Enchanted Tales with Belle...

PrincessDisneyMomx2

Mouseketeer
My dd5 just wants to meet Belle.. is the Enchanted Tales with Belle good character interaction? Does she take pictures and sign autographs?

My dd5 just wants to meet Belle..

is the Enchanted Tales with Belle
1. good character interaction?
2. Does she take pictures
3. and sign autographs?

1. Not one-on-one.
2. Yes. One.
3. Nope.

This is not a "Meet and Greet" situation.

No real interaction on a personal level. Some are selected to participate in the story telling. After they get a quick photo with her, as well as other kids in audience who want. Very quick. No autographs. It is something different and can be memorable but it's not personal.

The best Belle interaction is the Akershus breakfast / dinner with the princesses. You get a commemorative photo with Belle ( unless they've changed that since our last visit) or meal at CRT.

We had a child in our group who managed to have a fairly personal experience. She was maybe 3, dressed in a Belle costume, and totally infatuated with Belle. The Belle in our session was wonderful with her and it seemed to make that child's day. Adult Belle spent a nice amount of time with that child and posed for far more pics with her than with any of the other children. The photos were at the discretion of the photopass photographer, so he added to the magic of the moment, too. None of the other kids appeared to be upset by this. On the contrary, several people (adults, yes, but there were no sad children to be seen) were making comments about how adorable it was that the child was so mesmerized by Belle.

The rest of the kids had a very brief chat with Belle when they stood next to her and about 3 or so photopass shots each. There was a group shot taken, too. It was a sweet experience to witness. Even though we didn't know the little girl, it made us happy just to see pixie dust being sprinkled.

So not everyone in the audience (adults) get to take picture with Belle?

Everyone in the room who wanted a photo with Belle was invited to have one taken. Our group was mostly kid photos, but a few adults who were in the show had their photos taken, too. i'm pretty sure all the kids in the room took a photo, and every child had a chance to be in the show if he or she wished.

Belle also has a "normal" meet and greet at Epcot in France, but she only appears in her blue peasant dress, not the yellow ball gown.

So not everyone in the audience (adults) get to take picture with Belle?

By design, the audience does not get photos with Belle, only the participants ... but I have seen them allow a child in the audience to come up as well for photos.

When we've gone only the adults that were in the "show" took photos. I have been when the kids not in the show were never really invited to be in pictures, they just went up with others. I have never had a Belle spend extra time. I think it will depend on the Belle, the photographer and the lines outside.

Last edited:
Our experience has been the same, unless someone is selected to play a part in the story, don't expect any personal interaction with Belle. This isn't to say it won't happen, but it's the exception as they need to keep things moving for the crowd that's waiting to get in for the next show. She's also declined every autograph request I've seen made of her.

My DD was too shy to be in the show, so they invited her up to take photos with Belle afterward. It was really special, however the meet in Epcot in France was simply one of the best we had all trip.

If it's just 2 adults (mom and 28-year son), do you think it's worth our time to watch this?

If it's just 2 adults (mom and 28-year son), do you think it's worth our time to watch this?

The kids are usually pretty adorable and the effects are pretty neat so it's something fun to do if the line isn't too long. Just make sure you go in knowing that you are watching a show, not meeting a character.

I found this attraction like a Meet and Greet on steroids.
You don't get an autograph, but your child potentially gets to be in the show WITH Belle and get a one-on-one photo with her (via Photo Pass as well). Shy children can still come up and get a photo with Belle even if they didn't get to be in the show (that was my son .. who was only 3 at the time). It was amazing as she took the time to bend down and throw her arms wide open waiting while my star-struck son eventually ran to her and gave her a big hug. The look on his eyes were priceless.
They even give you a keepsake (a bookmark).

To me .. it is BETTER than waiting than a typical "wait in a long line" meet and greet.
It is immersive, magical and dare-I-say --- enchanting! Entertaining for the kids and the parents alike.

A truly magical and unique attraction and different way to meet a favorite character.

It sounds like our experience must have been due to rain. We were there on a very rainy TH in January. The group was not large at all, and everyone waiting fit in at one time. No one was left waiting for the next show. Since our daughter is older, it was most likely our first and only time to do this so I'm glad it worked out as well as it did since it sounds like this is not typical.

If your daughter likes Belle take her to The Enchanted Tales! It's cute and kids like it. But be sure to schedule a time for a Meet and Greet

I found this attraction like a Meet and Greet on steroids.
You don't get an autograph, but your child potentially gets to be in the show WITH Belle and get a one-on-one photo with her (via Photo Pass as well). Shy children can still come up and get a photo with Belle even if they didn't get to be in the show (that was my son .. who was only 3 at the time). It was amazing as she took the time to bend down and throw her arms wide open waiting while my star-struck son eventually ran to her and gave her a big hug. The look on his eyes were priceless.
They even give you a keepsake (a bookmark).

To me .. it is BETTER than waiting than a typical "wait in a long line" meet and greet.
It is immersive, magical and dare-I-say --- enchanting! Entertaining for the kids and the parents alike.

A truly magical and unique attraction and different way to meet a favorite character.

I respectfully disagree. We hate it because it is the only way to meet Belle in her gold dress without booking a meal at Akershus. If they had ETWB in addition to meeting Belle in her gold dress in the parks (not a paid for meal) somewhere, then it would be nice. The fact that this is the only place you can meet Belle in her gold dress causes issues. First, more than once we have seen little girls crying because not only were they too shy to be in the show, but they really wanted to see Belle and get their picture taken, but not if it meant having to stand up in front of the whole seated audience to get their picture taken because they were too shy for that too. One time we watched a little girl in a princess dress taken out at the end crying that she didn't get to meet Belle- it was so sad. Another time, I flagged down a CM because there were 2 little girls near us crying that they weren't meeting Belle and the CM was kind enough to try to get them to go up for photos, and when they would not she had Belle go over and briefly talk to them after the photo line came through and before she left the room. Also, the quick photopass snap causes issues. Unless you are positioned close to the area where the photos are taken, you can not take your own pictures. I have seen CMs tell parents who have gotten up to walk over to try to get a photo as their child got close in line to sit back down. One of the times we went, I was lucky I had been close enough to get a photo, because the entire session was lost on photopass. After contacting Disney because our code did not work, I got an E-mail that due to technical difficulties the photos from that session of ETWB were lost and would not be available. I felt so sorry for the family whose adorable son was chosen to be the Beast, and I hope they managed to get a video or photo or two of their own. Also, if there are a lot of kids in the session, as they crank them through for photopass- depending on the photographer- they can snap and move before the child is even standing still or gets a chance to say 2 words to Belle. One of the times we did it, DD's photopass photo was a complete blur - if it was her first and only time meeting Belle, we would not have been happy. Plus, we always buy all the photopass pics, but for some people having to pay for a picture of their child with Belle is an unwarranted expense. My DD loves meeting the characters- even though she has met them before. Our first trip after it opened, she enjoyed ETWB -although, she did mention she barely got to speak to Belle. We did it a couple of times. The next trip, she really wanted to see Belle, but after seeing the show (really not a show just a story telling session). already a couple of times, she had to weigh whether having to go through the show again was worth it to meet Belle. That time she did it, and only marginally enjoyed the show. I want to say we did it one more time after that, but now, she weighs sitting through it with her desire to meet Belle and settles for Blue Dress Belle. She really wants a picture with gold dress Belle, but not if she has to sit through ETWB again and again. If they had a separate meet and greet in the Gold dress in any of the 4 parks, then the show would be a cute option for little kids.

I respectfully disagree. We hate it because it is the only way to meet Belle in her gold dress without booking a meal at Akershus. If they had ETWB in addition to meeting Belle in her gold dress in the parks (not a paid for meal) somewhere, then it would be nice. The fact that this is the only place you can meet Belle in her gold dress causes issues. First, more than once we have seen little girls crying because not only were they too shy to be in the show, but they really wanted to see Belle and get their picture taken, but not if it meant having to stand up in front of the whole seated audience to get their picture taken because they were too shy for that too. One time we watched a little girl in a princess dress taken out at the end crying that she didn't get to meet Belle- it was so sad. Another time, I flagged down a CM because there were 2 little girls near us crying that they weren't meeting Belle and the CM was kind enough to try to get them to go up for photos, and when they would not she had Belle go over and briefly talk to them after the photo line came through and before she left the room. Also, the quick photopass snap causes issues. Unless you are positioned close to the area where the photos are taken, you can not take your own pictures. I have seen CMs tell parents who have gotten up to walk over to try to get a photo as their child got close in line to sit back down. One of the times we went, I was lucky I had been close enough to get a photo, because the entire session was lost on photopass. After contacting Disney because our code did not work, I got an E-mail that due to technical difficulties the photos from that session of ETWB were lost and would not be available. I felt so sorry for the family whose adorable son was chosen to be the Beast, and I hope they managed to get a video or photo or two of their own. Also, if there are a lot of kids in the session, as they crank them through for photopass- depending on the photographer- they can snap and move before the child is even standing still or gets a chance to say 2 words to Belle. One of the times we did it, DD's photopass photo was a complete blur - if it was her first and only time meeting Belle, we would not have been happy. Plus, we always buy all the photopass pics, but for some people having to pay for a picture of their child with Belle is an unwarranted expense. My DD loves meeting the characters- even though she has met them before. Our first trip after it opened, she enjoyed ETWB -although, she did mention she barely got to speak to Belle. We did it a couple of times. The next trip, she really wanted to see Belle, but after seeing the show (really not a show just a story telling session). already a couple of times, she had to weigh whether having to go through the show again was worth it to meet Belle. That time she did it, and only marginally enjoyed the show. I want to say we did it one more time after that, but now, she weighs sitting through it with her desire to meet Belle and settles for Blue Dress Belle. She really wants a picture with gold dress Belle, but not if she has to sit through ETWB again and again. If they had a separate meet and greet in the Gold dress in any of the 4 parks, then the show would be a cute option for little kids.
Understood.

IF your main goal is a specific "Belle" (With a certain dress) M&G this isn't the attraction for you. For us .. it was like an attraction and M&G all rolled into one. We didn't know what to expect when we went in and enjoyed it.

But, yes, if you want that specific and intimate M&G photo, find her elsewhere I guess. With the popularity of characters Disney could devote a whole theme park to nothing but character M&Gs :)

We like ETWB quite a bit - it's a must do for my DD. She was thrilled to be chosen to be Maurice our last time.

But there was a family who got really, really upset that a CM told them that Belle would not sign their autogragh book - they actually stormed out in the middle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter