Enter you're ride break down experiences here...

splshmnt4evr

anxious 5 time wdw visiter
Just thought this would be a thread that a lot of people would get a kick out of.
Ok here's mine.
As we enter PW everything goes nice no line, no people basically. So we finally get in the vehicles or whatever their called, we start going and first sign of motion my dad starts spinning us. we manage to get up the first hill halfway but then the ride stops and we are stuck halfway down and up in an uncomfortable position. we sit there as the ride breaks down and no one does anything about us being stuck there for a good 30 minutes. eventually we are given a fastpass back to this ride at anytime in the day but of course my mom refuses to go on ever again.

Well, mine wasn't that bad.

We got stuck on Dinosaur towards the end where the dinosaurs are trying to drop the trees on you. It was completely dark with the jeep still rumbling. Very uncomfortable. But the worst part was my dd got yelled at over the speaker from a mystery cast member. We had kids in our jeep, including my own, that were getting scared not knowing what was going on. So my dd turned on her mini light-up Tinkerbell that she got on her drink at the Sci-Fi. They yelled at her to turn it off and didn't say anything else to us! We sat there for 10-15 minutes.

I warn you this is kind of gross!

We were on RRRC and at the end of the ride we stopped but were still in the dark ride part. We could see the brick walls of the "ally" ahead but we were still in the dark ride part.
Now I know there are probbaly safty features that would never let this happen but my imagination somethimes gets a little active and after a few min I started thinking this is not good. What if the next car crashes into us (of course DH and I were in very last seat). You could hear the other cars racing around the track.
So I'm getting really nervous but not saying anything cause I dont want to panic anyone else. The guy in front of us finally says "is this normal?" and I just said no. Again pretty sure we will be fine and dont want to panic everyone.

Finally they move us up and there is a man and his daughter standing there and the man was wiping himself off....I think the ride proved to be a bit too much for him and he was soaked from his chest to his knees!

I felt bad for him but said to DH why would he stand there and clean himself where EVERYONE getting out of the ride vehicles would see him. I would have ran to the bathroom in complete embarassment!! So DH (and his lovely sense of humor) says do you think he'd be upset if I took his picture:sad2: Of course he didnt but it was pretty funny (and gross)

I also had a second ride break down experience which involved me getting stuck next to brer frog(If that's his name) and his pole was going up and down but no audio was even being transmitted.

Last Oct, we were on ToT. It got to the "story" floor. And you know how after you see the family, it turns all starry and you move forward. We never moved forward. Our elevator was stuck with the doors shut. I have a fear of falling, but I was doing okay.

We had a wiseguy in our car who I think was just trying to keep his son calm. He was saying things like, call your mom, see if she'll bring us a pizza. And he made some more "jokes"--so funny I can't remember them all. :sad2:

Anyway, they lowered the elevator where we waited a little longer. Then a maintenance guy had to manually release us. They sent us to another car and we had to sit exactly as we were originally and the ride went fine.

We were hoping for some FPs (or at least an apology), but nothing. Probably 10-15 minutes total.

And who hasn't been stopped on the Haunted Mansion?

Oh here's another one. I was on POTC and we rode through(I was 4) My sis was only 7 and the audio was not functioning but everything else was. So my sister and I were both scared out of our minds and trying to get close to our parents. My sis is also a redhead and at one point during the ride the audio for "WE WANTS THE REDHEAD!" starts sounding off and my sister starts freaking out even more and my parents try their best to comfort her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter