• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT dinner then MK for fireworks party. Will we make it?

opaleyes

Mouseketeer
Our trip is coming up next week, and I planned for us to go to Epcot on Wed Dec 6th, then hop over to MK for the fireworks. I had wanted to do a fireworks party, but hadn't been able to book one, so I set up my Epcot plan for the evening as follows:
6:00pm dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel. Assumed to take about 60 minutes?
7:07 Ride Spaceship Earth on way out of park with FP+ (we don't have it scheduled anywhere else in our plan for the day).
Take monorail from Epcot to TTC to MK.

This morning I managed to book a spot at the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party. Will we be able to make it in time? I'd really like to be able to eat some of the desserts, though I mostly booked for the view. Is the monorail the fastest option? It's our only day in Epcot, and also the only day we could see the fireworks due to the MVMCPs and other plans. Should I cut out Spaceship Earth? I really like going on it and I'll be with my boyfriend who hasn't been on it ever. Our Epcot day is pretty packed from Rope Drop to dinner.

Dessert party starts at 7:45 if I'm not mistaken. Even if you skipped Spaceship Earth it would be questionable. Can you move up your dinner?

Dinner followed by a Dessert Party (within a couple of hours?)
I'd be physically ill from so much food.
(And, why pay so much for desserts and not actually eat much of them?)

I'd drop the meal.
(It's just standard "Mexican restaurant" stuff, available for so much less money -and often better prepared- outside WDW.)
Why not just snack at Epcot about 4:30-ish and then head to MK earlier rather than later.

Last edited:

I always allow 90 minutes for a table service meal, but you're not going to make it even if it only takes 60.

On another note, having a big meal right before the dessert party doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

Eat fast, and skip Spaceship Earth. If it is important to ride SE you will need to work it in another time.

the issue with the monorail is going to be that you have to take two monorails. One to TTC and another to MK. Including walking around to the MK monorail from the Epcot monorail. Taking an Uber to the Contemporary resort might be faster, you can walk to MK from there. Taking Uber to MK would get you dropped at TTC I think.

I agree with the others. If priority is the dessert party, I would drop La Hacienda and move your Spaceship Earth FP+ to earlier in the day. There are great QS restaurants in WS or, perhaps do a TS earlier (like late lunch). I would be out of EP waiting for transportation no later than 6:45 pm. If you are in WS and you do SE earlier, you could always head out of EP through the IG entrance and catch a bus to MK. Or exit out of FW and take the monorail. As others have suggested, you could also get an uber/lyft/cab from the FW entrance (taxi stand is near the buses) or from the BC entrance (if you leave through IG). If you uber/lyft/cab, either ask them to take you to GF and monorail to MK or to CR and walk over. The terrace party seating is first come, first served, so if you get there late, you risk getting a less than optimal view of the fireworks.

Dinner followed by a Dessert Party (within a couple of hours?)
I'd be physically ill from so much food.
(And, why pay so much for desserts and not actually eat much of them?)

I'd drop the meal.
(It's just standard "Mexican restaurant" stuff, available for so much less money -and often better prepared- outside WDW.)
Why not just snack at Epcot about 4:30-ish and then head to MK earlier rather than later.
I agree with this, eat a late(ish) lunch and skip dinner. We normally do not eat dinner before a dessert party but we did before our last one in October (just poor planning on our part) and it was a HUGE mistake! Could not eat much at the party and what we did try and force down left us feeling miserable for the rest of the evening.

As an update- we can't really skip dinner as for the rest of the day (RD-dinner) we will be with a group who will all need to eat. I was just going to get an appetizer as my meal (I love love the soups there). I'll see if we can move the reservation up though. It's worth a shot!

As an update- we can't really skip dinner as for the rest of the day (RD-dinner) we will be with a group who will all need to eat. I was just going to get an appetizer as my meal (I love love the soups there). I'll see if we can move the reservation up though. It's worth a shot!

That’s a good idea to just have an appetizer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter