Epcot DVC lounge - new furniture

zackiedawg

WEDway Peoplemover Rider
Still sticking to a retro mid-century modern/future theme, I found it nice that the DVC lounge in Epcot got all new furniture...I found them to be more comfortable, and more solid designs than the old stuff that was getting pretty tired. I was just there in December and it was still the old furniture, but this past weekend they had replaced the chairs and couches with new ones.

Of course, I was completely spaced out apparently, since I forgot to take any photos. Just wanted to mention it in case anyone wasn't aware of the changes yet. Maybe someone took photos.

We saw it in late December, it's really nice, far more comfortable, but still pales in comparison to the Star View Lounge in DL. Didn't take any photos either...sorry. I think it's the bright sun and heat at the top of the pavilion I don't like. The dark quite of SVL is really relaxing and you can step outside for great views of Tomorrowland and the Matterhorn. Don't get me wrong, I like it as a brief respite, but not as much as SVL. We can't wait for the next lounge to open!

Agreed on the new lounge to come - hoping that it ends up being in MK - though I wouldn't balk at an AK option either given how hot that park can be much of the year and with far less AC-covered areas to retreat to. I wouldn't be shocked if the new lounge ended up in DHS too - that park has vast amounts of unused indoor space all over the place that would be easy to convert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter