• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot day of week question

Shellee999

Mouseketeer
Hi! We will be there late June/early July. Our options to visit Epcot are Thursday through Sunday. We have been set on Thursday for a long time, but realized that’s an AH night. I imagine it will get very crowded when the regular crowds mix with the AH crowd. We avoided Friday through Sunday because we always would avoid those days during the Food and Wine Festival. Is there the same sharp increase in people for the Flower and Garden Festival? I’m basically asking if anyone has an opinion on which day to go, since Monday through Wednesday are not options. Thank you!

Personally if we had to choose between Fri, Sat and Sun we would choose Sunday as there would be less locals going on a Sunday I believe which might decrease crowds a bit.

Personally if we had to choose between Fri, Sat and Sun we would choose Sunday as there would be less locals going on a Sunday I believe which might decrease crowds a bit.
Thank you. And do you think that’s better than Thursday when there is AH but maybe less locals?

It depends in what time of day you don’t mind experiencing higher crowds.. On an AH day, the AH ticket holder will not be let in until 7pm. During the day, it will be a normal Thursday crowd, which is well below what a Sunday daytime crowd will be. Plus an AH event is only a few thousand people which is a drop in the bucket for Epcot. Sure, you’ll get more people around world showcase between 7-9 and ride times may pick up a notch. But don’t underestimate how crowded a Sunday can get. There are still loads of drinkers and festival goers. End of June/beginning of July is the tail end of Flower and Garden. Plenty of locals come to Epcot on Sundays for the festival. And that’s an all day experience as opposed to perhaps being off-put for only 2 hours on a Thursday night. Seriously consider this. I would absolutely consider a Thursday over a Sunday in this situation.

Thank you. And do you think that’s better than Thursday when there is AH but maybe less locals?
@coasternut22 makes some really good points. Honestly, I would find the day that works best for your schedule. Looking at Touring Plans predictions, it doesn't appear like any day is significantly higher or lower than another. We have never avoided Epcot on the weekends but rather when we're there on the weekend we tend to make out way out of WS by early evening to avoid those who may be drinking more than we're comfortable with.

Thank you both. This makes sense. I was concerned about the crowds at Epcot Forever, but I guess it’s better to deal with that than all day crowds in World Showcase. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter