Emporium Magic Bands update + park report

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I checked in at The Emporium at around 11:30 and they still had Magic Bands for MK holders. At this store (it may be different at others), they were only available at the main checkout and not with mobile order. I've heard that they allow mobile order at others. The line was longer than I’ve ever seen it at that store but it also seemed to move quickly… probably because most purchases were small and simple. A friend told me that he was allowed to get a free band with every item he purchased. In fact, at one individual purchase/checkout he got six of them.

Brief park report:

It rained lightly for the first 45 mins or so (7:15 – 8:00). By 11:00 it started to heat up. I left at 2:30, at which point it was nearly 90°. That's well past my northwestern European comfort zone ;-).

I rope-dropped Indiana Jones. One guy was ahead of me at the line but early on he stopped to wait for someone so suddenly I was first. There was a nice family visiting from San Diego with their two children immediately behind me. It was their daughter’s birthday and none of them had ever been on IJ before so I asked if they’d like to go ahead of me. When you’re second in line for that ride, there’s no real difference from being first. However, I think it’s important symbolically for the kids and they appreciated it. I ran into them about 20 mins later and asked them what they thought. They all loved it (no surprise). Especially the boulder :-).

I didn’t know about the TikiLand Day (event schedule included as a pic below) until a friend told me about it at around 10:30. I believe that this was its fourth or fifth year. Whatever the case, it was the first I’d heard of it. A number of people were dressed for it. When the group pic was taken at 2:00 (pic below), there were about 1,000 people in it. It’s always nice to see these dress-up days at DL.

I did OK on Buzz. Best score was nearly 1.8M. I didn’t see the family I met recently but I made sure to give both kids credit on the leader board anyway (third and fourth place). The mom messaged me later and I sent her the board pic, which they all loved. I’ll probably see them next Sunday.

Note about the Peter Pan and Wendy pic below: the little girl who got a pic with them from near the Mr. Toad entrance then took Wendy's hand as they began to walk off. It was very sweet and she stayed with them until at least the tea cups.

I’ve got maps for anyone who’d like a set: DL and DCA. If you’re interested, send me a DM (Start Conversation) with your preferred mailing address.

IMG_6185.jpegIMG_6188.jpegIMG_6192.jpegIMG_6194.jpegIMG_6196.jpegda5a3bae-58a1-4fc1-bcb5-9b6997fc38ed.jpegIMG_6198.jpegIMG_6201.jpegIMG_6203.jpegIMG_6204.jpeg

Magic Bands - my friend was also able to pick them up for his kids, he just had to do separate transactions as well.

Hope you checked for one! I got my son’s this afternoon after they said it was already over!
That's awesome!

Was there a particular store? I think I totally missed it - I didn't get to DCA until 9:30pm. I ran through three shops (including at DL) - two said they were completely out (and I think the third was just a confused CM - they thought they'd have them all month).

I'm probably going to swing by DLH in the morning just to check - but I'm honestly good if I miss out - for me, it's totally a nice-to-have.

That's awesome!

Was there a particular store? I think I totally missed it - I didn't get to DCA until 9:30pm. I ran through three shops (including at DL) - two said they were completely out (and I think the third was just a confused CM - they thought they'd have them all month).

I'm probably going to swing by DLH in the morning just to check - but I'm honestly good if I miss out - for me, it's totally a nice-to-have.
It was the gift shop inside the DLH. I also saw them at Pin Traders in DTD. I did not see any at WOD or the gift shop inside the GCH. This was all around noon today so not sure what the status is now.

It was the gift shop inside the DLH. I also saw them at Pin Traders in DTD. I did not see any at WOD or the gift shop inside the GCH. This was all around noon today so not sure what the status is now.
I got one! DLH had them out in view at checkout. A really nice surprise this morning.

It sounded like DLH might have gotten one more batch today - I'm betting that's the last place that will have them. (Neither WOD or Pin Traders seemed to have any this morning.)

I got one! DLH had them out in view at checkout. A really nice surprise this morning.

It sounded like DLH might have gotten one more batch today - I'm betting that's the last place that will have them. (Neither WOD or Pin Traders seemed to have any this morning.)
Oh yay! I’m so glad you got one! 🎉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter