• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Emmy Nominations

I have watched:

Andor
Wednesday
Obi Wan Kenobi
Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

That's it.

I haven’t watched any of them either. When the 5th season of The Crown comes out on DVD I will see it, but I haven’t seen it yet (and it’s an all new cast, so it’s not like I have seen them in a prior season).

I have seen some of the stuff nominated, and would for sure want any of the nominations for "Beef" to win. It is one of the best things I have seen in recent years.

I truly hardly watch TV, but I've watched at least 1 episode of 12 of these

Ive seen:

Andor (IMO the best of the Star Wars shows)
House of the Dragon
The Last of Us (Amazing)
The White Lotus
Wednesday
Dahmer
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Bad Sisters (Fantastic Dark Comedy)

Only one I have really watched is "Abbott Elementary". I enjoy it, but it's not a make or break if I miss it. DH binge watched "Marvelous Ms Maisel" and I heard it from the other room while working from home. Saw a few perhaps. But that's it for me.

Interesting, I've seen most of them. We don't have cable so I haven't seen Abbott Elementary. Also haven't seen Barry, Wednesday, Daisy Jones and the Six or Dahmer. But I've seen every episode of the rest of those shows. We only stream....and typically watch 1-2 episodes of whatever we're watching each night. That's all the TV we watch.

Of the Drama category I think Succession is the runaway winner there....just an incredibly strong finish to an excellent show. I would say White Lotus is a close second....another great season. In third place I'd say a tie between The Last of Us (based highly on the third episode which was maybe the best hour of TV I've seen this year) and the final season of Better Call Saul. The fifth season of The Crown was the weakest thus far. I enjoyed Yellowjackets, but not as much as season one. House of the Dragon was just ok. Andor....I enjoyed it, but Star Wars is more my husband's thing.

For Comedies, I'm kind of wondering how The Bear is a comedy. Yes, it's funny at times, but it's also a stressful show to watch! The second season episode six...is one for the books....so great. Only Murders in the Building is cute. I absolutely loved The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel...wonderful TV, but you know.....Ted Lasso is probably one of the sweetest TV shows ever....at a time when we all needed it. Lasso for the win!

Best Limited Series....we loved Beef.

Who should win for acting....imo of course.

Actress in a Drama: Sarah Snook....she was incredible in this final season.

Actor in a Drama: I think it's between Pedro Pascal and Jeremy Strong.

Actress in a Comedy: Haven't seen a couple of the shows, but Rachel Brosnahan was so great as Mrs. Maisel.

Actor in a Comedy: I think a toss up between Jason Sudekis and Jeremy Allen White for The Bear.

Still stumped at why Pay Channel shows even qualify for Emmys. Emmys are for over the air free TV shows.
The Cable Ace awards were for Pay Channel shows
Have not seen or even heard of most of those shows. Nor do I have access to most of the channels they are on. I did have HBO, but dropped it in 1987 because their content wasn't appropriate for my kids.

Still stumped at why Pay Channel shows even qualify for Emmys. Emmys are for over the air free TV shows.
The Cable Ace awards were for Pay Channel shows
Have not seen or even heard of most of those shows. Nor do I have access to most of the channels they are on. I did have HBO, but dropped it in 1987 because their content wasn't appropriate for my kids.
Well, I guess the Emmy's had to give in and allow pay-tv/streaming services in.....because pretty much all of the best TV shows are there and not on regular TV networks.

Well, I guess the Emmy's had to give in and allow pay-tv/streaming services in.....because pretty much all of the best TV shows are there and not on regular TV networks.
Certain a changing world, and that has come up in the Screen Writers strike. Writers can't make a living because some of those shows only produce 6 episodes a season, compared to 26 for traditional TV shows. I would hope if you are only producing 6 episodes, that the quality would be better. But of the few on the list I have seen, I would say that isn't necessary the case. But after 47 years in local TV, that was always an issue with the local Emmys. You have a show that took a month (or more) to produce, competing for an Emmy against a show that was produced in 7 hours.

Certain a changing world, and that has come up in the Screen Writers strike. Writers can't make a living because some of those shows only produce 6 episodes a season, compared to 26 for traditional TV shows. I would hope if you are only producing 6 episodes, that the quality would be better. But of the few on the list I have seen, I would say that isn't necessary the case. But after 47 years in local TV, that was always an issue with the local Emmys. You have a show that took a month (or more) to produce, competing for an Emmy against a show that was produced in 7 hours.

Well, the production value on some of these shows is incredibly high. They're like short movies in many cases and definitely the kind of TV we enjoy watching. I can see how it's an issue for writers with the number of episodes, but it also feels like there's so much to watch it's impossible to see it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter