EMH AK - Safari Open?

Murt17

Earning My Ears
I am reading all the FP changes for AK, and wondered if anyone knows if Kilamanjaro Safari is open during EMH? I had planned to rope drop that and don't have a FP now (Dec. 3).

I am reading all the FP changes for AK, and wondered if anyone knows if Kilamanjaro Safari is open during EMH? I had planned to rope drop that and don't have a FP now (Dec. 3).
Not usually. I was there in March for an EMH morning. Safari didn’t open until 9am (even though the app showed a 15 min wait at 8am, it was still closed). I’d recommend doing other things during EMH and plan to arrive at Safari around 8:45 and you will be one of the first ones in line.

I'm going to post the opposite opinion and say that Safari is usually open for AM EMH.

You can CHECK on-line at the WDW website to see the posted hours of operation of most attractions.

For instance, THIS week- DAK has AM EMH on Friday Oct. 12, 2018
Click HERE and you can see a list of attractions and their scheduled operation times...
Below is a screen-grab showing Safari operating 8:15-9:00AM for EMH.

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 9.52.05 AM.png

Last edited:

The Safari is usually open for AM EMHs, but it can occasionally not be open, so I’d recommend to stay somewhat flexible.

Thanks - I have a FP for Navi at 9:10 so hopefully can do Safari first. We didn't want to do FP for Safari and have to rope drop Navi with all the traffic going that way in the AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter