End of May vs end of June

Surfinpiratee

DIS Veteran
Can decide between sometime within the last 2 weeks of May (Memorial day included), or the last week of June (Toy Story will not be open yet)

As far as crowds/weather which would you choose? Is it much of a difference?

Haven't been during the end of May, but have been many times in late June. From what I hear about late May, I don't think it really makes any difference. Neither are Christmas levels of busy. Both will be hot (which is awesome, IMO).

We have done late may 2016 ( the week before till Memorial Day) and late June 25 to July 4th 2017. Crowds were a little lower in May, but not by much (most days are 6 and 7). June 2017 had national beta club convention so the first three days were 8s but manageable with a plan.

Weather was slightly cooler in may, but still in the 90s most days.

One plus about late may is that the flower and garden festival is usually still occurring at Epcot in which we love to partake in all the food and drink. Also, most schools let out in June.

We had a great trip with both dates. I don't think that you could go wrong with either.

We've done 5 late May trips within the last 7 years. The weather has always cooperated and remained hot, dry and sunny (experienced rain on our May 2017 trip, but it was only for one afternoon). Sadly, we won't be going in May anymore since our kids are in middle school now.

I've been once to WDW in late June/early July and it was humid and soaking wet with severe thunderstorms every afternoon that lasted for hours the entire week!

We like to go in May, right as soon as the kids get out of school (Friday before Memorial Day). It is hot then, there is some rain, but probably about the same weather as late June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter