• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT construction

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
Any idea when the construction at EPCOT will be completed. We were there in October and just about the entire Future World area was walled construction barriers. Thanks

As far as I know, Disney has not announced any completion dates. I believe they expect the Moana Journey of Water walk-through to open this year, but I'm not sure whether or not that will be the end of the construction.

As stated by pp there is no officially disclosed opening date, I would imagine the construction will likely continue for at least another year as the work appears very extensive with multiple structures and new buildings/attractions being built behind the walls..

Any idea when the construction at EPCOT will be completed. We were there in October and just about the entire Future World area was walled construction barriers. Thanks
We were there September 2021, and it was nothing but walls. I can’t see it being more than two years, so I’m hoping it will be gone by December this year.

I read that the Moana area and communicore area should be done in late 2023.
I’m hoping my trip in early September is late enough in 2023 for those walls to be down!

There is just no telling at this point though.
🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

The short answer is no one knows. The longer answer is never, I've never been to WDW (been going for close to 40 years) when there haven't been construction walls somewhere. They are always either improving, repairing or changing something. Because they chose to do a major overhaul smack dab in the middle of Epcot, it made it a little more noticeable then normally when they are just doing a ride or a building. I've been a number of times since the walls have gone up and to be honest, I don't even pay attention to them any more. I don't think anyone is even 100% sure what the Moana area is actually going to be like. Are you going to be able to cut through it to other places in the park or are you going to have to walk around it? Who knows.

Took 6 years to build Tron. The work at the center of Epcot is more involved, and Disney is notoriously slow with projects in this generation. I expect to see those walls up at least 2-3 more years.

Tomato---tomahto. The pattern is that Disney construction projects take forever

The schedule doesn't mean the actual construction took that long. Disney has very little coming out and is slow rolling. I doubt we ever see a project take that long again, and the others didn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter