Enchanted Rose - Grand Floridian

shelbel95

Mouseketeer
Kid friendly? I realize it’s a bar/lounge, but would an 8 and 10 year old be out of place if we decided to stop in (early) as a family for a drink and to check it out? Also, I couldn’t tell - are you able to get reservations or is it first come, first served?

Definitely not kid friendly. It's a quiet, upscale atmosphere and caters towards adults.

I would disagree to some extent. While I don't think they can sit in all areas, such as the bar hightops, there are many tables that can accommodate kids. We were there in March and sat on the patio and the other 4 tables all had kids that ranged from 3 to 15 I'm guessing.

I do think the theming definitely caters towards adults and don't think most kids will find anything really special with the decor....compared to BOG for example. But if I had kids I wouldn't think twice about bringing them there.

I'll never understand the kids at bars thing! My 16 year old son wasn't allowed to sit at the bar with my husband to drink soda a while back at ESPN club, a restaurant, yet I see kids at bars all over "the world". I thought going to a bar was an adult thing?

We have brought our kids there multiple times. We sit at a table and get a few apps and have a drink. The waitress on our last trip even made a point to tell us she could get us a plain flatbread for the kids, as it wasn't on the menu. It is a bar/lounge that serves food and has tables away from the actual bar. We head back in a few weeks and we'll bring them again, it was a nice stop at night especially when the parks closed early in November.

Yeah. We are going to go (on the early side) during our upcoming trip. I mean I wouldn’t grab a seat at the bar at midnight with kids — but sitting at a table, ordering food, a drink for the adults and enjoying a Disney lounge with kids seems like a non-issue.

There is a bar, but also a few different seating areas and rooms so it’s not just a bar in the traditional sense. We’ve taken our seven year old there a couple times now. It’s not themed for kids necessarily but kids are certainly welcome.

I would disagree to some extent. While I don't think they can sit in all areas, such as the bar hightops, there are many tables that can accommodate kids. We were there in March and sat on the patio and the other 4 tables all had kids that ranged from 3 to 15 I'm guessing.

I do think the theming definitely caters towards adults and don't think most kids will find anything really special with the decor....compared to BOG for example. But if I had kids I wouldn't think twice about bringing them there.
I think you kind of hit the nail on the head there, though. What does "kid friendly" mean to you? What you describe in your second paragraph is why I wouldn't call the Enchanted Rose "kid friendly." I'm sure kids are allowed, and they might even have some food they'd be okay with, but it certainly doesn't cater to children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter