Engagement Trip Questions ( HELP!!)

Goose

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. This weekend, I'm planning a trip to propose to my girlfriend. We're staying at the Polynesian ( a surprise for her, she thinks it's pop century). We're getting in town on Wed. and I plan on doing it on Sat. ( Two of our friends are coming into town then, again a surprise) during Wishes. Two questions, first of all, are there any somewhat secluded places to watch the show and pull this off. Second, at the Poly, do they have a safe at the front desk where I could keep the ring, I'm kind of afraid of leaving it in the room's safe, plus I may not be able to wait until Sat to pop the question. Also, is there a bakery close by, I want to have a cake in our room when we get back for all of us to have a little celebration that night. BTW garden view room, requested 3rd floor Fiji. Does this sound like a good plan, any hints would be appreciated.:confused:

First of all congrats! I porposed to my fiance in the MK about 6 months ago, and we're planning our WDW for 13 months from now. We're actaully staying at the poly for the wedding, and i even did the suprise upgrade from a value resort (in my case from ASMo to PoR) the trip prior.
First of all, make sure the towncar driver knows its a suprise that you're at the poly. outherwise, they ruin the suprise. but if you're driving, make sure you have a second set of directions to Pop, just in case she goes looking for directions.

make sure you fax the poly (407-824-3174) your room request, and mention that you plan on proposing. you never know what extra magic they might give you.

there's 2 beautiful beaches at the poly that overlooks the castle. one is right by the pool, and the second is about 70 yards to the right (if you're looking at the castle). the second is much more seculded and quiet. or you can watch from sunset pointe (the spot we're getting married at) which is right between the two.

they front desk does have a safe. when you check in have your gf hang behind and look at the great garden they have in the lobby. as you're taking to the castemeber tell them you have an engagement ring that you'd like to leave in their safe, and ask them to call your room in about 30 minutes. then you can tell your gf that they had a problem with the paperwork, and you have to run to the lobby for a minute.

i'm sure someone else will be able to help you with the bakery thing, but i believe there's only one at the floridian.

~ chris

sounds like you've gotten incredible advice already so i'll just add CONGRATULATIONS and i hope it all goes as you're dreaming!!!

geek

Thanks for the advice. I did insure the ring as soon as I picked it up. Does anyone think that trying to propose during the fireworks at MK a bad idea, a few people at work thought I was crazy that it wasn't going to be in a more private place. BTW, sorry it took so long for me to reply, but was at work. :wave2:

Congratulations! It's very special getting engaged at Disney (I should know, I got engaged and married there). You've gotten some great advice but I think the MK during wishes would not be very private. It's real crowded especially on Saturday night!

First off congrats on the proposal, I am sure she will love all that you are doing to make it really Disney Special. As others said before I am almost positive that the Poly will work with you in your planning and even go the extra mile. As for as during the fireworks depending on where you are it may be too loud, unless you do it in the very early part of wishes. How ever if you like a more out of the way place which usually does not get a lot of traffic, I will suggest the wishing well. As you look at the Castle from the front, there is a little pathway near the castle to the right of it, and in there is the Wishing Well from Snow White. But no matter where you choose to propose to your girl friend, the Magic that is Disney is more then enough to make it really rememberable. Congrats again.

Larry

I did it right at the end of the MK fireworks show a few years back. We watched the fireworks on the beach just to the GF side of the Wedding Chapel (coincidence? of course not). We had perfect view of the fireworks and didn't see anybody else around - and that was during spring break.

Good luck!

Hello,

I have a few suggestions for you to ponder. One time that might be nice to propose at the MK would be as the park closes, when they do the "Kiss Goodnight" on the castle. You might be able to find an official WDW photographer to arrange to be in the area of the hub at a pre-determined time, and he could snap a few photos as you propose. That way you would get a nice picture of your proposal, highlighted by the lights on the castle, and without the bustle of the crowds during the fireworks. Even if your intended saw an official photographer lingering around, it would not seem unusual, as they frequent that area of the MK.

Hope that helps,

Take care,

Bill

Congratulations on your upcoming proposal! Your idea sounds wonderful to me. As far as the cake goes, the Grand Floridian Bakery makes all of Disney's wedding cakes (they are fabulous). I am sure they would be able to make you a small cake to celebrate your engagement. I don't have a direct number to the bakery, but I would imagine that you could just call the GF's main number and ask to be connected to the bakery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter