Enchanted Movie, Hidden Mickeys

hubby_of_newtodisney

How can I go to work, when there are so many fun t
Just saw it with the DW & DD's. Movie was ok, in my opinion.

I was wondering how many Hidden Mickeys there were. It seemed like the type of movie that about 1000 things could by considered HMs. Like they went to a restaurant called Bella Notte.

I ton of other references to other Disney Movies, both direct and subtle.

We loved it. Just got home from seeing it.

I didn't look for hidden Mickeys. I just enjoyed seeing McDreamy.

We just got back and I really liked it as well. I didn't notice any hidden mickey's but I did notice when Giselle was looking in the fish tank, they were playing 'part of your world' from the Little Mermaid.

..and ....Jodi Benson/Ariel appears in that scene with the fish tank, Paige O'Hara/Belle appears in the ball scene(I may be wrong - somone else states she was a soap star on the TV) , and Judy Kuhn/Pocohantas appears as the woman in the apartment with all the kids - pretty sure one of them was dressed like an Indian!!!:wizard:

I did not think to look for Mickeys until the end, but we are going back to see it very soon!!!

By Susan Wloszczyna, USA TODAY
Enchanted is sprinkled with "princess moments," but director Kevin Lima, a die-hard Disney-phile, also buried more than a few trivia treasures in the film that might stump even cartoon buffs. "These are references only a true fan would get," he says. See if you caught the more obscure nods to the classics:
•The troll who chases Giselle is modeled on the giant in the 1947 short Mickey and the Beanstalk. His loincloth is patched together with remnants of dresses worn by Snow White, Belle, Sleeping and Cinderella, and he's wearing earrings made of Ariel's shells from The Little Mermaid.

MORE: Giselle's royal lineage is enchanting

•The restaurant where Amy Adam's Giselle and Patrick Dempsey's lawyer Robert have a "date" is called Bella Notte, after the song during the spaghetti-eating scene at Tony's restaurant in Lady and the Tramp.

•The law firm where Robert works is Churchill, Harline and Smith, the last names of the songwriters from Snow White.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Disney | Robert | Amy Adams | Giselle | Kevin Lima
•The divorcing couple's last name is Banks — like the family in Mary Poppins. The old lady feeding pigeons in the park is another Poppins reference.

•During some TV soap opera dialogue, the characters mentioned — Angela, Jerry and Ogden — refer to voice actors from Beauty and the Beast: Angela Lansbury (Mrs. Potts), Jerry Orbach (Lumiere) and David Ogden Stiers (Cogsworth).

•The journalist who interviews Giselle on TV is Mary Ilene Caselotti, named for the voice actresses who did Sleeping Beauty (Mary Costa), Cinderella (Ilene Woods) and Snow White (Adriana Caselotti).

TALK ABOUT OBSCURE REFERENCES!!!

They also played bits and pieces of songs from other disney movies... I heard
Part of my World, and Beauty and the Beast (One of our wedding songs ;) )

By Susan Wloszczyna, USA TODAY
Enchanted is sprinkled with "princess moments," but director Kevin Lima, a die-hard Disney-phile, also buried more than a few trivia treasures in the film that might stump even cartoon buffs. "These are references only a true fan would get," he says. See if you caught the more obscure nods to the classics:
•The troll who chases Giselle is modeled on the giant in the 1947 short Mickey and the Beanstalk. His loincloth is patched together with remnants of dresses worn by Snow White, Belle, Sleeping and Cinderella, and he's wearing earrings made of Ariel's shells from The Little Mermaid.

MORE: Giselle's royal lineage is enchanting

•The restaurant where Amy Adam's Giselle and Patrick Dempsey's lawyer Robert have a "date" is called Bella Notte, after the song during the spaghetti-eating scene at Tony's restaurant in Lady and the Tramp.

•The law firm where Robert works is Churchill, Harline and Smith, the last names of the songwriters from Snow White.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Disney | Robert | Amy Adams | Giselle | Kevin Lima
•The divorcing couple's last name is Banks — like the family in Mary Poppins. The old lady feeding pigeons in the park is another Poppins reference.

•During some TV soap opera dialogue, the characters mentioned — Angela, Jerry and Ogden — refer to voice actors from Beauty and the Beast: Angela Lansbury (Mrs. Potts), Jerry Orbach (Lumiere) and David Ogden Stiers (Cogsworth).

•The journalist who interviews Giselle on TV is Mary Ilene Caselotti, named for the voice actresses who did Sleeping Beauty (Mary Costa), Cinderella (Ilene Woods) and Snow White (Adriana Caselotti).

TALK ABOUT OBSCURE REFERENCES!!!

They also played bits and pieces of songs from other disney movies... I heard
Part of my World, and Beauty and the Beast (One of our wedding songs ;) )

Thanks for that!!
Also the park scene reminded me of The Sound of Music. Where Julie Andrews swirls around in her blue dress on the grass.

More obscure stuff...
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Enchanted" is a loving homage to many classic Disney princess movies of yore.
The movie, which opened Wednesday, starts out in a traditional 2-D animated world, where a fairy-tale princess (voiced by Amy Adams) about to marry her prince is thrust into the real world by an evil queen. The real world is represented by New York, and once there, the princess (now a flesh-and-blood Adams) begins to change her views on life and love when she meets a cynical divorce lawyer (Patrick Dempsey).
The movie references many Disney movies in obvious and subtle ways, but many of the references weren't in the initial script. "That was all (director) Kevin Lima's doing," producer Barry Josephson said.
Lima, a veteran Disney animator who also co-directed the company's 1999 feature "Tarzan," came on board the project two years ago, and from the first meeting with screenwriter Bill Kelly began peppering the script with homages.
"I have a lifetime of references running through my head," Lima said. "From the time I was 5 years old and I saw 'Jungle Book,' and my mom swears by this story, I turned to her and said, 'Mom I'm going to be a Disney animator when I grow up."'
The most obvious references involve slippers and poison apples, dragons and little people. But throwaways and background activities go beyond readily recognizable symbols and images.
A seedy motel is named the Grand Duke, which is the name of a character from "Cinderella." A restaurant is called Bella Note, a nod to "Lady and the Tramp." A woman Adams encounters in Central Park asks her if she wants to feed the birds, "just a dollar a bag." That's dialogue from "Mary Poppins," subbing out the word "tuppins."
Going a bit deeper, you'll find that Mary Ilene Caselotti, the reporter on TV, is named after the actresses who voiced Princess Aurora in "Sleeping Beauty" (Mary Costa), Cinderella (Ilene Woods) and Snow White (Adriana Caselotti). The Banks, a couple getting divorced in the movie, are named after the family in "Mary Poppins." And Churchill, Harline and Smith, the name of Dempsey's law firm, is named after the songwriters from "Snow White": Frank Churchill, Leigh Harline and Paul Smith.In the law firm sequence, Giselle looks at a fish tank while the Muzak in the background plays "Part of Your World," a song from "The Little Mermaid."
A couple of the new songs in the movie -- from Disney's Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz, who between them have worked on many Disney animated films from the '90s -- hark back to songs in "Snow White" and "Beauty and the Beast."
To give the 2-D animated scenes the Disney feel, Lima turned to the James Baxter Studio, whose president James Baxter did the animated work on Rafiki in "The Lion King," Belle in "Beauty and the Beast," and Quasimodo in "The Hunchback of Notre Dame."
"I'm not embarrassed by the source material," Lima said, "which makes it really easy to embrace it."
Sounds like this director would put even the most dedicated dis-boarders to shame!

Oh how fun! DD is seeing this with her girls group today but I have already warned her she is going to have to see it again since the rest of the family wants to see it too. I will have to put her on Hidden Mickey detail!

Another shout out to The Sound of Music.............Maria, made 'play clothes' for the Von Trapp children out of curtains.

I just saw this tonight, and thought it was really cute!

In the little girl's bedroom, I noticed she had a belle costume hanging up (I recognized it right away since my DD wore it to see Beauty on Broadway early this year!)

Also, I noticed a Cinderella book in the background. (When Giselle is talking to the girl while she was in bed.)

I definitely saw the "sound of music" references too!

Fun movie, and my favorite part was watching my DS8 covering his face every time someone would kiss on-screen! :rotfl:

We saw it this afternoon and I loved all the Disney references!! I even heard that the bus drivers hair was shaped like Mickey although after seeing it, I think that was stretching it a bit!!
Oh and those songs are so stuck in my head! "I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss......"

We thought it was so adorable and clever. All the Disney references were so subtle and well done.

I posted this over on the other Enchanted thread.

Did anyone notice that Nancy's last name was Tremaine? Were there any other?

Walt Disney's 1947 "Fun and Fancy Free" was playing on a television at one point.

Also... can anyone confirm the identities of the two old ladies at the ball who comment on how much "better this one was than last years" (probably a reference to Disney's 2006 Holiday release).

Walt Disney's 1947 "Fun and Fancy Free" was playing on a television at one point.

Also... can anyone confirm the identities of the two old ladies at the ball who comment on how much "better this one was than last years" (probably a reference to Disney's 2006 Holiday release).

Lady #1: Helen Stenborg - Married to the noted TV/movie/Broadway actor Barnard Hughes.

Was nominated for Broadway's 2000 Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Play) for "Waiting in the Wings."

Mother of Tony-winning stage director Doug Hughes and actress Laura Hughes.

Lady #2: Anita Keal - ??Nothing worth mentioning...

Well, when the apples pop up in the stock pot, they come up in a Mickey head pattern.

My favorite subtle one though was the caramel apple. If you look at the pattern of the caramel, it looks just like the skull's head that shows up on Snow White's poison apples. Not to mention the old hag looked juuuuuuust like the Snow White one. (giggles) I loved that movie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter