wine view and once with reserve seating, it makes the party so much nicer

Thank you so much, @OrangeCountyCommuter! You told me everything I wanted to know. I really appreciate your great insight and I remember the woman ranting about people using 'her' table!

I will definitely be getting reserved seating for PFTS thanks to you!

Now if I can just get a reservation for the Parisian Breakfast I'll have my Saturday at F & W all set!

Any hints on the best way to enjoy F&W without running into major crowds if we need to go on the weekend? Should we plan to eat at the Festival booths for lunch instead of dinner time?

How difficult is it to navigate WS during opening weekend if you're not interested in booths/special events? We have an Akershus ADR that afternoon, and absolutely need to meet Mulan in China.... Do the crowds affect Future World much? I'm hoping to be there for RD, but you never know how the 4YO will be feeling that morning. Thanks in advance for any opening weekend advice!

I read to avoid even Sunday nights because of local crowds, and I'm worried that the last couple of festival days will be out of supplies (or maybe making less of an effort on QA). Are we asking for trouble even trying? Are the lines at the booths terribly long (as in, should I plan for wait times to cut into how many booths we can visit)? Thanks!

I was at F&W last year for opening weekend as well as for a week in early October. The crowds opening weekend were very heavy in World Showcase but in Future World, I thought they were no heavier than usual for the predicted crowd levels. There were just seas of people in places you don't ordinarily see crowds gathering (like near the walls by the lagoon), but it didn't make it difficult to get around the park. I actually thought the lines at the booths would be worse based on what I read here on the boards. Interestingly, some of my favorite booths had no lines at times I was visiting them in October, but some of the more popular booths (Mexico, China) had what looked like long lines all the time.

It was warm but pleasant in early October. I was pretty overheated the first weekend of Food & Wine in September but it was easy to escape into the attractions (French film, anyone? seats and a/c!) to cool off. Don't forget that the quick service restaurants are a good place to pick up drinks (and full-size beers) since the lines can be much shorter than the lines at the F&W booths.

Overall I would recommend tour as usual, including plans to visit the booths if that's your thing, but make a "plan B" just in case. We really enjoyed ourselves and didn't find the crowds to affect our enjoyment.

IMG_1567.JPG
(Above, the crowds on opening weekend of 2014 Food and Wine)

I was at F&W last year for opening weekend as well as for a week in early October. The crowds opening weekend were very heavy in World Showcase but in Future World, I thought they were no heavier than usual for the predicted crowd levels. There were just seas of people in places you don't ordinarily see crowds gathering (like near the walls by the lagoon), but it didn't make it difficult to get around the park. I actually thought the lines at the booths would be worse based on what I read here on the boards. Interestingly, some of my favorite booths had no lines at times I was visiting them in October, but some of the more popular booths (Mexico, China) had what looked like long lines all the time.

Thanks, that is great to hear - I'll be there Sept. 25th and was wondering what to expect for crowd levels! I love Impressions de France and will be sure to use it as a way to cool off and take a seat while in WS. :-)

F&W (and Dis) newbie here! My family is planning for our Epcot day to be the first Sunday of the festival. We are picky eaters and don't drink, so I don't expect to spend too much time at any of the booths.

How difficult is it to navigate WS during opening weekend if you're not interested in booths/special events? We have an Akershus ADR that afternoon, and absolutely need to meet Mulan in China. I've been stalking the cancellation thread trying to move our reservation to Monday in hopes of lower crowd levels, but haven't had any luck yet. Do the crowds affect Future World much? I'm hoping to be there for RD, but you never know how the 4YO will be feeling that morning. Thanks in advance for any opening weekend advice!

In the afternoon, I think you will be fine. Both Norway (Akershus) and China are in the extreme left side of WS as you face it from Future World. I'd enter World Showcase on that side, at Mexico, and make your way to Mulan and your reservation. If it looks to crazy, you can always go back out the way you came in and avoid most of the crowds. It really gets crowded towards dark. When the Eat to the Beat concerts let out, there is a lot of congestion in that area.

Has the official booking date been announced for reserving the various special events for F & W? We are staying over 2 Saturdays to catch 2 PTFS events. We love it year after year.

Sorry to hear that people do not want to share their table with fellow travelers. We always welcome others as it is a fun way to get to know people. As a business traveller I understand what it is to be solo and have been "adopted" by welcoming families and would want to do the same.

The FF Wine Dinners are a set menu with wine pairings. They seat you with other parties if you are not a full table. While the occur during the festival, my understanding is that you can book them now, directly with FF, not when the rest of the events are released. I am not sure on that as I rode the coat tails of kind DISer that had extra seats.
We go to the Flying Fish Dinners every year, they are awesome. Last year there were a couple that you could book early through FLying Fish, but an e-mail I received from FF this year indicated that all the bookings would be through Food and Wine Events. They sell out fast, so be on the phone 1st thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter