End of night at AK with teens: RoL or FoP standby?

PinkMagnolia

I love the Haunted Mansion
I will be traveling with DH and two teen boys. We have one evening and two mornings planned at AK.

We have not done FoP or seen RoL yet. I'm not sure if my group will be "meh" about RoL, or if we should go in the standby line for FoP instead to take advantage of a shorter wait (I have a FP+ on two different days later on during our trip)

Help me decide what to do!

Flight Of Passage if you have teen age boys. We had to do standby for a 2nd ride at closing in June (8 year old girl).

I will be traveling with DH and two teen boys. We have one evening and two mornings planned at AK.

We have not done FoP or seen RoL yet. I'm not sure if my group will be "meh" about RoL, or if we should go in the standby line for FoP instead to take advantage of a shorter wait (I have a FP+ on two different days later on during our trip)

Help me decide what to do!
FoP.
Another option, not that you asked, is EE during RoL. At that time it us usually a walk on and can be done over and over with no wait.

I have 2 teen sons at home and 1 teen nephew currently on fop literally at this very moment in line for rd for 9 pm park opening! fop.

How long is the wait usually very close to closing time for FOP? Our FP window open on Tues and if I can't get a FP we may have to do standby at closing time.

We have an almost 6 year old and she says FOP. ROL is pretty, but not as exciting as the other night time shows at Disney World.

FoP. Not even a close call. RoL is good, but no where near as good as HEA or Illuminations.
FoP is one of , if not the best ride at WDW.

FoP. Not even a close call. RoL is good, but no where near as good as HEA or Illuminations.
FoP is one of , if not the best ride at WDW.

Completely agree. We just returned and FOP is absolutely one of, it not the best attraction at WDW. You have to go through the standby line though too so try to work in a standby ride at closing. All of the capacity goes to standby after park close so the wait time is not nearly as long as what is posted. We did it several times throughout our stay for FOP, SDD, and Space Mtn.

FOP. Since it's your one evening in AK, you can see Pandora at night. I haven't ridden FOP yet either, but that would be my choice.

Thanks for the feedback - I'm all for seeing something new (RoL), but I have a feeling they will adore FoP. This evening is on day 1 of our trip (hopping over after a break), and our FP+s are much later on day 6 and 9.

FoP it is! Thanks for helping me make the decision.

Last edited:
Flight Of Passage if you have teen age boys. We had to do standby for a 2nd ride at closing in June (8 year old girl).

I will have my 7 year old daughter there in October and may be in a similar situation. I am curious how close to closing did you get in line and how long was the wait?

FoP.
Another option, not that you asked, is EE during RoL. At that time it us usually a walk on and can be done over and over with no wait.

We also love EE, and are planning on RDing it at riding it as much as we can the first hour! On our other RD day, we will do Navi, then make our way to KS.

How long is the wait usually very close to closing time for FOP? Our FP window open on Tues and if I can't get a FP we may have to do standby at closing time.

If you get in line right before the park closes, there will not be any more FP+ returning guests coming through, so only standby riders. The posted wait is much higher than the wait will be. I'm not really sure what recent experience has been - But I'd guess somewhere around 30-45 minutes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter