Enhanced Portrait Session- our Grand Floridian family pics

GinnyBear's_mom

DIS Veteran
On our August trip, my family (of 10) decided to get have a photo session to get a family portrait. We did this in 2009 at the Poly and we were happy with the results. Back then, the photopass photographers handled the photo shoots. Now, Disney event photography takes the pictures.

Scroll down below for pics :goodvibes

I called event photography in June and had a variety of dates, times and locations to choose from. We chose the Enhanced Portrait Session which includes an hour photo shoot, one photographer, an assistant, props, lighting equipment and retouching. I also included the add-on for the photo CD. We had three separate families going in on this, so the price wasn't bad split three ways.

We originally wanted the session to take place in the World Showcase, but couldn't fit it into our schedule with our ADRs that I had made months in advance. We decided upon the Grand Floridian at 5pm.

I received one confirmation email in June about 48 hours after I made the reservation. They told us to meet the photographer at the Grand Staircase. The photographer (Ty) and assistant (Amanda) were waiting for us at 5. They asked if we wanted photos inside or out. It was overcast and looked like a thunderstorm would break out at any minute, but they told us with the retouching and lighting it wouldn't be noticeable.

They were great with the kids, offered props and we went to several locations around the resort. There was about 10 minutes left and the kids were done with formal portraits, so the photographer offered to take pics of the kids running around the Alice's splash zone (we were not guests at GF, but he said that was OK). We were also given towels when it started to drizzle and the kids began splashing a little too much.

We received an email with a link to the photos three weeks after the photo session and the CD and photo book arrived the next week. There were about 80 pictures on the disc, which included color, sepia tone and black & white. We are all really happy with how they turned out :)

1186317_10201456686970795_1702608029_n.jpg

1384376_10201456690250877_1441821614_n.jpg

1385182_10201456692490933_1349900480_n.jpg

1209237_10201456693250952_954332043_n.jpg

1378193_10201456694690988_949902774_n.jpg

The package we chose was $450. That was $350 for the one hour session and $100 for the photo CD. This did not include any actual prints. However, since we ordered the high resolution photo CD, we have the rights to the pictures and can print them as we need them. There are less expensive options available.

If you need to cancel there is a $25 non-refundable deposit. In case of inclement weather, they will take pictures indoors.

Here is the email I received when I made the reservation:

This is to serve as a confirmation of the Enhanced Portrait Session recently scheduled with Disney Fine Art Photography. We are looking forward to capturing special memories that will last a lifetime!

You may be wondering…
When can I see my photos?
Approximately four (4) weeks following your Portrait Session you will receive an email including a link to your personal website and information on how to purchase prints or additional products. Your customized proof book will be shipped directly to the address listed above. This should arrive approximately two (2) to three (3) weeks following the website activation. On the cover of the book, we will be printing your family name and current year as indicated. “Wellborn Family 2013”

What can I do to make my portraits the best they can be?
Prior to your Portrait Session, we recommend viewing our website at www.disneyeventphotography.com. To view styling suggestions simply select the Portraits Tab then click on “Looking Your Best!”

What if I need to Cancel?
If for any reason you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call 407-934-4004 to discuss availability for an alternate date or time. Cancellations will be fully refunded with the exception of the $25 non-refundable deposit charged at the time of initial booking.

What do we do if there is Inclement Weather?
In cases of inclement weather: As there are many indoor options, portraits scheduled at any of our resort locations will remain as scheduled as planned. Portraits scheduled in a Disney Theme park will be rescheduled based on availability.

If you have any questions, please feel free to respond to this e-mail or contact us at 407-934-4004.

Thank you for choosing Disney Fine Art Photography. We look forward to Capturing the Magic of your visit.

Sincerely,

Karen Chandler
Coordinator for Portrait Sessions
Disney Fine Art Photography &Video
The Disney Event Group
Phone 407.934.4004
Fax 407.827.5055

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter