Emotions Running High

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really saddened and conflicted by the events that occurred today. Deleted threads, restored threads, locking threads... I just don't have much confidence things will get better. I feel Corey is trying, but I am not convinced he's going to succeed. He's like a salmon swimming upstream at this point/

I am really saddened and conflicted by the events that occurred today. Deleted threads, restored threads, locking threads... I just don't have much confidence things will get better. I feel Corey is trying, but I am not convinced he's going to succeed. He's like a salmon swimming upstream at this point/

It seems like he isn't being allowed to succeed.

Wellp, for good or bad, it appears the California Live show is up now...

Sayhello
I really hate fanning this fire but I am absolutely appalled with the most serious allegation at hand...that one of the panelists on that DL podcast made a remote reference jokingly about having to worry about accepting a drink from someone they may not know...at a bar. And they even had time to edit that out and left it in. I adore that panelist and know he wasn't connecting the dots when he said it, but someone else should have caught it. I understand many feel this trip had to happen and I really do want to continue to support the DIS team but the continued applause track for the leadership here is not resonating well with many including me. Honestly I can see a lot more damage coming and a judgement or consent decree in the company's future if this escalates because they don't get their house in order. Where there's smoke...there's fire and I suspect more allegations may come forward if they haven't already. I am not liking this false narrative that I can't disagree with the leadership's handling of this, but still want to support the company and many of it's people at the same time. What does the victim think when he hears a joke like that?

Last edited:
As mentioned in another thread, Corey's child has surgery tomorrow. His focus has to be on his family right now. As a fellow parent whose child had major surgery in June - it was a stressful procedure and recovery (still ongoing). I think we can manage some grace for him that he isn't going to be able to watch over the threads here closely for a while.
I don't really see what one thing has to do with the other. Of course he should be focusing on his family. Nobody is suggesting otherwise.

Leaving the thread open doesn't take any time or attention away from his family. It's not as if he closed the boards all together because he doesn't have the time to personally moderate. Closing the thread was an active decision to attempt to "move on".

I don't really see what one thing has to do with the other. Of course he should be focusing on his family. Nobody is suggesting otherwise.

Leaving the thread open doesn't take any time or attention away from his family. It's not as if he closed the boards all together because he doesn't have the time to personally moderate. Closing the thread was an active decision to attempt to "move on".
I agree. Closing one thread just meant the discussion moved to other threads. I don't think that's the reason Corey gave for closing the thread, so I think the surgery thing is other posters' speculation.

I wholeheartedly agree he should be focusing on his family right now. I just don't agree that really has anything to do with closing the Disappointed thread. Plus there should be someone else who can step in while he's out/focusing on other things (though given the controversy around webmastering this week, I understand that's another can of worms. Just pointing out in an ideal setup Corey dealing with family issues shouldn't affect the day-to-day operations of the boards).

Last edited:

I agree. Closing one thread just meant the discussion moved to other threads. I don't think that's the reason Corey gave for closing the thread, so I think the surgery thing is other posters' speculation.

I wholeheartedly agree he should be focusing on his family right now. I just don't agree that really has anything to do with closing the Disappointed thread. Plus there should be someone else who can step in while he's out/focusing on other things (though given the controversy around webmastering this week, I understand that's another can of worms. Just pointing out in an ideal setup Corey dealing with family issues shouldn't affect the day-to-day operations of the boards).
This is pretty much what I was getting at. He's taking the helm of that conversation, clearly, and he's got more pressing matters at the moment. everyone is clearly looking to Corey to lead the changes here, and without him overseeing we ended up in the web mastering issue that played out resulting in this thread and the moderation policies one in the first place. Of course ideally any one person's family needs shouldn't impact the boards. But given this specific situation, and this specific timing, I can give grace for that 🤷‍♀️

I really hate fanning this fire but I am absolutely appalled with the most serious allegation at hand...that one of the panelists on that DL podcast made a remote reference jokingly about having to worry about accepting a drink from someone they may not know...at a bar. And they even had time to edit that out and left it in. I adore that panelist and know he wasn't connecting the dots when he said it, but someone else should have caught it. I understand many feel this trip had to happen and I really do want to continue to support the DIS team but the continued applause track for the leadership here is not resonating well with many including me. Honestly I can see a lot more damage coming and a judgement or consent decree in the company's future if this escalates because they don't get their house in order. Where there's smoke...there's fire and I suspect more allegations may come forward if they haven't already. I am not liking this false narrative that I can't disagree with the leadership's handling of this, but still want to support the company and many of its people at the same time. What does the victim think when he hears a joke like that?
I choose not to watch the video in question. I don’t know who said those words or what exactly was said at the event. I just couldn’t look at them. When YouTube automatically started playing it after another video I was watching from another channel. I quickly pressed the back button on my remote. I just can’t look at them right now.

I actually found out about everything from being suggested Ryno‘s latest videos after I coming back from summer holiday. I had to google what was going on. Has there been talk on the boards about Ryno’s channel? His statements? I actually unsubscribed to him after I saw his two videos. Dustin will forgive everyone except Pete it seems. I just feel bad that even his “friends“ are tone deaf. It’s also worth noting that I read on another forum from Sean himself that only Craig and only 1 travel agent have reached out to Sean to give support as of today. Even though this has been coming out for months💔.

There’s your new owner…

New owner, as in Corey? I don’t see where Corey was offensive. Guilty by association, yes. But not guilty of racism like the rest of them in the link (maids and gardeners).

I said “we remember,” because the link references 2008. I mean, if you were active around here, you read the stories online. My family is native HI, and even we have been stereotyped as maids and gardeners. In the meantime, these folks are ok threatening/giving me with infractions for breaking their posting rules.

And after watching the latest live show, is cutting the head off the snake enough? They all seem cozy and familiar. I don’t know

Last edited:
New owner, as in Corey? I don’t see where Corey was offensive. Guilty by association, yes. But not guilty of racism like the rest of them in the link (maids and gardeners).

I said “we remember,” because the link references 2008. I mean, if you were active around here, you read the stories online. My family is native HI, and even we have been stereotyped as maids and gardeners. In the meantime, these same folks are ok threatening/giving me with infractions for breaking their posting rules.

And after watching the latest live show, is cutting the head off the snake enough? They all seem cozy and familiar. I don’t know
I didn’t mean Cory.

Yes, this is a major blow to the whole DIS/DU community. But I thought it was interesting that the volume of threads/posts on the rest of the boards here seems to be unchanged. Apparently we (those that post on the DIS unplugged/posdast section of the DIS are the ones that think the DISwill not survive.

Yes, this is a major blow to the whole DIS/DU community. But I thought it was interesting that the volume of threads/posts on the rest of the boards here seems to be unchanged. Apparently we (those that post on the DIS unplugged/posdast section of the DIS are the ones that think the DISwill not survive.
The rest are pretty much clueless. The CB board has one thread that has turned into whether a TA should be used, or at least the last time I clicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter