Epcot Flower and Garden Playgrounds

DisIsForMe

Prepping for first visit
We will be in Epcot Sun March 5th during F & G.
I've read great things about Mike and Sulley's Monstrous Garden. But I haven't found out where it is (or was previous years). Can anyone tell me?

Also, any experience on busy-ness level of playground? Sounds beautiful which can become relaxing for kids but if it's too busy that becomes tiring. I have 6,4,4,2 year olds and working to determine if we last all day or take a mid-day break.

Still waffling on Lunch at Akershus or not - Being so busy, don't know if we want to spend the time/money there what with bonus food stalls around. However with so much fun available a big meal may be just what the doctor ordered.

They will have two playground areas, one across from Test Track and then the bigger one (with lots of chairs for adults!) on the pathway between Journey Into Imagination and World Showcase. I believe this year's theme is "Music Garden Melodies". We've gone to the playgrounds over the last few years and never found them very crowded. I seem to recall they added tents for the chairs along the side of the playground. The rest of the playground isn't very shaded, however. Though not terribly busy, I wouldn't really call this a relaxing place, particularly if you have to walk around to supervise your children while they are playing and, based on the structures, you will probably have to supervise your smaller children.

Personally, I'm not a fan of making a meal out of the food stalls. We will get a drink or a snack here and there, but we prefer sitting down for a period of time to relax and eat a meal. Plus, the lines at the kiosks can become long.

We did the playgrounds last year early in the day and they were pretty quiet and our daughter loved them!

We have 4 kids around the same ages. The big playground by Journey into Imagination has been a hit, although we have grandparents with us to help supervise, which makes it more manageable! The smaller playground by Test Track has been a miss for us. Ideally we'd bring the younger ones there while the big kids ride Test Track, but it never seems to be open in the morning.

Doing the food stalls sounds fun in theory but we've found the logistics to be tough. It can be hard to find tables, and eating without a place to set your food can be hard for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter