• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EMH at Hollywood Studios & Dining Options

Arazia

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Polynesian in early November. We only have one day planned for going to Hollywood Studios, as it doesn't appeal to us as much as some of the other parks.

Initially, I booked at 7:30am reservation at Kona Cafe with the idea that the park would open at 9am. However, after the reservations were booked, they added EMH that day in the morning.

I think keeping the 7:30am Kona Cafe reservation would probably make us lose out on a lot of park time with the park opening at 8am. Just the time it would take to eat, then get on a bus, means we probably are out at least an hour of park time.

Options I see:
- Eat in the room and leave by 7am
- Eat at Captain Cook's and leave by 7am
- Leave by 7am and eat something in the park
- Leave things as-is and just accept missing out on park time

What are your thoughts?
I've never been to Disney before, so I'd appreciate any input you have. If you have any good breakfast options at Hollywood Studios you might recommend, I'd love to hear about those, too.

I would eat a small snack in the room or on the bus on your way to the park, then pick something up at the park later. I haven't tried it yet myself, but Woody's Lunchbox serves breakfast and might be a good one to try.

My general advice is that if you want to take advantage of that morning EMH hour with a 8am opening, you want to plan to be at the park itself by 7am-7:15, and so if it were me I'd want to be ready to leave the Polynesian by like 6:45 at the latest.

If you're driving, then you have some more flexibility. If you're taking the bus, I'd plan for at least 30+ minutes of travel time including waiting for the bus, riding it, and then getting from the bus to the park gate.

My general advice is that if you want to take advantage of that morning EMH hour with a 8am opening, you want to plan to be at the park itself by 7am-7:15, and so if it were me I'd want to be ready to leave the Polynesian by like 6:45 at the latest.

If you're driving, then you have some more flexibility. If you're taking the bus, I'd plan for at least 30+ minutes of travel time including waiting for the bus, riding it, and then getting from the bus to the park gate.

Thanks for the advice.
I'm not super concerned about being there for 'rope drop' since we're newbies to the parks anyways and probably would just get trampled by the more experienced folks who actually know where they are going. As long as we don't miss out on an hour of park time or something, we're good.

Last edited:

We found HS had the worst breakfast offerings of all the parks.

After exploring Toy Story Land, we walked back to Starbucks for breakfast sandwiches and pastries. It’s our safest choice when traveling. Woody’s Lunchbox breakfast entrees were a little too unusual for our group.

I would dine at Captain Cook’s before hitting the park. I believe they open for coffee at 6am, and start serving food at 6:30. Check to be sure. We were aiming to be at HS for 6:30 and just grabbed coffees at our resort.

Options I see:
- Eat in the room and leave by 7am
- Eat at Captain Cook's and leave by 7am
- Leave by 7am and eat something in the park
- Leave things as-is and just accept missing out on park time

I think your best bet would be captain cooks or to just eat in room. Unless you are planning on hitting TS land i think you would be ok being at the bus by 7-7:15am and arriving closer to RD. Your best direction would be to go towards ToT as I am sure the masses will be going towards TS land

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter