Epcot ADR or not Question

Bb3300

High Altitude Ears
I searched around a little but didn't really find what I wanted. We are doing 2 days at Epcot in mid May 2018 and our second day is basically World Showcase for DW father, plus a few things for me and the kids. The question is do we absolutely need an ADR for lunch somewhere or can we just cruise around the countries and find something we like?

PS - I know there will be some big ticket stuff booked up but we aren't super picky.

The popular places can be hard to get in to. We tried that one time. We got turned away at most places. We were able to get in at Tokyo Dining, which we didn't really enjoy that much. You should be able to find something, but it may not be what you were hoping for. We were also able to get in at Via Napoli at a moments notice (we enjoyed it). Good luck.

There are plenty of decent quick serve places in case you don't get an ADR. There should also be kiosks for the Flower and Garden show in Epcot with other food and drink options. If you aren't fussy on where you eat and are open to early or late times, and go midweek you should find something. The park may be more crowded on the weekends due to the Flower and Garden show.

I searched around a little but didn't really find what I wanted. We are doing 2 days at Epcot in mid May 2018 and our second day is basically World Showcase for DW father, plus a few things for me and the kids. The question is do we absolutely need an ADR for lunch somewhere or can we just cruise around the countries and find something we like?

PS - I know there will be some big ticket stuff booked up but we aren't super picky.
Do you have any time during the day scheduled to sit down and eat? If not, I recommend making an ADR for at least one meal during the day- not just before or after, but during, to provide your father-in-law with an indoor meal and a break from walking & from the heat & crowds.

If you aren't super picky, you'll be fine. If you don't mind QS, there are some great QS restaurants in EP. We particularly like Kringla Bakery, Tangierine Cafe and Les Halles de France. Your best bets for walk-ins will probably be Nine Dragons (not great, IMHO), Marrakesh (again, not great) and Spice Road Table (hidden gem and our favorite - we have done walk-ups here three times). The other thing you can do is go on the MDE app about 2 hours before you want to eat and see what's available. Or, if you are walking around the countries, simply ask the hosts as you walk by to see if they can seat you. After countless trips to WDW, even without ADR's we've always found something to eat!

You will also be there during the Flower & Garden show, so you could also browse the food kiosks around WS.

We always end up doing QS in World Showcase and have been pretty happy with what we've gotten. I debate making an ADR for every trip, but I like having the freedom to choose what I feel like at the moment and everyone in our party can choose the restaurant they want. Tangierine Cafe has a great quiet sitdown area outside away from the hustle and bustle. Very nice...

We didn't make ADRs for Epcot this past trip (Pandora opening weekend/last weekend of F&G) and we regretted it. It was SO. HOT. and none of the F&G food seemed enticing (it was all hot stuff - and while it all sounded delicious, it just wasn't appealing to eat a hot dish like soup or meatballs while we stood around in the blazing heat).

But we were able to grab tables indoors day-of (even two hours out!) at Chefs de France, Spice Road Table and Rose & Crown.

So, long story short - if there's place you WANT to eat at, make the ADR. Otherwise, watch the weather and grab an ADR to guarantee you a place to sit in the A/C for a little bit. People will hole up at the CS places, so you may have a hard time finding a place to sit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter