Emerald Aisle Question

cmaha76

Earning My Ears
So, does that work as easy as they lead you to believe, and how frequently do they have cars other than intermediate cars sitting there?

I made my reservation with them and got the free Emerald Aisle through my Cap. One card.

Got a brand new Mistu Montero sport-SUV with 11 miles on it. Had a choice of blue or red, or 5 Gimmy-SUV, couple vans, or a couple of mitsu ecil. sports cars.

2nd time 5 Buick LaSabarres, 1-3OO chysl., 3-GMC clubcab- long bed pick-ups, some pont GP's.

Luck of the draw.......

Just pick the car, key are in car and drive to checkout with your reservation info.... in and out in 10 minutes.

Return the same, by the time you get you stuff out the car. the receipt, hand-held device is ready and your headed for the plane.

Actually... why reserve an intermediate sized car? You should be able to reserve a full sized car at the same price of an intermediate... and if for some reason there are only intermediate sized cars on the aisle, you can ask for a full sized (after all thats "what you paid for").

Goodluck

I did not realize that. They automatically filled in my car type with intermediate....

I think I'll change my reservation today. Thanks

Hi cmaha76,
From what I have read on the boards here, you might need to enter a new reservation to get the same price for full size as intermediate. In other words, if you just change your existing reservation, the computer will see it as an upgrade and give you a higher price. Just don't forget to cancel the old reservation if you do this. Good luck!

I may be mistaken, but I think Emerald is always an Intermediate but often they put full in the isle...I have had EI for several years...If you request a Full size, I will bet is more expensive...Ted.....and yes, it is as easy as they say, especially in Orlando!

I went to nationalcar.com, logged in to my emerald club account and did a change reservation.

Now my reservation reads: Full Size or your choice at the aisle.

The price is the exact same price I was paying when my reservation was for intemediate or choice.

I like the option that if there is nothing I want I can at least get a full size car.

regarding the full vs. intermediate, if you request full, do you then have to wait in line at the desk and see if the full size is available, or if there is not a full size on the isle do you have to go back to the desk and get keys to a full size?........seems like it might defeat the purpose and the ease of no hassels at the desk.......Ted

Ted -- that's a question that National has not answered to my satisfaction. They say that you cannot, yet many DISers have just gone to the full size aisle & taken a car if there were none on the EA. That's what we will do, as our confirmation says full size or your choice at the aisle.

Here is a link to the discussion over on the transportation board:
http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79073

I'd made an EA resrvation (that automatically comes up as an intermediate) and just cancelled it and rebooked because the price came down slightly. The price is the same whether I entered in intermediate or full, and the print out states "full or any car on the Emerald Aisle'. it also states it's EA service (not counter).

How do you join the Emerald club? There wasn't a way to do it on the National website.

got this info from another thread:

It's on the National site -

Go to http://www.capitalone.com

at the bottom right hand corner is a link that says "Save 15% on National Car Rental"
If you click on that it will take you to a page on the National site. On the left hand side
of the page is information on saving 15% on your car rental. On the right hand side is
a button that will take you to the free EC membership form. The box for the promotion code should
be filled in already with the Capital One information.

The information on how to do this is also on the Mousesavers site under ground transportation

Well folks... after reading my receipt email confirmation... it seems to me that I would at least get a Full sized car on the aisle. Read for yourself... no were there does it say that "Full sized or choice of aisle". It says I have EA service with a full sized car. Here's a copy... of course my name is not "xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx"... lol!

Thank you xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx. Your reservation number is xxxxxxxxx.
Your level of service is Emerald Aisle. Please proceed directly to the Emerald Aisle to choose your vehicle.

If you need to make adjustments to this reservation,
please use your reservation number as a reference.

Rental Information

Rental Location: ORLANDO INTL ARPT
ORLANDO INTL ARPT

Rental Time: 22-SEPTEMBER-2001 9:00 AM

Return Location: ORLANDO INTL ARPT
ORLANDO INTL ARPT

Return Time: 30-SEPTEMBER-2001 9:00 AM

Contract ID: 5041592

Company
Association: CAPITAL ONE ONLINE PROGRAM

Length of Rental: 8 days

Rate Information

Item: Prices
(USD)
Car Class:
Full Size 2/4 Door Car Auto A/C
Rates:
TIME & DISTANCE 1 WEEK @ 124.43 124.43
EXTRA - TIME & DISTANCE 1 DAY @ 20.74 20.74
EXTRA - TIME & DISTANCE 0 HOUR @ 10.37 0.00
UNLIMITED DISTANCE-TIME & DISTANCE 0 DISTANCE @ 0.00 0.00

Sub total 145.17

Promotional Discount:
BUENA VISTA INTERNET OFFER -15.11

DISCOUNT -21.78

Surcharges:
CONCESSION FEE RECOV CHRG 9.8 PCT 12.09
FL SCHRG/TIRE&BAT FEE 2.05 USD/DY 16.40
FLA LICENSE FEE .41 USD/DAY 3.28

Taxes:
STATE TAX (6.0%) 8.40

Total Estimate 148.45

(Country of Residence: US) (USD)
Approximate Estimated Conversion: 148.45

Rules and Conditions

* Unlimited Miles
* A Minimum of 5 Day(s) will be charged.
* The Minimum Rental Duration is 5 Day(s).
* The Minimum Advance Booking is 1 Hour(s).
* Renter must present a major credit card in renter's name.
* Renter must meet minimum age requirements, 25 years of age
or older. In some states, this may be lower. Renter must
also have a clean driving record.
* Debit and check cards not accepted at time of reservation or
rental but, at participating locations within the United
States, may be used for payment at time of return.

Your reservation has been accepted. The rental location will be advised.

Thank you for choosing National Car Rental.

If you go and log in at emerald club and go to view reservation it will say where the picture of the full size car is

Full Size 2/4 Door Car Auto A/C
or your CHOICE at the Aisle.

Thats what mine said ! I copied and pasted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter