Enrollment on Arrival question (NEXUS interviews)

chimo2u

DIS Veteran
So.... the new arrival on entry program might allow us to finally get my hubby his elusive interview to get his NEXUS card renewed! We are flying into MCO, USA on Oct 6, but our flight lands in Toronto, at 7 pm spend the night in the airport and leave on the 10:15 am flight in the morning Toronto to MCO. Now, I know we usually clear customs in Toronto, I believe??. So when would I Do this entry on arrival?? Hubby is conditionally approved for his nexus renewal, but requires this last step interview (not sure why as we applied for our renewals prior to the card expiring, but mine went through and his was conditionally approved with this one step remaining. When is the best time to get this done? (after check in for the Toronto Orlando leg?? (I plan to be there at 6 am for our 10:15 am flight) or after we land in Orlando at 1 pm?? Coming home on the 20th, We arrive in Toronto at 4 pm and only have 1 hr 45 minutes to connect for our Toronto to YEG flight leg, so that would not work for us! If I could do it when I land in the USA at 1:00 pm when we are going to Orlando that would be best!

All offices in Canada are still closed with no reopening plans at the moment due to labour negotiations. The only offices in the USA are in states that have land borders, sorry.
1661536502505.png

All offices in Canada are still closed with no reopening plans at the moment due to labour negotiations. The only offices in the USA are in states that have land borders, sorry.
View attachment 697284
There is a new pilot called Enrolment on arrival, you need no appointment if your landing from a international flight, you can get it done upon arriving if you are already conditionally accepted (like a renewal) this is what I was asking about , not the regular appointments as I know those have halted.

There is a new pilot called Enrolment on arrival, you need no appointment if your landing from a international flight, you can get it done upon arriving if you are already conditionally accepted (like a renewal) this is what I was asking about , not the regular appointments as I know those have halted.

*****Edited to remove my confusing thoughts! -- now I'm super confused, it looks like it's only for Global Entry which is a different program? I really don't know but heck, doesn't take much to confuse me without enough sleep

Last edited:

Keep in mind when you arrive at MCO from Pearson you will have already cleared US customs back in Toronto. According to the information I read there would be a lane at US customs international arrivals labeled "Enrollment on Arrival" and you would choose this line. Since you clear US customs at Pearson you will not travel through the US customs area in Orlando.

I have Nexus and I read up a bit on this program and it's still clear as mud at this point. I can't figure out if it applies to Nexus or just the Global Entry program.

Hopefully someone on here has more knowledge or you might have to do some more digging. Interested to know how it all turns out though.

Is "Enrollment on arrival" not solely for Global Entry? Even though Nexus comes with Global Entry, Nexus also requires vetting by the CBSA, so how would Enrollment on arrival work? As far as I was aware, Nexus interviews (unlike Global Entry interviews) need to be conducted at a Nexus enrollment center (which has both CBP and CBSA officers).

Is "Enrollment on arrival" not solely for Global Entry? Even though Nexus comes with Global Entry, Nexus also requires vetting by the CBSA, so how would Enrollment on arrival work? As far as I was aware, Nexus interviews (unlike Global Entry interviews) need to be conducted at a Nexus enrollment center (which has both CBP and CBSA officers).

This is the correct answer - NEXUS, Global Entry, and Pre-Check are all separate programs, although NEXUS conveys both Global Entry and Pre-Check benefits and Global Entry conveys Pre-Check benefits.

A NEXUS interview can only be performed at a NEXUS enrolment centre, of which all the ones on Canadian soil are closed. A Global Entry enrolment can occur at any airport capable of allowing Global Entry, which is the list of Enrolment on Arrival airports (including all Canadian airports with pre-clearance) listed on the CBP website.

Make sense?

This is the correct answer - NEXUS, Global Entry, and Pre-Check are all separate programs, although NEXUS conveys both Global Entry and Pre-Check benefits and Global Entry conveys Pre-Check benefits.

A NEXUS interview can only be performed at a NEXUS enrolment centre, of which all the ones on Canadian soil are closed. A Global Entry enrolment can occur at any airport capable of allowing Global Entry, which is the list of Enrolment on Arrival airports (including all Canadian airports with pre-clearance) listed on the CBP website.

Make sense?
Thanks that makes much more sense, so I guess hubby is sweet outta luck which is very weird because we applied for our renewal's back in 2020, prior to Nexus cards expiring (his was good until June 2021, mine, January 2021) for the longest time it showed on our status update page that HIS was the one that had not expired, and mine had... then we got a update stating we where conditionally approved..... then MY application got completely finished and approved and 3 weeks later received a new card in the mail, and hubby requires a interview again (sitting at conditional approval)?? soooo confusing as his did not even expire until June 27, 2021 and our renewal was in way before that!
Wish they'd open up interviews again! ugh.... or wish I lived close to a US enrollment office (live in Edmonton AB) so no where near me that is a US office

Make sense?
Some further clarification to this...

True, the interview a) needs to be conducted at a Nexus enrollment center and b) the ones on Canadian soil are currently closed.... However, there are some on US soil that can approve you into the program. The list by state can be consulted here https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/nexus/enrollment-centers . The one temporary drawback is that by not visiting a CBSA center is that Nexus Air (for entry into Canada by plane) would not be enabled... This however could be done post approval once operations resume in Canada

Some further clarification to this...

True, the interview a) needs to be conducted at a Nexus enrollment center and b) the ones on Canadian soil are currently closed.... However, there are some on US soil that can approve you into the program. The list by state can be consulted here https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/nexus/enrollment-centers . The one temporary drawback is that by not visiting a CBSA center is that Nexus Air (for entry into Canada by plane) would not be enabled... This however could be done post approval once operations resume in Canada
Not sure what that list is (and it seems it hasn't been updated since 2015). The list of Nexus Enrollment Centers in the U.S. is here: https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/schedulerui...=en&vo=true&returnUrl=ttp-external&service=nh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter