EMH: which team are you?

I'm a get-up-and-go kind of gal, and am usually arriving at or just after RD and do do early EMH at least once each trip. I love quiet evenings in the parks, which usually means ending up at EPCOT for a lovely stroll around WS and will stay at EPCOT late if they have EMH, but will mostly avoid any other park with late EMH. And I have been known to RD a park the morning after it just had late EMH's.

We try to hit a few, especially since we go in August. My kids understand the brutal Florida heat and even though they like sleeping until noon in the summer they get why we get up early for our summer WDW trips.

We did so much at DHS from 8-10:30 am. Multiple rides on ToT, RnRC and TSM. We even ate a quick breakfast at SR. MK AM EMH is even better. You can get so much done.

We leave the park by 12, sometimes we eat lunch before we leave or grab it at the resort, do a pool break or nap for the others and then hit a PM park with our FP+. We also may do PM EMH.

I put in a rest day or two so whoever wants to sleep in can. I'm always up early so it doesn't matter to me.

Last edited:
We love both. We hit morning EMH and then hop to a non-EMH park. Otherwise, we start at a non-EMH park and hop to evening EMH.

Morning EMH is a hard "no" for us. Basically, we just don't need the pressure to start the day by having to get around early and fret over buses to make a morning EMH. Not a good move for us to submit ourselves to that aggravation on vacation. Give me a regular old 9am opening anytime; I've hardly ever had any trouble leisurely making one of those. We don't plan for evening EMHs, but if they happen they happen.

If it's summer, we do morning EMH and leave the park by 1pm for a resort break, and we return to a different park in the evening. Last July we were able to avoid every afternoon storm using this strategy; we did not have to break out the ponchos for our entire trip.

We avoid EMHs at Epcot, DHS, and AK. However if there is EMH at MK we always go, especially if the park is opened until 3am because there is nothing like riding rides so late at night (especially around 1am or 2am) when there are hardly anyone in the park :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter