Epcot AM EMH

Jrits

DIS Veteran
I have a FP for TT. Which should I go to first - FEA or Soarin? Which line builds longer faster?

Agreed. FEA is much slower loading and holds fewer people than Soarin' per "load." That means a little more walking for you, but it will save you standing in line time.

Frozen. Not only does the Soarin line take longer to build a long wait, Soarin is also the easiest out of the 3 to get as a 4th FP

Have a great trip!

Last edited:
I would actually do Soarin and all of the rides around it and do FEA when I get to Norway on my way through the World Showcase. It may not be a 'save' when you look at it single attraction to single attraction, but when you add in all the ancillary time saved, I think you get more bang for your buck.

Assume you save the following by doing Soarin during EMH.
  • 20 minutes walking (10 to get back to FEA, and 10 minutes back to the front of the park). Nothing else in WS will be open.
  • 15-20 minutes in line at Soarin
  • 5-10 minutes in line at Living with the Land
  • 5-10 minutes in line at Nemo
  • 5-10 minutes in line at Figment
  • potentially 10 minutes or more at some of the character meet & greets
You add all that up, and you're probably actually wasting time by walking all the way back to Frozen and then returning to the front of the park. At worst, it will be net out to be about the same amount of time, but you won't have all the extra steps.

Have a great trip!

Last edited:
The timelines I laid out apply whether you consider them at 8 o'clock or 9 o'clock, with the exception that Figment may not be open during EMH. But, the time saved doing Soarin, Nemo, LWL, Spaceship Earth, etc. during that EMH more than pays off the time spent walking all the way back to Frozen and then all the way back up front, especially if you plan to do all those attractions via standby..

The timelines I laid out apply whether you consider them at 8 o'clock or 9 o'clock, with the exception that Figment may not be open during EMH. But, the time saved doing Soarin, Nemo, LWL, Spaceship Earth, etc. during that EMH more than pays off the time spent walking all the way back to Frozen and then all the way back up front, especially if you plan to do all those attractions via standby..

While I agree they will save steps and the time it takes to walk back there, if they wait until 10 or 11 to go to WS and try to do FEA at that time, they will easily be waiting an hour in line. I think the steps and time to walk in the morning is worth it, but that's just my opinion.

We got a FP for Frozen because I didn't think it opened that early. We plan to Rope Drop Soarin' and doing all that side before our 11:00 FP for FEA, so I think I'm glad I didn't know it was open!

I have been watching the wait times for Soarin and Frozen at about 9:40 am (for non-EMH days) the past couple of weeks, and Frozen has consistently had shorter wait times than Soarin.

So we are thinking of doing Soarin first at Rope Drop, followed by Frozen just as fast as we can get over there.

While I agree they will save steps and the time it takes to walk back there, if they wait until 10 or 11 to go to WS and try to do FEA at that time, they will easily be waiting an hour in line. I think the steps and time to walk in the morning is worth it, but that's just my opinion.

The thing is, you are basically saving those 45-60 minutes in front of the park by doing those attractions at rope drop versus after you ride frozen. It's the same amount of time in line over the course of the day with fewer steps

The thing is, you are basically saving those 45-60 minutes in front of the park by doing those attractions at rope drop versus after you ride frozen. It's the same amount of time in line over the course of the day with fewer steps

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't see you saving 45-60 min by skipping FEA. The only ride in the list that won't still be walk-on is Soarin' and Soarin' won't be much past 15 min wait even after doing FEA first. So I would still do the extra steps and do FEA first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter