EMM on same day as PPO ADR, can I still ride early?

Aflyingbuttress

Mouseketeer
I have pre park opening BOG reservations on Feb 6, which is the same day as Early Morning Magic. We were hoping to eat quick and then get on 7DMT without a fast pass, but I know that EMM folks will have wristbands. So if I don’t have one, will I not be able to do that?

You won't be able to ride before the park opens, but you'll be ahead of the rope drop crowd which is still a big advantage.

Thanks. On days when EMM is not happening, is it always possible to ride before the park opens or is it just a benefit that happens occasionally?

Thanks. On days when EMM is not happening, is it always possible to ride before the park opens or is it just a benefit that happens occasionally?

You can usually ride right before park opening. But it's never a guarantee.

I personally would only do a prepark ADR on a regular morning

I have heard of people getting 2 rides in before the park opens, but we were not allowed to enter the queue until 9, so by the time we got out, the line was ridiculous.

The biggest advantage you have with a PPO on an EMM day is that your PPO will STAY PPO. They won't extend hours and open the park earlier. You'll still be ahead of the rope drop crowd and be able to ride 7DMT with no wait.

Piggy-backing on this thread. Unsure I understand -- is there a disadvantage to a PPO ADR on EMM day relative to a regular opening day? (Reading CAS239's post ....). I have one on a mid-May EMM Tue morning. It is worth switching our MK morning to Thursday (non-EMM day) instead?

Piggy-backing on this thread. Unsure I understand -- is there a disadvantage to a PPO ADR on EMM day relative to a regular opening day? (Reading CAS239's post ....). I have one on a mid-May EMM Tue morning. It is worth switching our MK morning to Thursday (non-EMM day) instead?

The only possible disadvantage is you will only get one ride on 7DMT. On non-EMM mornings, there is a POSSIBILITY that you could get multiple rides, but it's not guaranteed, and in my opinion, it's not worth the possibility they will open MK early and take away all advantage completely.

Ah, I see. Thank you! One of my kids doesn't care much for 7DMT, so it sounds like it's almost best for us to stick to Tue (so as to also not to tempt the other one ;-)).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter