Emotions Running High

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WebmasterCorey Since there is a new level of “openness” around the disboards, would it be possible to do a review of the board filters, and reinstate some of those websites (and names) that were banned due to perceived personal grievances to PW?
Specific to the DVC boards, there are several companies banned (not because they are competitors to sponsors, as others ARE allowed), but because ??? (And asking why could get you put in time out)

Ironic that the owners, sans Corey, of DUT, DIS etc seem to view the fan community in a very similar fashion that we were told over and over Disney upper management views the very same community. The same community that helped created the empire of Disney entertainment and theme parks along with the explosion in travel agent sites like DUT and msg boards like here. Basking in the monetary benefits and attention this community has given the owners then when those same people feel betrayed are told to pretty much mind their own business.

There needs to be a lot of soul searching within the DUT/DIS with the events that have transpired over the last couple weeks. Painting the blame outwards when the rot is clearly in the core from the owners/moderators and so forth shows there is a deeper issue that allowed these issues to go as long as they have. I have faith it can happen but the desire for that change to happen has to be first and foremost instead of trying to sweep it under the rug.

Have a Disney Day.

Last edited:

And it seems that John did not feel as though she said anything that he considered offensive, so screw those of us who spoke up.
A lot of discourse on this board at the moment seems to come from mix ups regarding who is responsible for what in this whole fiasco.

John is not connect to the DIS/DISboards, at least not directly.

PW owns/ed the boards, John and PW own DUT.

Regardless of WM Kathy's relationship to John and her immature and disrespectful behaviour, I don't believe John actually has a say as to whether or not she should be banned/have her WM powers stripped. Currently, it seems that power lies with Corey alone.

I'm not trying to downplay her actions, I think she's a piece of work (along with another WM that I have no idea whether he's still around, but I left the boards partly because he was as bad as WMK), but we all need to remember who is responsible for what.
John =/= DIS.

I can see that emotions are running high within our community, as anticipated. This is evident from the passionate discussions and comments being shared. We're all navigating through a challenging period, but I want to emphasize that we should not see ourselves as victims in this situation. I want you to know that I genuinely understand the emotions you're experiencing, and I'm actively reading each and every comment and email.

In light of this, I've spoken with our Webmasters and Moderators and requested that we take a more lenient approach to actions such as banning, thread deletion, and issuing infractions. I want to clarify that this isn't an invitation for chaos; rather, it's a temporary measure aimed at fostering a level of openness that we haven't experienced before. This approach will remain in place until I have the opportunity to assess the broader picture and reevaluate what strategies are effective and which ones aren't. I’ve also requested that anyone in a position of authority here, take a breath before responding. Nobody wants to be attacked, so I’m hoping we keep the ones directly involved at the forefront.

I understand that it's human nature to seek answers and perhaps point fingers in various directions, expecting a comprehensive account from all of us. However, it's important to acknowledge that we are constrained by legal limitations in terms of what we can share openly. While I share your desire for transparency, please know that our ability to provide a complete narrative may be restricted due to these legal considerations.

Your understanding and patience during this period of transition are greatly appreciated.

If you are not comfortable responding, my email is corey@disneyinfo.com

Corey

https://www.disboards.com/threads/my-personal-statement.3926170/page-3#post-64969082

Thank you again, Corey. You're the only one showing any leadership during all of this. The responsibility shouldn't have been put solely on your shoulders, but I want to make sure you know we appreciate you.

A lot of discourse on this board at the moment seems to come from mix ups regarding who is responsible for what in this whole fiasco.

Regardless of WM Kathy's relationship to John and her immature and disrespectful behaviour, I don't believe John actually has a say as to whether or not she should be banned/have her WM powers stripped. Currently, it seems that power lies with Corey alone.

I'm not trying to downplay her actions, I think she's a piece of work (along with another WM that I have no idea whether he's still around, but I left the boards partly because he was as bad as WMK), but we all need to remember who is responsible for what.
John =/= DIS.
No John doesn’t own disboards, but I’m pretty sure he can still implement his will as the co-owner of DUT. Maybe not, but I would bet he can. That being said he might not give 2 toots about the boards and stays out of it. So why that certain webmaster would remain is anyones guess. But definitely a bad look if she remains.

I will share in the continued sentiment here that Kathy has to go. She has behaved terribly in the last week or so. The attitude would be incredibly unpleasant and immature if it was a normal poster. But to have a "webmaster" with power act like this? Terrible. Plus, if she does come back, I don't think anyone has any hope that she would be fair; I would imagine some very vindictive behavior on her part.

I don't think her comment was anti-semitic (but then again, I am not Jewish)... I think it was a terrible attempt at being clever by someone who clearly isn't. I thought the worst part was the attitude that discussing what a better DIS and DUT could look like, barely a week after learning about all the awful things Pete did, was so ridiculous and laughable that she mocked it.

We know she's very close with John and Kevin, and she clearly shares their attitude of "just move on and forget about it, here's a pretzel". She should not be moderating any discussion based around two people who pay for her to go on vacation with them.

Again, this should not all be falling on to you. We would hope John would have the decency to step-in and talk to her, but...

We support you, we're rooting for you... but she has (rightfully) lost any respect she had left on these boards, and should lose all authority, as well.

Last edited:
Corey, thank you so much!

When this began I asked that we maybe be able to have more openness on the forum. This is a huge joy to read that that will be possible. I hope that everyone is responsible and does not abuse this power.

I don't think her comment was anti-semitic (but then again, I am not Jewish)... I think it was a terrible attempt at being clever by someone who clearly isn't. I thought the worst part was the attitude that discussing what a better DIS and DUT could look like, barely a week after learning about all the awful things Pete did, was so ridiculous and laughable that she mocked it.
Immediately prior to that, she mocked an actual lawyer for having the audacity to “mansplain” some legal arguments that were clearly beyond her comprehension. Assuring him that she knows far more than he does, and accusing him of stirring up…..

Last edited:
Thank you Corey! What I hope resonates here is how just one calm, considerate and well thought out post from you can almost immediately calm down a litany of very heated posts. It doesn't mean you or others are downplaying what happened or don't still feel deep emotions, but I do believe most people here are passionate because of a love for the DIS and the staff and a desire to see you all get through this even stronger. I hope you keep down this reset/rethink path and hope some of your colleagues on the Dreams side take a cue from you. And consistent with what some others expressed - saying farewell to certain administrators who crossed the line....and welcoming back others (like RTeetz if he was willing) would be a great step. Good luck!

John =/= DIS.
By now I’m sure most of you have seen my blog post about Pete’s departure from Dreams Unlimited Travel and the DIS. If not you can see it here https://www.wdwinfo.com/uncategoriz...-and-co-owner-of-dreams-unlimited-travel-inc/

I know many of you want my official take on the situation. Due to legalities and under advice of council I am not permitted to comment on the allegations. I may be able to say more in the future but I can’t as of right now.

I can say that Dreams Unlimited Travel and The DIS both have incredible teams of people working for and with us. We are a very strong organization and we will continue to grow and improve, as we have done every year we have been in business. I have the best people in the world working for and with me and I am so grateful for all of them. We are on strong financial footing and our business continues to grow.

For those on these boards who have decided it is OK to be mean, nasty and threatening to Kevin and myself I must say I am totally and completely appalled. We have always been nice, friendly and respectful to everyone we have met. The vitriol and hatred coming our way is uncalled for and disturbing. Just because my response wasn’t fast enough for some people you have decided that it’s appropriate to hide behind an anonymous screen name and post whatever you like. You have created false narratives and fabricated stories without knowing the first thing about us.

For those who have been supportive and good friends both on the boards and in ‘real life’ I am eternally grateful to have you in our lives. Your friendship is a blessing and I am humbled by your support.

My virtual door is always open and I have posted my email address on these boards before but in case you don’t have it – John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

John Magi
President, Co-Owner
Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc.

So who is this dude, and why does he say:

Dreams Unlimited Travel and The DIS both have incredible teams of people working for and with us

Are you saying that he is not responsible for the DIS?

DUT is owned by John, Pete (not anymore!), and Donna who was a silent partner. Pete had sole ownership of The Dis and all of the YouTube channels. (Again, not anymore!) Corey has always had an "Executive" Role in regards to the boards and website. It has been common knowledge that The Dis website and YouTube channel were somehow financed by DUT. (I don't know if they were line items in the DUT budget, or if they were paid for out of Pete's cut. I do know people have said John signed checks they were given. And it has also been said that Pete signed checks.) But for the most part John's interaction with the podcast was limited to the occasional appearance. Here on the boards, I believe he makes an occasional announcement, but my understanding he isn't really involved much further than that. Maybe someone with more insight and knowledge can clarify my statement?

DUT is owned by John, Pete (not anymore!), and Donna who was a silent partner. Pete had sole ownership of The Dis and all of the YouTube channels. (Again, not anymore!) Corey has always had an "Executive" Role in regards to the boards and website. It has been common knowledge that The Dis website and YouTube channel were somehow financed by DUT. (I don't know if they were line items in the DUT budget, or if they were paid for out of Pete's cut. I do know people have said John signed checks they were given. And it has also been said that Pete signed checks.) But for the most part John's interaction with the podcast was limited to the occasional appearance. Here on the boards, I believe he makes an occasional announcement, but my understanding he isn't really involved much further than that. Maybe someone with more insight and knowledge can clarify my statement?
I just want to suggest we be careful on the "not anymore" lines...the statements indicated PW is being divested....and we don't know how long or how difficult that process will be, especially when the litigation already pending is part of the mix.

John =/= DIS.
Is that correct? I don't know the full hierarchy of the DIS other than the Webmasters to not PO and that WebmasterCorey has been elevated to being in charge as I understand it. However John is both a Webmaster and an Administrator and both typically count as connected in almost every way. Financially may be the exception but that isn't actually the point in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter