Engagement!!!

DisneyKrazee

Earning My Ears
::MickeyMo Hello everyone!!

Ive read so many different things :confused3 on the Blue Lagoon Restaurant, some saying that its only seafood others saying its also curries, etc. Please could you share your experiances , describing what you ate, where you sat, what it was like :sunny: ? Thanks :wizard:
Im going to Disney Paris with my girlfriend princess: and Im going to propose :love: to her in the Disneyland Castle :cloud9: does anyone know the best place in the castle as Ive never been to disney before?! :confused3 Like a balcony or window? :rolleyes:
Afterwards Id like to take her tot he Blue Lagoon restaurant and was wondering how to get a seat overlooking the boats? :wizard:
And lastly (sorry to be a pain!) is there anywhere is disney(park) paris that sells rings or should I buy one before we go?? :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Thanks for your help everyone!! Much appreciated as Ive never been before!!
:love2: :cheer2: :bride:

Cheers!

You can go upstairs in the castle and go outside on a balcony that over looks fantasyland. There are usually alot of people milling about the castle so dont expect privacy.

To get a table next to the water at the Blue Lagoon just ask for it when you make the reservation at city hall. We got one without a problem. As far as the food is concerned , I didnt care for it. I got the fixed price menu and everything tasted as if it had been prepared in advance and was not very good IMHO. The majority of the dishes are seafood.

I VASTLY perfered Walt's. The food is much better and the dining experience is more elegant. Walt's is only open for lunch however.

I would get the ring ahead of time.

Wow what a great place to propose! If you go into the castle you can go upstairs (staircase on the left as you enter the castle from Main Street). Upstairs there is a room with stained glass windows and tapestries telling the story of Sleeping Beauty - this is really nice and also has the outside balcony looking over Fantasyland that MorganB has described. MorganB is right, there will be people around, but that's going to be true all over the park.

Haven't eaten at the Blue Lagoon so I can't comment on the food but having been on Pirates of the Caribbean I can say the setting looks lovely. Try and book a table as soon as possible and ask for a seat by the boats - surely they would help you out if you told them it was such a special occasion (without letting your girlfriend know in advance of course!!)

Can't imagine they sell rings at DLP so I'd say buy beforehand. Good luck (let us know how it goes!!!)

Rhiannon :wizard:

Thanks everyone :teeth:
- you dont know how much help you've been :cloud9: ! The balcony and stained glass room int he castle ::MickeyMo sounds great :wizard: !!
Will let you know how it goes :love: ! Thanks again!! :cheer2:

Who said romance is dead :wizard:
I'm sure your girlfriend will be thrilled.
I'd agree about buying the ring before hand. Bought rings as gifts for nieces. But nothing that would endear you to your future fiance.

Reid

That's so romantic - lucky girl!!! princess: The stained glass window room upstairs in the Castle will certainly be memorable!! :lovestruc Just a thought - are you sure you know what sort of ring she'll want? I think most girls have definite ideas of what they want when they get engaged so maybe a "temporary" ring until you can choose one together rather than splashing out loads of money? Anyway - it's none of my business and I'm sure she'll be thrilled with whatever you decide! :love2: Have a wonderful trip and a great celebration!! :love:

My husband proposed to me in Fantasia Gardens in front of the Disneyland Hotel where we were staying in Oct 2002. It was quite late in the evening, about 10.30, and he went down on one knee. With all the fountains, lights music and magic - I cried!

Hello, My husband proposed to me infront of that very same castle!!! It is my favorite of the Disney castles and not just because of the memories, the grounds are beautiful the interior is wonderful and the balconies are great (the dragons lair is unbelieveable!!) I think anywhere in or around the castle would be perfect, do it where it feels right! I don't remember if there is a wishing well at that castle but it would be cute if you took her to that and asked her to make a wish. Then you could say something like "do you want to know what I wished for" and that's when you could ask her!!!! sigh........ :love:
If all things go accordingly, I would get one of those personalized stepping stones made that go infront of the park as a remebrance of the occasion.

We ate at the Blue Lagoon, the setting was great!!!!! pirate: To be honest with you it was in 2002 so I don't remember what we ordered, but I do remember we loved it and had no complaints at all. :p I'm gonna try to dig out our photo from the dinner and post it once I find it. When we were there it wasn't too crowded so we were able to just ask for a seat next to the water.

About the ring, I would just save the hastle and purchase one beforehand, but make sure you keep it on you and you don't pack it in your suitcase!!! But then again I agree with diberry, unless you know exactly what she wants you might want to do a temporary ring until you can browse together. You don't want to spend loads of money if you aren't certain about the style. My husband actually did that for me and I LOVE my ring! I actually showed him a few settings and stone shapes that I loved and had him decide from there, it was still a bit of a surprise that way. :Pinkbounc

You will love FRANCE!!! I loved it there. :lovestruc Will you be staying on property while there? We stayed at the Disney hotel there and LOVED IT!! I soooooo recommend it, the rooms were huge, especially after being in Paris the week beforehand!

Well good luck! Please please please let us now how it turns out. When is your trip scheduled for?

:earboy2:

How come you said you'd never been to Disney before but in another thread you said you'd been 3 times DisneyKrazee? Are you testing us to see if we're paying attention????????????????????????????

LMAO :rotfl2:
OOOOOOOO I never thoguht you'd be checking up on me! But since you are being nosey - it just so happens that my girlfriend shares this username with me- and before you ask no she cant look on this page because Ive blcoked it and she respects my rpivacy anyways.

BTW- Scared off? No just working- I do live in Britain!

OK - "whatever" - as you young people say! :sunny: It's just a bit confusing for the rest of us if we don't know who we're talking to. :confused3 BTW, how do you block someone from a page? Not that I would want to - I just didn't know it was possible. And incidentally, what does LMAO mean?
Sorry if you thought I was being nosy :guilty: - it was just that I visit this board every day and noticed the 2 pieces of conflicting information. Maybe I should get out more!!!!! :rotfl:
Anyway - have a good trip in May and let us know how it went. :wave2:

DisneyKrazee, no, we're not nosey on this board:( but we all like to share our thoughts and experiences with our fellow Disers. This DLP board is quiet compared to some of the other Disboards:disrocks:, therefore we've all got to "know" one another quite well and we're only being friendly!:wave:

I was also confused:confused3, I gather its your GF who has visited DLP and put up the post about the hotels and that May will be your first visit.

Perhaps you could sign your name (doesn't have to be your real one!) at the bottom of your posts so we know whether its you::MickeyMo or your GF::MinnieMo. I would hate to put my foot in it!LOL:rotfl:

DisneyKrazee thanks for clearing up the confusion, I think ;)

I've found everyone on this board very helpful, never nosey :guilty:

As suggested signing off will be a good way of ensuring that we don't give away the game :)

Reid

Im not a "young person" :rotfl2:
LMAO means laughing my a*s off
and yes you can block people from pages with broadband!

Thanks again.

18 sounds pretty darned young from where I'm standing!!! :rotfl: LMAO is a great acronym - I'll remember that one for future reference - thanks!! ;)

You all seem like decent friendly helpful people :goodvibes apart from "diberry" who seems :confused3 to be sarcastic, stuck up, rude, abbrasive :sad2: and just likes to have the last word.
However I apologise to everyone for the confusion and my aparent insults if i have offended anyone :guilty: , I just tend to be on my guard when it comes to personal issues. :goodvibes

To clear things up for you"diberry" my g/f is 18 and I am 21 even though this is NONE of your business whatsoever.

:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter