EmH park entry question.

Friendly Frog

DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.
When doing the AM resort guest early entry day, how do you tell which line to get in? Is it special well marked gates off to one side? It seems it would be hard to navigate past the regular guests lined up early for a normal morning entry? Just a side note, I likely will be traveling alone on a scooter, so my line of site will be limited. Thanks.

When doing the AM resort guest early entry day, how do you tell which line to get in? Is it special well marked gates off to one side? It seems it would be hard to navigate past the regular guests lined up early for a normal morning entry? Just a side note, I likely will be traveling alone on a scooter, so my line of site will be limited. Thanks.
There are not generally 'separate lines.'
If you arrive early, virtually all guests will be going into AM EMH.

Robo, but I imagin that a lot of people will be at HS early, very early, and not all will be resort guests? How do I know I am not staging behind people who are off site guests? Remember, I can not just look over people, or move easily to see around them when in a crowd.

In the past (pre virtual queue) everyone stands behind the touch point there is no separate line for Disney guests, its assumed that they all are at the touch point. There will be an announcement to say anyone not a Disney guest should go over to to one side, once passed the touch point. Everyone else is re-scanned by CM to check you are a guest and you then join the rest of those waiting.

With the virtual queue i'm guessing as MDE knows your a guests and once past the touch point it allows you to join.

I know for AK and MK everyone uses the same entries but once you get pass the ticket scan there are cast members that will scan your band to ensure you're a resort guest. For example, at AK if you're a resort guest you go to the left side to enter after you scan your ticket. Non resort guests are told to go to the right side where they are held until regular park opening.

Same thing at MK; there are CMs stationed at different hub areas to scan your band before you can get off of Main Street. Not sure about Epcot and HS.

I don’t think there’s an answer to that yet. The one morning EMH they did with the virtual queue went poorly, and they definitely won’t do what they did that day again.

In response Disney cancelled all morning EMH at DHS through the end of January and replaced them with Evening EMH.

If ROTR remains on a VQ for the foreseeable future, I imagine Disney will either continue to cancel morning EMH, or they’ll tinker with a variety of opening strategies, all likely unannounced, until they land on one that works.

I know for AK and MK everyone uses the same entries but once you get pass the ticket scan there are cast members that will scan your band to ensure you're a resort guest. For example, at AK if you're a resort guest you go to the left side to enter after you scan your ticket. Non resort guests are told to go to the right side where they are held until regular park opening.

Same thing at MK; there are CMs stationed at different hub areas to scan your band before you can get off of Main Street. Not sure about Epcot and HS.
that has been our experience as well.

Do you think this will open the possibility for them to move up the normal park opening time from 9a to 8a or earlier? We have a 8a reservation for Hollywood & Vine Character Breakfast on Saturday 2/22 and were hoping to use that to get a jump on everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter