Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim South

I've never stayed there, but I know where it is. It would personally be too far to walk, about 1.5 miles. My limit is the Convention Center which is about half way between your hotel and DLand. On the plus side, Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles is down there. We just went there Wednesday, so delicious!

You can walk, but it is exhausting to do after a day at the parks. It takes about 20 minutes (we did it in February). We Uber or take the shuttle normally, but our daughter fell asleep in the stroller, so we did not want to wake her to put her in her portable car seat!

We like the hotel, if we have to stay there (Tropicana and BWPPPI are our normal go-to hotels). It is large for us 3, and the breakfast is nice.

We've stayed three times. There was a shuttle we didn't use, I assume there's a fee. They charge for parking &/or resort fee. We were AP & drove & parked at DLR. There's a surface lot we used & didn't go to the parking structure. We used Disney bus from there to the park.

We've stayed there, too. It was definitely too far for our little family to walk. We drove and parked in the parking structure. I will say the rooms were pretty nice- thin walls, though. Our room had a sort of lounge with a couch and a sliding door that separated it from the beds, which worked out really well. We let our kids sleep and we stayed up a little later that way. They had a decent hotel-style breakfast (waffle maker, pastries, cereal, etc). The hotel has really cute Disney decor throughout. The pool was gross, though. It's in the parking garage, which is really weird.

I've stayed there a couple of times and we use the shuttle. I think it's $6 per person. The breakfast is pretty good and they have a made to order omelet station that has healthier options like egg white omletes with spinach etc. If your interested in that sort of thing. They also have an evening reception with mixed drinks, beer and wine which is nice to relax in the evenings. Beds are comfy also.

... There's a surface lot we used & didn't go to the parking structure. We used Disney bus from there to the park.
This is the Toy Story lot -- frequently abbreviated on this board as TS. The shuttles are free to anyone, so you don't have to park there to use them. Many people staying at the hotels in the near vicinity to TS walk over to take the shuttles to/from the parks.

OP: That ES gets good reviews on this board, but I agree with the other posters that it is too far to walk to/from the parks, unless you are a dedicated walker.

We've stayed there, too. It was definitely too far for our little family to walk. We drove and parked in the parking structure. I will say the rooms were pretty nice- thin walls, though. Our room had a sort of lounge with a couch and a sliding door that separated it from the beds, which worked out really well. We let our kids sleep and we stayed up a little later that way. They had a decent hotel-style breakfast (waffle maker, pastries, cereal, etc). The hotel has really cute Disney decor throughout. The pool was gross, though. It's in the parking garage, which is really weird.

Pool in the parking garage? That does seem strange!

I've stayed here a few times. It's a nice hotel. The breakfast is good. They do have a shuttle for 6.00 a day. You can get an ART buss pass that's more convenient and it drops you off pretty close to the Disneyland Entrance. The first morning we walked it and it was a long ways.
I would stay here again.

Pool in the parking garage? That does seem strange!
We've stayed there with our family and the pool was definitely not in a parking garage. Google maps images from 2019 clearly show the pool to be in the wide open. Have a look for yourself at the satellite image to be sure. We really loved staying there, but it is definitely too far for our family to walk on a Disney day.

We've stayed there with our family and the pool was definitely not in a parking garage. Google maps images from 2019 clearly show the pool to be in the wide open. Have a look for yourself at the satellite image to be sure. We really loved staying there, but it is definitely too far for our family to walk on a Disney day.

It was dark and shadowy and right next to the parking garage, so it sure felt like it was in it to me. Either way, it was not a nice pool and my kids, who go ape over any pool, were not excited to try this one out. It took tons of coaxing to even get them to go walk around it. They did not want to venture in it.

At first I was thinking you were talking about the Embassy Suites by the 5 and State College Blvd. For sure that'd be too far! But I agree with others, even the Anaheim South ES is too far to walk, especially after a long day.

It was dark and shadowy and right next to the parking garage, so it sure felt like it was in it to me. Either way, it was not a nice pool and my kids, who go ape over any pool, were not excited to try this one out. It took tons of coaxing to even get them to go walk around it. They did not want to venture in it.
Hmm, that's odd. This is the photo I took of it from above. Was it the Embassy Suites South that you were at? I just want the OP to have a clear idea of what the hotel is like.

Attachments

• 20080209_1659.JPG
    20080209_1659.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 20
The breakfast/snacks at night were handy, as was the shuttle. Rooms felt dated to me. However, we stayed here directly after Aulani as part of a split Aulani/Disneyland trip and that might have played a role in our dislike of the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter