Entertainment Rate

Shamu Goofy and HCR

Earning My Ears
Can someone tell me what an entertainment rate is , and also do I book my vacation through the HRH or call Universal? Please help this disney fan that wants to go to HRH

I will try to explain that for you! An entertainment rate is a rate that is available to people that purchase an entertainment book. When you purchase the books you also get an entertainment card with your name and number. Universal offers a certain amount of rooms at the Entertainment rate which is as much as half off of the rack rate. People have been known to get the Hard Rock Hotel garden view room for $117.00 per night! That is an awesome deal! You can find out more about the Entertainment book by going to www.entertainment.com.

I am not sure if you call the Hard Rock directly or Universal, but I would just call one and ask about it.

Also, there are certain blackout times that no entertainment rates are available. For example, I tried to get a discount for the Hard Rock for the third week in June, and they told me they had no discounts during this time. They did however have discounts available at the Portofino Bay during that same time. Also, you don't have to have the card at the time you book, but you do need it when you check in.
Good luck!!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

Thanks I called in and the entertainment rate was almost 1/2 price .. Can I ask if you book with the entertainment rate and get a 4 park flex pass on a 7 night stay you save over $800 compared to getting a package from universal. Why is that am I missing something? confused in need of help here:(

The only thing I know to say about the price of a package being so much more is most people don't bother trying to do things on their own, so they probably just book packages not realizing there are other alternatives. We, on the other hand, thanks to this wonderful board know about the best deals and how to get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S,G and HCR, When are you going to HRH that you got that great rate?

Thanks!

I will try to explain that for you! An entertainment rate is a rate that is available to people that purchase an entertainment book. When you purchase the books you also get an entertainment card with your name and number. Universal offers a certain amount of rooms at the Entertainment rate which is as much as half off of the rack rate. People have been known to get the Hard Rock Hotel garden view room for $117.00 per night! That is an awesome deal! You can find out more about the Entertainment book by going to www.entertainment.com.

I made the reservation and requested the Entertainment Book discount and got it for $125.00 a night at the HRH. My problem.......now I'm concerned that I don't have the right card. My card does not have my name listed on it. All it has is a 11 digit number with a letter at the end. It also has a period of time when it is valid. This card came with the thick book that has discount coupons in it. I don't know how the Entertainment Book company even know who I am because the book was an award given to me at work. How will the hotel know that the card is mine? Sorry for all the dumb questions.

kutchyone,
YOu have the right book. The Entertainment cards do not have a name on them--just a number. The hotel has no way of know if it's your card or if you borrowed it from your neighbor. Sometimes they don't even ask to see it. Just make sure you have your card with you in case they ask to see yours.

laurenk,
The Entertainment Card is only good for the hotel rates, not the park passes.

kutchyone,

As long as you have the 2002 Entertainment Book and the card came out of it, you are fine. :)

laurenk,

The book, in the past, has had coupons for so many $ off of certain Universal passes. I don't think the flex pass is one of those offered.

Shamu Goofy and HCR,

Like KimCon said, these boards help save LOTS of money on Orlando vacations. It's very rare that any package offered by either Universal or Disney can beat what people can get by doing everything seperately and using various discounts offered.

Thanks so much for your fast reply. I am a little more at ease now. I was getting a little confused and could not find the answers to my questions on the Entertainment Book web site. I just don't want any surprises when we register. What a shock if I had walked up, presented my card and was told that it was not the right card. From $125 a night to $239 a night. That would have ruined the vacation. Thanks again.

I got an awesome deal with Entertainment. I booked our room for $125/night. And that is lower than AP rates, $139 for the same dates!

Wanda

look through your Entertainment book for more coupons too! In the full color section of my book I found coupons for something called a CityWalk Party Pass and for "Universal Scrip" with a 2day/2park or 3 day/2 park ticket purchase.
Also discounts on Sea World admission, and Disney Club @ 31.95 instead of the 39.95 rate I saw advertised on TV. Lots more too pays to read the book! lol
:smooth:

If you're interested in the new Royal Pacific they are offering great entertainment rates, even on weekend nights (which they didn't have at HRH or PBH). Aug 23, 24 they were quoting $99.00 standard, 109.00 pool view. I think the hotel is scheduled to open in July.

I have been trying to get a Weekend booking at HRH using the Entertainment rate and they have informed me that none are available. :mad: :confused: :mad:
They keep steering me to Portofino. I don't mind PBH but I rather be at HRH.
Any tips for booking weekends at HRH? I have used Expedia in the past, but am hoping for deeper discounts.

HAVE FUN

I have 8 nights at HRH for a deluxe room @ 155/nt. (125/nt. was available for standard room). When I asked for a check-in on a Saturday, nothing was available. I asked if I could check-in on a Sunday....and all 8 nights became available...including the following Fri/Sat/Sun. I guess you just have to play around with your dates. I know the rep I talked to on the phone was very helpful and willing to work with me.:)

My question is.....does the entertainment book HAVE to be the orlando entertainment book? I have the one for my area - can I use that one??

It does NOT have to be the Orlando book. Look in the back of your book under hotels. Check under Orlando. They are listed as "Universal's Hard Rock Hotel" and "Universal's Portofino Bay Hotel". If you can get the Entertainment rate for the dates you're going, just bring the card from your local book.

I might also suggest that if you don't get your dates at the HRH (or PBH or RP) that you keep calling back. It may just be that they are sold out of discounted rooms at that time for your dates.

When I first called a couple weeks ago, they did not have my dates at the HRH. 3 days later, all my dates were available with the Entertainment Rate. :D

Cancellations are made everyday, so don't give up.

I also suggest registering your book on Entertainment.com - there are many more hotels, restaurants, etc listed on line where I can use my NJ book than there are in the book.

Which entertainmnt book do you buy, the one for Orlando or should I get one for closer to home? Does it matter? What other stuff is in it, anything useful around New Jersey. Thanks SAM
:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter