Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They certainly don’t look amazing... I’m not thrilled with it. I would much rather have barges that move in and out.

I'm sure there are technical hurdles and expenses, but it would have awesome if the barges could have sat underwater and rose for the show.

I wonder if that was ever in the cards until Covid stroke.

I'm sure there are technical hurdles and expenses, but it would have awesome if the barges could have sat underwater and rose for the show.

I wonder if that was ever in the cards until Covid stroke.
Unless they wanted to spend hundreds of millions probably not.

Also covid wouldn’t have had an impact on that because this show was in development or years.

Much grumbling elsewhere (Twitter and other forums) about the sightlines due to these barge installs. Only one installed so far...

It's hard to really know how the fountains will help the view, but so far not a good sign.

Maybe they can make a giant covering of flowers or something pretty to cover them during the day, but still allowing water to flow for a fountain. 😂

I realize they are probably such a dark color so they are "invisible" during the show, but dang...that's an ugly color to be looking at during the day....

Unless they wanted to spend hundreds of millions probably not.

Also covid wouldn’t have had an impact on that because this show was in development or years.

I agree but switching to a float-platform wouldn't have been a huge project change. It's also kind of curious that the daytime fountain rendering image was a new detail that we just got a couple of weeks ago...

I agree but switching to a float-platform wouldn't have been a huge project change. It's also kind of curious that the daytime fountain rendering image was a new detail that we just got a couple of weeks ago...
That has been planned for a while. Disney knew they needed to do something considering they would be permanently in the lagoon.

I will wait and see until all the platforms are put in and the fountain feature is working before I judge it. TBH I don't really find myself looking across the lake when I'm around WS. I'm usually looking at all the awesome details within each country.

It reminds me more of what the main lake at UO looks like with all of the pyrotechnics out in that lake during the day. It’s come to be expected there, so it’s not as much of an issue (plus those are much smaller than the new Harmonious barges). But hopefully the fountains will be cool enough to make people forget how bad they look.

It reminds me more of what the main lake at UO looks like with all of the pyrotechnics out in that lake during the day. It’s come to be expected there, so it’s not as much of an issue (plus those are much smaller than the new Harmonious barges). But hopefully the fountains will be cool enough to make people forget how bad they look.
Those like world of color can be lowered. Also I think that’s comparing apples to oranges. Those are low and smaller like you said. These barges are huge and unlike anything we’ve really seen before. People hold Disney to a different standard than Universal in many cases and that okay.

Those like world of color can be lowered. Also I think that’s comparing apples to oranges. Those are low and smaller like you said. These barges are huge and unlike anything we’ve really seen before. People hold Disney to a different standard than Universal in many cases and that okay.
Oh I agree these are much larger. I’m just hoping they’ll eventually just fade into the background once they’re all in place and the fountains run. I’m really hoping the fountain show will be even better that what used to be in Future World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter