Engaged at Aulani! A Mini TR :)- Updated 9/26/23!

Aww congrats! Best wishes to you and Jake! Such a beautiful ring too! He has good taste! Definitely a keeper! Have so much fun planning the wedding. Today is my 4 year wedding anniversary and it FLIES by so fast!

Although I didn’t come close to finishing all of it, I wanted to try a little bit of everything. Thumbs down to the mac salad and poi (it tasted like paper), but MAJOR thumbs up to the chicken, kahlua pork, macadamia nut brownie, and mashed purple sweet potatoes!

We loved the show and had an amazing time. It definitely wasn’t in-your-face Disney (I could have used even more Disney touches), but followed a great storyline.

Congratulations. I agree with your thoughts on the Luau and the food (although I liked the Mac Salad). I've tried poi multiple times and I didn't like it.

Congratulations!!! 🎉

We just got back from a Standard View stay, and we had asked for a high floor (6 or 7) when we made our reservations. There are only a handful of Standard View rooms, and they’re pretty much on floors 2-7 in that one section of the hotel. The view from the 7th floor is much nicer, so next time you go, send a request in as soon as you make your reservation and ask for a high floor if possible. Tell them your coming back to celebrate getting engaged there, and I’m sure they’ll do their best on the room preference. (Unless of course you want to splurge on a better view).

Real Life Update- Wedding and Honeymoon!

Hello everyone! I’m fully aware that I’m (maybe unnecessarily) resurrecting a mini-TR that I wrote a year ago :) But, I thought it would be fitting to blog about! The last time you saw us, we were newly engaged at Aulani…

But now…

WE’RE MARRIED!!

Jake and I got married in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on September 22, 2023. It was an absolute dream. I had dealt with a fair amount of stress and anxiety during the planning process, but on the actual day, I felt this amazing sense of calm and serenity. The day could not have gone more perfect.

Getting ready…

My amazing mom!

Our first look :)

Our awesome bridal party! They kept us sane that entire day!

MY HANDSOME HUSBAND!!!!!

We didn’t have an outright Disney-themed wedding, but we really tried to reflect the “fairytale” feeling and we had some subtle Disney touches.

Our venue was at this awesome multi-level space in our hometown of Milwaukee. We had our ceremony in their upstairs area. It had lots of natural light and gave off very regal vibes! While people were entering and being seated, we played Disney classics performed by Midnite String Quartet. Then, Jake and the wedding party processed to an instrumental version of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight." :)

Finally married!

Then, while they flipped the upstairs space for dinner and dancing, guests got to enjoy cocktail hour in their AWESOME speakeasy downstairs! This gave me very “Disney” vibes with it’s cool, vintage theming and secret rooms.

This space was also open all night if people wanted to take a break or hang out in a more intimate environment!

We focused on soft blues and pinks for florals and decor for a “dreamy” look. We were absolutely floored at how they were able to flip the upstairs space!!

Had to have a Cinderella and Prince Charming cake topper 🙂

Our first dance as husband and wife :)

Had to share this funny pic from the end of the night… clearly, taking 3 tequila shots in a row wasn’t the smartest idea… #overserved.

Overall, it was the perfect weekend. We stayed at the historic Pfister hotel in Milwaukee, and celebrated the next day with a very classy dinner of Pizza Hut and leftover wedding cake, haha!

And the great news is, the celebration isn’t over yet!!!!!! We head off for our two-week Hawaii honeymoon on Saturday 9/30 (IN 5 DAYS)!!! We are SO excited and over the moon to be back. We are spending the first 4 nights at Aulani, the next 4 nights at 1Hotel Hanalei Bay in Kauai, and the last 6 nights at the Fairmont Orchid on the Big Island!!

I’m hoping to share another Aulani TR once we are back. We’re going to need something to fight the post-honeymoon depression!!

]

So excited to celebrate our new O’hana :)

Last edited:
Wow, what beautiful wedding photos! Congratulations!!

I am also from Wisconsin and honeymooned in Hawaii (Oahu and Kaui). We loved the Lava Lava Beach Club at sunset and the Smith Family Garden Luau. Both on Kaui.

Have an amazing time!

Congrats!

We stayed at Hanalei Bay for our honeymoon 26 years ago. It is still one of our favorite resorts we've ever stayed at! We also love the Big Island. Make sure you visit Tex Drive Inn for the best malasadas ever.

I'm so glad you decided to do a little update here!! Your wedding pictures are absolutely gorgeous! You know we love Milwaukee and have been there SO many times, but i'd never heard of your venue--it's pretty incredible!

Congratulations to you both!! Have the most amazing Honeymoon (it sounds like it will be!) and we'll be here waiting to hear all about it! :wave2:

Congratulations! You look absolutely stunning and so happy! I followed along a little bit on instagram! #stalker lol. I wish you a life of happiness! We also honeymooned in Hawaii and loved every minute of it! Enjoy the "calm" after the storm!

Ohhh congratulations! What a gorgeous ceremony and reception. Your dress is stunning and I loved the color palette you chose, all those soft tones really do evoke a Disney vibe.

I am formally asking for a honeymoon trip report, I LOVE Hawaii and got married on the Big Island.
We try to go back to the Hawaiian islands every chance we get. I know you will have a fantastic time!

Congrats! We honeymooned in Oahu and Maui. We returned to Oahu this past August with our children and spent half of our trip at Aulani, and had the most amazing time, we will be back! Looking forward to your honeymoon TR!

Wow, what beautiful wedding photos! Congratulations!!

I am also from Wisconsin and honeymooned in Hawaii (Oahu and Kaui). We loved the Lava Lava Beach Club at sunset and the Smith Family Garden Luau. Both on Kaui.

Have an amazing time!
Thank you so much!!! Yay, fellow Wisconsinite :) We loved Lava Lava Beach Club too- but we ate at the one on the Big Island!!
Congrats!

We stayed at Hanalei Bay for our honeymoon 26 years ago. It is still one of our favorite resorts we've ever stayed at! We also love the Big Island. Make sure you visit Tex Drive Inn for the best malasadas ever.
1 Hotel Hanalei Bay resort was UNREAL. It was something out of a dream!! Awww, we didn't make it to Tex Drive-Inn, but I loved the malasadas at Punaluu Bake Shop on the Big Island!
hoʻomaikaʻi
Mahalo :)
I'm so glad you decided to do a little update here!! Your wedding pictures are absolutely gorgeous! You know we love Milwaukee and have been there SO many times, but i'd never heard of your venue--it's pretty incredible!

Congratulations to you both!! Have the most amazing Honeymoon (it sounds like it will be!) and we'll be here waiting to hear all about it! :wave2:
Hi Jackie!!!!! Thank you so much for the kind words!! :) I love that you love Milwaukee (it's kind of like Chicago's little sister, haha)!

Love that you followed along on snapchat, hehe!!! Hope you and the fam are doing well!
Beautiful!!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing!!!
Thank you so much!!! :)
Congratulations! You look absolutely stunning and so happy! I followed along a little bit on instagram! #stalker lol. I wish you a life of happiness! We also honeymooned in Hawaii and loved every minute of it! Enjoy the "calm" after the storm!
Thank you so much Katie!!! Love that you followed along with everything :) It was soooo perfect and the exact "calm" that we needed!
Ohhh congratulations! What a gorgeous ceremony and reception. Your dress is stunning and I loved the color palette you chose, all those soft tones really do evoke a Disney vibe.

I am formally asking for a honeymoon trip report, I LOVE Hawaii and got married on the Big Island.
We try to go back to the Hawaiian islands every chance we get. I know you will have a fantastic time!
Thank you so much!!! We had the most amazing time :) First post of the honeymoon TR complete, haha!
Congratulations and looking forward to your honeymoon trip report
Thank you so much, hope you'll read along!! :)
Congrats! We honeymooned in Oahu and Maui. We returned to Oahu this past August with our children and spent half of our trip at Aulani, and had the most amazing time, we will be back! Looking forward to your honeymoon TR!
Thank you thank you!! We truly had an incredible time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter