EPCOT Flower and Garden menu posted - hopefully soon!!!

R
Excited about all the plant-based options. This will be our first F+G and also our first WDW trip. Do the food booths get super crowded? Can they be mobile ordered?
No to mobile order. Depends on what time, what day and date. Opening day they tend to be crowded. Friday and Saturday nights crowded. Random weekdays are usually OK.

I'll be there for 6 days starting April 16. I will spend part of every day at epcot and most of my suppers and some of my lunches will come from booths. I need to set up my list on the f&w app. I know I won't be eating anything spicy because of reflux and not much seafood cause I'm not a fan. I don't usually eat things from the places that are there all the time like the poutine.

51 days, 14 hrs.

I will report on what we try.

I don't know about the scampi poutine. If it's really hot out, I'm unsure. 😐

I look forward to your report ! I’m very curious, lol - sometime the weirdest sounding concoctions taste the best !

Are Fridays considerably busier at the festival than Thursdays? Right now I have MK booked for Thursday and Epcot for Friday (Thursday is my birthday and I wanted MK that day), but now I'm wondering if I should switch them. On top of that, we are probably doing HS AH on Wednesday night and I'd probably prefer sleeping in on an Epcot day vs a MK day.

Are Fridays considerably busier at the festival than Thursdays? Right now I have MK booked for Thursday and Epcot for Friday (Thursday is my birthday and I wanted MK that day), but now I'm wondering if I should switch them. On top of that, we are probably doing HS AH on Wednesday night and I'd probably prefer sleeping in on an Epcot day vs a MK day.
I’ve read that Friday’s are very busy for MK because people taking their kids will often take Friday off, and MK is the first park they go to. Midweek is much better for MK. I’ve also read that Epcot is busiest on weekends because locals go there....If that includes Fridays, then Epcot will be busy, too, especially late afternoon, evening.

Assuming both parks are busy, I would keep your days as is. MK seems to me to be worse when it’s busy than Epcot would be

At night, yes but not usually as busy as Sat. night. The locals tend to come out on the weekends.

At night, yes but not usually as busy as Sat. night. The locals tend to come out on the weekends.

If my choices are Thursday or Friday, should I plan Epcot for Thursday? I'm not doing a park on Saturday so that day doesn't really matter.

If my choices are Thursday or Friday, should I plan Epcot for Thursday? I'm not doing a park on Saturday so that day doesn't really matter.
I would do it on Thursday. I generally go to Epcot every day of a trip since its our favorite park and we always have hoppers. Also I tend to stay at the Dolphin so it's easy to just walk over there for a hour or two. I do go on Fridays but I always try to leave around 6 or so.

We went to Food and Wine in 2021 and it was the first time he tried anything from the booths. He still talks about the lobster booth and now we have to go to Epcot on arrival day to have dinner.

We loved the lobster booth too. We were a group of 4 so we shared.

Yes, I've already made my wish list on the app:

Lox Benedict on Everything Focaccia
Ghost Mary (bloody mary)
Everything at Citrus Blossom
Grilled Street Corn
Blacked Fish Slider
Strawberry Shortcake
Taco Vampiro
Crab Wontons
Mala Chicken Skewer
Both potato pancakes
Toasted pretzel bread
Muffuletta
Gumbo
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
Orange Saffron cake
Braised Oxtail
Croissant with goat cheese
Beef Provencal
Beignet
Chocolate Maple Whiskey Cake
Twinings green iced tea with cranberry and lime (my favorite flavor combo for non-alcoholic drinks)
Chicken and Waffles
Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake
Orange Cream Cold Brew

2 of us for 9 nights. I'll be curious to see how much of this we actually try.

I have to add to my list - the Liege Waffle from Connections Cafe. I love specialty waffles you can eat "plain" and this one apparently has a citrus flavor for Flower/Garden and it's got orange sugar on the edges. :)

I have to add to my list - the Liege Waffle from Connections Cafe. I love specialty waffles you can eat "plain" and this one apparently has a citrus flavor for Flower/Garden and it's got orange sugar on the edges. :)
Yummmmmy! I love waffles, and I’ve never had a liege one....

How big are the portions in general ?

Has anyone been to F & G? I’m really eager to hear about the yummy food booths !

I didnt try it but i did want to note that the liege waffles did not look to great in person - as they are prepackaged and just thrown in a pot in the starbucks looked very generic. On the other hand the beligum booth at universal had great looking fresh waffles. I'm allergic to eggs so didnt get to indulge but wanted to make people aware that they were not fresh.

We had the following:

Grillled Corn with Cotja Cheese - really good and the garlic was really strong so maybe end of the night?
Everything from trowel and trellis - the 'ribs' were great as was the chocolate cake but the lumpia were just okay but good value for money.
Had the traditional poutine and did not like it.
Had the chermoula skewer from tangerine cafe and again it was just okay - nothing compares to farmer jacks chermoula chicken if you are ever in london. I did have to modify but i dont think the garlic aioli would have saved it.
Fruishi was just okay - dont understand the hype - My fiance hated it.
Violet lemonade was pretty good - but i was hoping for a stronger violet taste.
Watermelon Salad - they ran out of feta which i think would have completed the dish nicely but it was still very good.
The prize dole whip from the garden graze was the best dole whip we had in the 2 weeks - it was delicious.

I tried to stick to predominately plant based due to my egg allergy but was overall very impressed with the plant based options throughout disney - with most being much better than the non plant based options. The plant based mousse at tusker house was particularly good.

I didnt try it but i did want to note that the liege waffles did not look to great in person - as they are prepackaged and just thrown in a pot in the starbucks looked very generic. On the other hand the beligum booth at universal had great looking fresh waffles. I'm allergic to eggs so didnt get to indulge but wanted to make people aware that they were not fresh.
That’s disappointing...scratch that off my list. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter