Enchanted Tales with Belle as Meet and Greet?

I hoped this was the case (and maybe it usually is?) but I have read a few reviews online, including one reply here, who said this happened in January... where the cast members require you to stay in your seats and will not allow you to get up to take a photo of your child.
You do have free movement. Do not let a CM bully you. What is the CM going to do if you get up? Tackle you? I don't think so. Inform them you don't have MM (even if you do) and you want a photo

Thank you! I had read online that the Cast Members make you stay seated, so if you don’t have a good seat, then you can’t get your own photo. But it sounds like they let you get up to take a photo of your own?

We have done it multiple times and it depends entirely on the CM. Usually any child can get in line to take a photo with Belle at the end of the show, but they may not announce it- you just have to know to get in the line. I have seen an adult or two get in the line, but I don't know what would happen if a bunch of adults tried to get into the line in the same show. You can't necessarily take pictures with your own camera. We have been there more than once when parents started to move to where the photos were being taken that they were told to remain seated and that photos were being taken and they would get the information to access them. Also, be aware that if you use your own camera, you are not allowed to use a flash in that room. If you want to get a picture with your own camera sit on the center aisle. That is usually near where the photos are taken. I have been able to stand up and take one from that spot even when parents have been told to remain in their seats. Unfortunately, because of the lighting and no flash- the photos in there are not always the greatest. The kids do barely get to say a few words to Belle- they often do really rush them through. It really stinks that this is the only Belle meet and greet at MK. My DD is older now. She still loves the Princesses and Belle is one of her absolute favorites, but she has given up Enchanted Tales with Belle, because she says she was just tired of having to go through the whole show just to get her picture with Belle.

Going from memory which could be fuzzy here, but when we’ve done this I thought everyone can have their picture with Belle at the end, regardless of if you have a “part” in the scene.
Yes, when we were there in March, my daughter, granddaughter and daughter-in-law all had there picture taken even though they had not been in the show. hey will allow anyone who wants a picture to get in line behind the participants.

I have been many times and never had a CM say that. I would have ignored the CM myself. There is no reason at all to forbid photos. Not everyone buys MM

We had never had it happen before, maybe they were doing it to move things along more quickly for some reason.

We had never had it happen before, maybe they were doing it to move things along more quickly for some reason.
Even that doesn't make sense as the parents taking the photos do not increase the time, they take their photo only during their child's time up there, not get their own time, like at a traditional M&G

What bothers me most about the CM trying to stop the parents from their own photos is that you'll not get the Photopass photos if you don't buy MM. It's wrong to stop the guest from getting their own photo for that reason. Though the comments about the lighting in there are correct. It's poor so the pics aren't the greatest. But still, it's the only ones you get so even a poorly lit pic is better than no pic

Last edited:
My dd did bbb the same day that we did Enchanted Tales with Belle and she was also dressed as Belle. I forget what part she had. Maybe a dish or something. I think I took my picture from where we were seated, but I don't remember them saying that we couldn't get up or anything.

Attachments

• Belle.jpg
    Belle.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 50

My dd did bbb the same day that we did Enchanted Tales with Belle and she was also dressed as Belle. I forget what part she had. Maybe a dish or something. I think I took my picture from where we were seated, but I don't remember them saying that we couldn't get up or anything.

Awww adorable photo thank you for sharing!

Even that doesn't make sense as the parents taking the photos do not increase the time, they take their photo only during their child's time up there, not get their own time, like at a traditional M&G

What bothers me most about the CM trying to stop the parents from their own photos is that you'll not get the Photopass photos if you don't buy MM. It's wrong to stop the guest from getting their own photo for that reason. Though the comments about the lighting in there are correct. It's poor so the pics aren't the greatest. But still, it's the only ones you get so even a poorly lit pic is better than no pic

Yeah the lighting does not look good!
:( But you’re right, a poorly lit photo is better than nothing. As long as it’s not across the room from a “seated” position I’m not allowed to get up from haha! I agree, it’s unfair to make people pay for the photos and not be able to take their own if you don’t have memory maker.

You can buy individual PhotoPass pictures for about $10 each. They'll give you a photo pass card and cute bookmark after. I think it would be worth it to just buy the $10 professional picture with her all dressed up as Belle and not stress about getting your own.

We never get MM but use the professional photographers and then I'll buy just a handful of the pics that come out really well of the whole family together (castle pic, or a really great character pic).

You can buy individual PhotoPass pictures for about $10 each. They'll give you a photo pass card and cute bookmark after. I think it would be worth it to just buy the $10 professional picture with her all dressed up as Belle and not stress about getting your own.

We never get MM but use the professional photographers and then I'll buy just a handful of the pics that come out really well of the whole family together (castle pic, or a really great character pic).
Last I checked it's $15. Which is pretty high.

At no time should buying a picture be the only option given to a guest. It isn't anywhere else. In all other cases you can also use your camera. It's the Disney way

I was thinking the same thing - maybe I would just ignore them, but don’t want to get in trouble ha!
They will tell you not to get up during the show, but as long as you don't get in the way of Photopass, I see no reason not to take your own. Just be VERY fast on your feet. Ours was so fast once, even at the ready I was unable to get my shot off. And I'm very fast.

Try to get a spot toward the back on the aisle. Then you can stand up at the end without getting under foot.

Just be aware the lighting is very challenging in there. Cell phone photos can be a challenge.

They will tell you not to get up during the show, but as long as you don't get in the way of Photopass, I see no reason not to take your own. Just be VERY fast on your feet. Ours was so fast once, even at the ready I was unable to get my shot off. And I'm very fast.

This has been my experience as well. While the show is going on they want all the parents to remain seated so you don't block others and since you are basically sitting on backless benches if one person stands in the front then no one behind them would see. At the end Belle took pictures with all the children and I believe gave them cardboard bookmarks.

This has been my experience as well. While the show is going on they want all the parents to remain seated so you don't block others and since you are basically sitting on backless benches if one person stands in the front then no one behind them would see. At the end Belle took pictures with all the children and I believe gave them cardboard bookmarks.
I would definitely stay seated for the show. But when the children line up to get their photo taken, I would think parents should be able to get up to take a photo of their child if they want to. In your experience, were they not allowed to even then?

Try to get a spot toward the back on the aisle. Then you can stand up at the end without getting under foot.

Just be aware the lighting is very challenging in there. Cell phone photos can be a challenge.

Thank you! This lighting sounds kind of impossible!! (And with no flash.)

Thank you! This lighting sounds kind of impossible!! (And with no flash.)
I'd have to look back and see what I did. But I'm sure the photos I took during the show were without flash, but I probably used flash on the photo with Belle at the end. If you have a camera with a flash, that will be helpful with the shadows on faces.

Enchanted Tales is what I would consider an "interactive" Meet and Greet (and frankly they should have another attraction like that). It is truly magical. Imagine an interactive Star Wars 'show' where you get to meet a character for a short while at the end.

As for photos? I think they want you in your seat to avoid chaos and congestion (and to avoid getting in way of the Photo Pass person). I get some fine photos from my seat of my son, but frankly the Photo Pass photographer does a GREAT job.

Enchanted Tales is what I would consider an "interactive" Meet and Greet (and frankly they should have another attraction like that). It is truly magical. Imagine an interactive Star Wars 'show' where you get to meet a character for a short while at the end.

As for photos? I think they want you in your seat to avoid chaos and congestion (and to avoid getting in way of the Photo Pass person). I get some fine photos from my seat of my son, but frankly the Photo Pass photographer does a GREAT job.
People should not be required to purchase a photo at a meet & greet.

I really don't think it's that chaotic for a parent or two at a time to stand up and move over behind the Photopass photographer to snap a quick photo then go sit down.

I was at CRT last night, the roaming characters were Snow White, Aurora, Jasmine, and Rapunzel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter