EPCOT Fireworks - Any Good Now?

leannak

DIS Veteran
What are the EPCOT fireworks like for this summer? Are they worth using a big chunk of time to stake out a spot? I'm not sure what's going on now with the barges gone - is it just a filler show until they come up with the new one?

What are the EPCOT fireworks like for this summer? Are they worth using a big chunk of time to stake out a spot? I'm not sure what's going on now with the barges gone - is it just a filler show until they come up with the new one?
I personally wouldn't dedicate too much time staking out a location. I'm in the minority because I absolutely loved Harmonious....viewing Epcot Forever after Harmonious felt like a bit of a letdown...this is also the 3rd return of the show and I've seen it multiple times so maybe I'm just tired of it.

You also don't need to be against the rail to view the show, all the action is in the skies. You should be able to find a decent spot 15 minutes prior! Fireworks are still magical so worth checking out, just don't stress about finding the perfect spot.

If you were a fan of illumination then you will be disappointed with Epcot forever, but worth seeing it once. If they still have the Epcot ball going with the lighting and music, they had for the 50th anniversary that's worth seeing.

It's a good old fashioned fireworks show. As long as trees aren't right in front of you, you can see it. I actually love it since I'm height challenged and miss most of the projections on the other shows. Doesn't matter how early I'm there or what a great spot I have, someone taller is usually going to get in front of me at the last minute or a dad is going to put his kid on his shoulders. For epcot forever I like to get a spot just to the right of the American stage (if you are looking at it) right in front of the fence. That way you not only see the epcot show the MK show is going off in the middle and it's pretty cool.

It's just a fireworks show - no projections, water effects, etc. If you are an old-school EP fan, I think you will appreciate the music. If not, I don't know if I would invest a lot of time finding a great spot or even seeing the show if you are pressed for time or have to decide between EP and the MK/DHS shows.

Is it the show they had in between Illuminations and Harmonious? I get confused with so many changes over the last few yrs. If so, then I'd say definitely not worth spending much time on. We loved Illuminations and really liked Harmonious, but whatever they had in between was pretty subpar in our opinion.

I personally wouldn't dedicate too much time staking out a location. I'm in the minority because I absolutely loved Harmonious....viewing Epcot Forever after Harmonious felt like a bit of a letdown...this is also the 3rd return of the show and I've seen it multiple times so maybe I'm just tired of it.

You also don't need to be against the rail to view the show, all the action is in the skies. You should be able to find a decent spot 15 minutes prior! Fireworks are still magical so worth checking out, just don't stress about finding the perfect spot.

I dug HarmonioUS too. It was different, but I get the drawbacks too. Epcot Forever was always a temporary show anyway. Hopefully whatever the new big one is will be impressive.

It's shorter than other shows. Only runs about 10-14 minutes.

We watched from a private fireworks cruise which was great. Otherwise, I don't think I would try too hard to get a premium spot.

I had low expectations so perhaps that played into things, but I was pleasantly surprised. This past week we went on a rainy night and walked up to a wonderful railing spot 10 minutes before the show and then on a weekend got a decent spot just a few minutes beforehand, so I wouldn't suggest investing a ton of extra time on a spot.

Unlike with Harmonious you can see the show from any vantage around the lagoon not just one or two sweet spots

It’s a love letter to Epcot

We enjoyed it a lot more than anticipated. It's just a fireworks show, but it's a pretty good one. There is really no need to stake out a spot as you can view it from pretty much anywhere around the lagoon. We appreciated the nods to old school Epcot in the music. Is it the greatest thing ever? No, but we found it very much worth the time to stop and enjoy it. I doubt we will be back to the parks before the new show debuts, but if we did end up going again, I'd probably plan on watching it a second time.

I just saw them last month and it was just ok. I liked illuminations a lot and didn't think the new show was nearly as good but my favorite will always be Wishes that is now long gone at Magic Kingdom. When we went it was a Saturday. We got a spot about an hour and 15 min before for our party of 6. We are happy we did because spots filled up quickly and we wanted to be right up on the gate so the kids could see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter