Entertainment in November

Maddysdaddy

DIS Veteran
Hi all.

You may have seen from my other post about Oga's that I will be heading down in November for five days with my daughter on our first DL trip since 2017. Not loving the changes (picking parks, not being able to get dining reservations) but I will not rant about that here...

Since the November calendar isn't out yet, I've been reading thru October's. If what I'm seeing holds true, for our Monday to Friday trip, the only night that Fantasmic and fireworks will be showing is on the Friday? And since I think(?) November 11 is a holiday in the US, I'm guessing the park is going to be insane that night - so guessing I need pick one and camp out for hours holding a spot (since there are no Fantasmic ADR's available)?

Are nighttime parades in either of the parks a thing of the past as well?

It looks like WoC may still be showing M/W/F - what's the deal with that? Do you still go to the fastpass booth when the park opens and whatever color your ticket is, that's a guarantee to get into that section for the show?

Sorry for all the questions. I know that I should be grateful that as of 10:35 on a Monday morning, these are the biggest problems in my life so far today, but now that my daughter has started university, this may be the last time that she wants to go hang out at Disney with her Dad - so I just wanted everything to be perfect for her (and not having an appreciation of all the changes, it feels like I've messed everything up).

Thx for listening to my complaints...

Hi all.

You may have seen from my other post about Oga's that I will be heading down in November for five days with my daughter on our first DL trip since 2017. Not loving the changes (picking parks, not being able to get dining reservations) but I will not rant about that here...

Since the November calendar isn't out yet, I've been reading thru October's. If what I'm seeing holds true, for our Monday to Friday trip, the only night that Fantasmic and fireworks will be showing is on the Friday? And since I think(?) November 11 is a holiday in the US, I'm guessing the park is going to be insane that night - so guessing I need pick one and camp out for hours holding a spot (since there are no Fantasmic ADR's available)?

It looks like WoC may still be showing M/W/F - what's the deal with that? Do you still go to the fastpass booth when the park opens and whatever color your ticket is, that's a guarantee to get into that section for the show?

Sorry for all the questions. I know that I should be grateful that as of 10:35 on a Monday morning, these are the biggest problems in my life so far today, but now that my daughter has started university, this may be the last time that she wants to go hang out at Disney with her Dad - so I just wanted everything to be perfect for her (and not having an appreciation of all the changes, it feels like I've messed everything up).

The reason why WOC is only showing M/W/F is because of oogie boogie bash. I would expect it to be everynight in november.

November 11th is also the start of Christmas in the parks, and will have the Christmas Fantasy Parade. Yes, it will be a bit busy. (We will be there too.) If there are 2 of you, use one of the dining alert places to set alerts for the 11th for Fantasmic!, they do come thru.

Many employers and many schools do not give the day off for Veteran's Day, so that may not really increase the crowds too much at all.
Most, if not all, California school districts do observe Veteran's Day.

The crowds will be significantly increased as it is the first day of the Christmas season at Disneyland. I know a LOT of us visit for the first views.

Hi all.

Thanks for posting! I was wondering the same thing. I will also be there on the 11th! I don’t have much to contribute but I wanted to tell you that just last year, I had the most awesome father daughter trip to Disney and I am 34! I don’t think you ever get too old to Disney with your dad. Have the best time!!

Thanks for posting! I was wondering the same thing. I will also be there on the 11th! I don’t have much to contribute but I wanted to tell you that just last year, I had the most awesome father daughter trip to Disney and I am 34! I don’t think you ever get too old to Disney with your dad. Have the best time!!
Thanks for this. I'm just working on the assumption that now that she's a (gulp) adult and away at university, there won't be too many more opportunities for us to 'Disney' together for a while - at least until/if she has a family of her own one day.

Since my wife is not a Disney fan, and it would feel weird to travel to Disney by myself (hello creepy middle aged man walking around the park all alone), it looks like this might be my last visit to the parks for a while. My little girl in the red sweatshirt in my avatar needs to spread her wings and should go travel the world with her friends, as much as I might secretly hope otherwise... I have a feeling I might be financing my therapist's next family vacation to Disney working thru this with her.

Yes, the 11th will be very busy partly because it is the start of a 3 day weekend but more because it is the first day of the Holiday Season and lots of people like to be there on the first day. There should be the Christmas Fantasy parade starting that day and it will probably run twice (based on prior years) once in the afternoon and once in the early evening (so due to the time of year it will be dark-ish) and to see that on the first day you would probably need to camp out a bit. Being that it is the first day you would probably also need to camp out for a good view of the fireworks as it will be the Christmas ones.

One tip is that while the Holiday Season doesn't start officially until the 11th the Festival of Holidays food booths in DCA usually soft open the day before so you can actually try some of the holiday treats on Thursday instead of trying to eat everything you want on Friday. In the past they have had some really good thing so take advantage of that!

Oh gosh-single adults or adults traveling with friends-super common and don’t hesitate a second about doing that! No one will think twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter